The Anti-social & Silence. Is wiping Dung/raid

Im the only one who is getting tired of when player in Raid/Dung are not saying anything and just think they can eyeball & cowboy it?. Sheeeit i’m wiping in a dung / raid because members do not know what to do.
Now this is not a rant on how bad people are.
WE all were bad in the begining.
AND there most be room to learn. IF 1 had just say ‘‘HAY! im a noob here, and i have no ide wtf to do’’ then i would be more than happy to help. Because i would rather use 10-15min more than an hour because we wipe.
When people are not say anything i take it as people know wtf to do.

Im the only one feeling that way or i’m to ‘‘WoW Classic player, that is use to people talking’’ that im an donkey ?

Sorry for the english!

2 Likes

When it’s the first week, you should always just explain tactics. Even if you ask if people know them, most won’t respond. No idea why. They might be ashamed or scared of being kicked (Id kick you a lot sooner for wasting my time, than for not knowing tactics).

Genuinly, if you don’t know wtf you are doing, say so. Else you are wasting everyone in the raid’s time. Especially on later bosses where you can just wipe the raid instantly because you have no idea you’re meant to stack over there… No idea you needed to run out with that…

I recently got back into healing. I started my first few instances with this macro:
“/i Howdy. The last time I was healing anything was at mist of pandaria. If i do something bad, just point at me and say bad words”

People usually get it, and 100% at the time they replied with “It’s okey dude”

Despite the popular opinion, wow players didn’t turnded into ***holes since wotlk (or mor of an AH than before :smiley: ), they just got used to the silence.

1 Like

Yeah this is exactly what I do as well. Tell people I am not comfortable with the Dungeon/Raid or class/spec yet, and ask if they can give me a heads up when I’m doing something wrong.

That said, I only take constructive criticism of course, not people blaming me without explaining why I’m doing something wrong. I’m here to play the game for fun and to learn.

Usually being nice to others gets you far. Acting like you know it all won’t.

1 Like

People expect you know it perfectly 10 minutes after the new raid is there. Things take time, even if you killed everything once, doesn’t mean you know every little detail by heart.

But pug groups will always be, make a mistake and you’re kicked. Dunno, I feel some people are not really gamers, beste games I played in I died a sh**loads of times.

I prefer to play with mates anyways, pugs are last resort, but preferably not. I prefer silence over these runs with one dude who comments on everything. Usually /ignore him, since that bothers me :slight_smile:

From personal experience this may sound bad but I worry about saying “Hey I am a noob” because I worry that I will get insta kicked because that’s the mentality of most people nowdays. They don’t have time for novice players and expect people to always know what they are doing. Its a vicious cycle.

well most new players, do not dear to speak up, for a reason, so many times I have seen in leveling dungeons, someone who is new say, that I am new do not know this dungeon, some tard instantly says Kick?, so no for the new players it is better to be silent and hope for the best, heck not even I most of the time say not done this boss before if I pug I just hope for the best.

Its only the excuse. You know, 13 years ago there were several videos abou wow, but now… You have tons of info, guides, even POVs of every class and spec! You can now see 100% of the fight even without being in raid!

I can hardly find any excuse not to use all that information to become a better player.
No player wants to be a babysitter.

We’ve just had an Operation: Mechagon run recently. Three of us had this as their firs run in the dungeon, and it really paid off to just say “This is my first time here, pls tell me what to do at the bosses” instead of more wipes. Honestly it was one of the best dungeon experiences in a long while with a nice group, communication, really reminded me of vanilla dungeons.

I know it can be scary to say so because some impatient people might insta-kick you, but they are usually the exact same people who will ragequit after a wipe anyway.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.