The best possible replacement for heirloom xp removal

The removal of heirloom xp totally sucks. As someone who has invested a lot in heirlooms (all 4 rings and pvp trinkets as well as all heirlooms except for the ones introduced in BFA maxed) it feels terrible losing something I worked so hard to obtain.

So here is an idea: make heirlooms give extra stats based on the amount of max level characters you have. Make it so that eventually you will be blazing through content the same way you did before 7.3.5 or even reach higher power level. This would incentivise both leveling and upgrading your heirlooms and would add even more value to them for true altotolics.

1 Like

Levelling is fast enough anyway.

Leveling is fast enough, this is true. Personally I have almost hit character cap(44 max level chars) but others are still trying to increase their army.

You don’t need to destroy the gameplay balance of low level, including low level PvP, in order to feel as if you got value out of your items. The XP requirement in Shadowlands is such that you need about 20 hours of gametime to reach level 60 if you’re slow.

Other items in the game also lose their value. Every time I’ve farmed my heart out on a tier, those items lose much of their luster in less than 6 months.

I don’t complain about it, 'cause that’s just how it is. And so it is for you.

Heirlooms should’ve never existed in the first place.
At best they should just return the gold.

3 Likes

That’s not really the point he is makeing. He is argueing that it feels terrible to loose something he spent so much time and energy investing in. While the proposed solution might not be the best I sympathize.

3 Likes

Ok I understand what you are saying but this is slightly different in that you go into a new content their expecting the gear to be invalidated next patch. Where as when you invest in heirlooms you expect them to still be there doing their thing next expansions

I’m not saying the op is correct but I understand and sympathize with where he is coming from

3 Likes

I get that, but a lot of unexpected things happen as WoW changes and shifts.

In my ideal universe, there would’ve never been heirlooms and there would’ve never been an expectation to level up tons of characters and there would’ve been more challenging levelling but less levels etc. etc. but my ideal world isn’t the reality that we’ve got.

I think people who bought heirlooms got a ton of value out of them. There’s a bit of melancholy here, and I get it, but it’s not really very logical to carry forward that system and destroy a levelling process that finally has a real chance of being fixed.

This is completely different from a tier set or whatever though. These are supposed to be an account upgrade that people bought SPECIFICALLY for the xp bonus. Removing it would be the equivalent of removing the AH from the Brutosaur after people have spent 5 million on it. It is NOT expected that the xp bonus would be removed and there was nothing to indicate that it would.

1 Like

Which is why I said “return the gold”.

Don’t carry the system forward. Nobody needs their levelling time reduced from 20 hours to 18 hours. You’re gonna be fine.

In my opinion as someone who also got max heirlooms, there doesnt need to be any compensation.

Heirlooms still function as some of the best gear you can get for most levels. And allow you to level without thinking about gear at all. And you also were able to gain full use of heirloom xp up until now. Thats a lot of time.

1 Like

If the gold got refunded I would be ok with the change. Mostly because I have all the characters I want already maxed. I am mostly thinking of the people who aren’t in my position but aim for a big alt number.

I’d rather have run speed.

2 Likes

IF they give a good bonus then sure. However the way blizzard usually tackles run speed the bonus will be so small it will be irrelevant compared to the current xp buff. Unless they give bear tartare levels of movement speed the removal of xp is a huge nerf to heirlooms

1 Like

Its not that big a deal tbh as if leveling took long without heirlooms. If you are so worried just level them up now

Or just instead, create a tabard / shirt that gives you more experience it, as you upgrade it.

They’re meant for faster leveling, so just give them something like run speed bonus or useful effects like heals/shields what would allow you to pull more at once.

There are many possibilities and I wish people would get creative and give some constructive feedback rather than complain about their money.

Well yeah heirlooms as they are now would be pretty overpowered in SL makes sense they’ll want to nerf them.

Doubt they would do that. They are aiming to remove xp buffs not introduce more of them. Personally I would it but I can’t see it happening.

In terms of balance, the idea is horrible, but I feel the same after spending lots of time and gold.

I mean it should be like cat form levels or so. maybe just keep the same percentages as XP bonus but for run speed, would put you at 40%-ish?

If it’s like that azerite trait that gives 8% maximum then no.

They should add legion legendaries as a sort of a heirloom buff that can be switched around. Would make for a fun leveling experience.