The Alliance is responsible for Arthas

From the mouth of the high king Anduin Wrynn himself. He admittet that the worst genocidal criminal of Azeroth and leader of the scourge was created by the Alliance. So when will you guy do atonement for that screw up dear Alliance players?

If you insist on making an argument from authority, you might at least want to point at someone anyone would see as an authority on the matter.

1 Like

Anduin is the highest authority in the alliance. If he says so then he is usually right. He took responsibility for Arthas during the negoatiation with Saurfang.

On Arthas? No. I am personally a higher authority on that than him, having played him and all that.

How can you misinterpret the story so badly? Anduin didn’t mean to say that the Alliance is literally responsible for Arthas’ actions, just that characters from Alliance races can also take the wrong path and are not immune to corruption.

Actually Ner’zhul is responsible for Arthas and he was Horde! So the Horde is actually responsible for Arthas.

that would be Sylvanas

5 Likes

Nice try Aeula. How many times do I need to call you out before you stop trollinga ctual nightelf fans?

1 Like

Well, that is a given clearly, Anduin also said that in the novel “Before the Storm”.

But it cannot be denied that several Alliance characters have at least a degree of blame in his fall and corruption, namely Terenas, Uther, Jaina, Muradin and overall the soldiers of the kingdom of Lordaeron too, for either giving him an education as a paladin that couldn’t actually stop and suppress his passions and brash/arrogant behaviour, or for being too passive and not being able to stop him in time when he was going to go on the wrong path (purge of Stratholme, burning the ships, killing the mercenaries, taking up Frostmourne…)

It’s not even close. The slaughter of 90% of the High Elves already outnumbers the Night Elves who died in the burning of Teldrassil. If we add to that all the other invasions, genocides, disasters and destructions that Arthas did, either as a Death Knight or a Lich King, it’s really not even close.

Arthas and the Scourge killed millions, possibly tens of millions of people. Sylvanas and the Forsaken killed tens of thousands at best and hundreds of thousands at worst (hundreds of thousands is probably a stretch though, I think she’s closer to the former rather than the latter)

1 Like

You keep calling me this name and I find it funny how convinced you are about it, I won’t break it to you :slight_smile:

I mean around 90% of Night Elves died in Teldrassil too, if not more. Sylvanas also intentionally sent them to hell to suffer forever, that makes her much worse than Arthas who “just” killed people.

Sylvanas killed them painfully and then sent them to eternal torture.

Unless Blizzard release an official percentage for the Burning of Teldrassil, we can’t say that. But from the fact that most of the army was actually away from Teldrassil, and not every civilian actually lived in Darnassus as the Night Elves have several outposts all over Kalimdor, (unlike the Kingdom of Quel’thalas who were isolationists and reclusive and the great majority of people didn’t live away from Quel’thalas, which makes sense with the 90% figure), I would put the percentage not above 50% of Kaldorei deaths. Probably way less too.

Yes but this is valid for everyone who died after the “Machine of death” was broken, so it’s not like the Night Elves are a special case…

You forgot that part where those killed people ar risen against their will as undead for his army. Nice fan ficiton you’re imagining here.

1 Like

I didn’t forget that part.

Official sources state that there are far too few Night Elves left after the burning.

Yet Sylvanas still knowingly commited genocide and sent tens of thousands of innocents to hell.

Wasn’t dreadlords responsible for Ner’zhul who was responsible for Arthas who was responsible for Sylvanas?
We are all innocent here.

2 Likes

The only thing I know is that Terenas was responsible for the Burning of Teldrassil.

Well, that’s a bit of a stretch, I would leave the blames of Terenas and Uther all on Arthas, realistically, you know his education as a paladin and inability to stop him in time as his father and King of Lordaeron, and Uther as his mentor too.

But if you really want a taste of that logic, I could say part of the blame for the burning is on Tyrande herself, for joining the Alliance in the first place back then, which led everything to the event (neutral Night Elves wouldn’t have been attacked by the Horde in such a massive way). Or Anduin and his generals for falling in the trap of Sylvanas too technically so naively :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Or you could just not say anything, that works too.

I hate to break it to you but it was actually “Sylvanas” that (as Anduin would call it) put the torch to Teldrassil. So that was totally Sylvana’s doing.

As for Arthas…
I’m pretty sure that when Arthas turned and became the Lich King,
so Anduin was’nt the one with the “highest” authority" at that time.

I will admit that it kinda bugs me that some people actually have the audacity to come out here and putting the Alliance in a black daylight when infact it’s the Horde that has committed way more “heinous crimes” (as the late Variann would call it) then the Alliance has

Yeah, look how being affiliated to no one worked for quillboar.

On topic: sure we are. As well as for Garithos and the internment camps. And we carry that all with pride. Now get off my Lordaeron back to your barren wastes.

1 Like

Are you really that bugged that I’m giving blames on Terenas about Arthas? If a person turns out to be a criminal it’s not just his/her own fault, or the society, most of the times it’s the fault of the parents too.

Not to mention that if he had listened to Medivh instead of acting arrogantly, most of the people of Lordaeron would have been spared their fate.

They are pretty good…despite all the genocides of Mankirk :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I’m barely acknowledging you being an “Alliance” player, being a Death Knight actually, but at least you admit all of that, so I will give you props for that…as for Lordaeron, I would be ok with it being no man’s land, but I’m afraid the Forsaken are actually rebuilding, as the Alliance didn’t want to finish the job with them even without Sylvanas… as usual :sweat_smile:

“The burning of Teldrassil is the Night Elves’ fault because they existed”

If they didn’t exist, the Horde wouldn’t have wiped them out and sent all of them to hell.

1 Like