"That name is unavailable"

I was quite surprised when I found out that Roboto was free. I understand your pain.

No one with an active account should lose their names. I just made a new character in draenor, so I know what pain it can be to find a decent name. Doesn’t mean it’s ok to run over other people and take their names from them.

I put a lot of effort into my names. It took me two days and I don’t know how many character creations and deletions until I was happy with the result for that toon. All it takes is a little effort and people can find good names.

1 Like

I wonder If I can sell names thou, I’ve got some preeeeetty good names reserved.

T9 :joy:
I mean 3 month nonactivity ofcourse.

You could get lucky and someone deletes a character and the name becomes free. People change names when they race change or faction change too. It really just does depend.

I have heard of people selling names but I’d never trust that kind of transaction. You have no way of making them keep up their end of the bargain.

1 Like

Use letters with accents

i.e.
Goresh
Góresh
Gorésh
Górésh

etc

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/479
:rofl:

3 Likes

This works. I would althought warn that using scandinavian letters like ä, ö, å to replace a and o (that are not a and o with accents but actually totally different letters) can cause pretty hilarious sounding names with unintended meanings. So if you have name you want everyone to take seriously and not cause unwanted chuckles, might want to steer away from ä, å, and ö.

1 Like

I did not play WoW for 5 years and you want that i’m loggin’ in after 5 years and i have force name change on every character?

1 Like

I really hate having to butcher names with accents, so I tend to just go for something different.

2 Likes

I dont use them either and to be honest i have never had problems to come up with the name. If first ones i think are taken i just think of something else. But i am also the person who all my friends come to when they can’t think of a name for their character so i can totally understand that finding good name can be difficult for many.

1 Like

I have got a Puñy but I hate it. She will probably get a rename.

1 Like

:rofl:

I had an inner vision of that :joy:

2 Likes

I can see the number of Bukachus are rising… Soon a new religion will destroy WoW as we now it :fearful:

1 Like

Mine still wont show, don’t know if I need to do one of the starting quests on it.

Don’t you have to be lvl 10 to show on armory or was it changed?

It’s a DK so it’s 55.

Gnum DK called Bukachu on Silvermoon :laughing:

Oh yeah ofc! Doooh.

I had the same. Even worse that I continued to see this player in /trade, who stole my name :joy:

Actually, I am gonna try it again.

In general though, I tend to pick names nobody else has when I first pick names, which is kind of odd. I think I got some really bad taste. Aylish was also seemingly the first and only Aylish in the EU for a long time(based on the original EU armory), despite TBC launching with about 8 million players.

Some of the names I’ve found it really odd that they were available is Minda, Mindy, Haddie, Haileigh, Adelheid, Arrabella, Ivymoon, Coldwhisper and Nefertiki(my troll…) But yeah, might just be my bad taste.