The best 3 pets?

what spell birds have for AOE and debuff?

The ability is ā€œScreechā€
The HUGE advantage for solo/gold farming is that you can send it in a pack of mobs, and heal the pet if needed without all non primary targets then charging you and beating the crap out of you. And of course, attack power debuff.

1 Like

Just get that pink plainstrider from mulgore and wreck face

3 Likes

What do you think about Spiteflayer? He has 1.2 AS, unusual for bird.

Not a bad choice if you can stand the carrion bird model. The attack speed is definitely good for PvP.
I prefer keeping my PvE and PvP pets separate. Nothing beats a cat with 1.0 attacks speed but also stealth (specially has a night elf hunter with shadowmeld) for PvP.

Just my opinion of course. At the end of the day, youā€™re here to have fun, also choose a pet you enjoy playing with because it looks cool.

1 Like

Iā€™m going for humar the pride lord since heā€™s the best looking cat in the game (black lion).

Iā€™m also going to get a wind serpent because their lightening breath hits hard and is ranged.

But for best pets

broken tooth for pvp
Wolf for raiding
Bat for grinding

Owl with Stamina/Armour for most solo-content/grinding/off-tanking. Screech is amazing at dealing AoE threat.

Wolf with Fireres/Shadowres/Stamina for Molten Core. Howl adds some serious damage to a physical party over the course of a bossfight, and can still be of use on bosses where you need to keep your pet back (Shazzrah).

Iā€™m getting something with fast attack speed (a cat probably) later on when PvP becomes a thing.

1 Like

Arenā€™t carrion birds better? Theyā€™re tankier by default and can learn Screech too.

PvE
Lvl 50 cat with 2.0 attack speed from STV or a 2.0 wolf with furious howl.

PvP
Broken tooth or a boar.

scorpions are pretty good in general vs druids and shamans since its poison acts as dispel protection for your stings

I used various boars until 37 when Broken Tooth became my main and will stay my main until 60. Then at 60:

Broken Tooth for PvP

Snarler for raids

Scorpid for poison to take down healers

Ask yourself this; Would you rather have a vulture or an owl as a pet? :wink:

Carrion Birds have slightly higher armor true, but owls have slightly higher damage, and are (imo) much nicer to have flapping around.

Snarler got nerfed bro :<

Yeah I like Owls better too. :stuck_out_tongue:

Snarler no longer has his resistances, or it would be my first choice for raiding too.

Any tips how to catch BT?

I was checking last night (from 9 PM-1AM) and this morning (from 6AM until now), but with no luck, sadly.

Im standing at the place where I can see all 3 potential spawn spots, using my tracking and eagle eye for checking. Anything more should I know? :slight_smile: Maybe the best time/calculator/spawn time, etc.?

EDIT: can I run 2 different games on the same Bnet account without breaking any of Blizzard company laws? It would be a lot of easier if I could play Hearthstone :smiley:

BT randomly spawns at one of the three locations, thereā€™s no precise rule, you must be lucky, and catch him before another hunter gets him or some non hunter kills him.

And yeah, you can run two Blizzard games at the same time, no problem. You can even run two WoW instances if you own two accounts.

The Rake at lvl 10 ā€¦ super easy to get and 1.2 attack speed. Has no ability but taunt. For leveling I think thatā€™s good enough.

Yea, but Im now 48 lvl, it would be really hard to level him up from level 10.

great topic. noob hunter here.
Where do I get myself an owl?
How often should you get a new pet if ever?

If youā€™re alliance, you can get one easily at low-levels since they fly around in teldrassil.

As horde however, unless you want to a) make a very perilous journey and b) level up a low-lvl owl, your best bet is to tame one in felwood at lvl 48:ish.