"That name is unavailable"

curvymerv … theres another name you can have, for free.
hitchedloot … another
creatorrace … another
fantasmagoria … another
plinkle … another
urfacemyfoot … another

just made all of those up, this very moment.

If a name is taken, it´s taken.

1 Like

They do…

Sell a name? Never heard or seen that happen.

Don’t steal other peoples name… Think outside the box and don’t pick a normal name. Be creative.

Just a general question on this subject. If I’d come across a name that is taken, how could I know whether or not the account is inactive for more then 2 expansions? Also, does logging in on another character below lvl 20 count as being active or not?

It’s the account that has to be inactive, so sadly there is no way of knowing in most cases. They could just be using a main that you don’t know or any other character on their account. If it has a sub, the name is not going to be free :frowning:

If it says name is taken and does not let you to take the name, then you know that account has been active during that time. When that account is inactive over that time, name frees automatically, you do not have to do anything to claim or request for it.

1 Like

Stop saying I’m not creative. You should see the names of my characters. Creativity is not the issue here.

But if you’re fine calling your character “Ducksillybee”, just don’t comment.

1 Like

Ah sorry :relaxed: I misread that as inactive characters. My bad. I have seen people defend that position and jumped to conclusions.

With all respect, if you come up with names that are taken then those names were not that creative in the first place. Or more like, someone was equally creative but faster and then you just have to come up with something else.

And i am not calling you “not creative” by saying the above, i just mean you have to come up with more creative names then. Which i am sure you can do.

3 Likes

My experience is that all my abandoned alts on servers I no longer use have been flagged for rename. All the characters on the servers I actually play on remain safe.

I don’t know about the sub-20 question, it may be all you need is to look at the character list.

1 Like

There’s creative names, and then there’s names you actually want to have to satisfy your inner RP or sense of whimsy :slight_smile:

Everyone wants a rogue called Mickdagger. Ending up as Daggerathion just doesn’t feel the same, especially if you meet the actual Mickdagger in a city, and even more so when he’s someone’s abandoned level 37.

But the best way to go is a fantasy name generator and forget “meaningful” names. Trying for significant words in other languages has already been done.

1 Like

We are legioooooooon

Buka-buka chu-chu buka-buka chu-chu!

Who needs power stations?

1 Like

That’s ironic coming from a panderan rouge sharing a name with a naruto character…

Then there are people like me who don’t understand people taking ages to pick names/characters. I recently wanted to play an dark iron shammy but didnt know what name to pick, so i simply named it dhiarrhea.

Well, there’s an easy workaround to your suggestion it’s called making DKs and level them to 60+.

Lovely name :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:
Of course it has the advantage of endless playing with diarrhea jokes, still

As for me, I spend time not only on their names but also on their stories. I choose their professions, their mounts and their pets based on who they are. I play to create characters instead of creating characters to play I guess

maybe try to bribe a gm with lemon and lime cheescake :slight_smile:

you should try sims :smiley: