The Burning Compromise

I wrote another post on how I think re-releasing TBC wouldn’t be a great move (Re-releasing TBC would be a mistake. There can only be one divide). But times change. The dark portal hums and tremors once again and it seems very likely that Classic realms will find themselves transitioning to The Burning Crusade.

If this is to be a great success and not repeat the problems, new and old, of Classic then I have a simple proposition : The Burning Crusade but #changes.

Let us all simply give the devs the freedom to impose changes to The Burning Crusade. There will be problems, known and unknown, and we want to see them fixed do we not? How radical those changes should be is a valid question but the path should be open and not closed.

Fears that TBC would be ‘ruined’ by any changes is an unwarranted concern. There is no way of knowing how the community might ‘ruin’ TBC also and Blizzard need to be unshackled and able to react to that.

Classic with #nochanges can be splintered off into separate realms that we can copy our characters to. I know I will maintain a presence there but I would also be happy to brave the portal knowing that exploits and corruptions are free to be remedied.

I think if anything that spell batching teaches us that they shouldn’t touch TBC with a teen foot pole and only stay in to damage control exploits.

I don’t know how to deal with the mess they created with mega realms. Force ppl off them I guess. Free xfer and no sharding, layering or whatever.

1 Like

I’m expecting people to say #noflying.
Even though, content literally requires you to fly XD.

2 Likes

This is actually very good point.
With current #nochanges meta we have in classic and majority of player min-maxing, and having that in small world of outland with so liitle elementals/nodes to farm (+with knowledge base 2020) … i can 100$ guarantee that TBC will became biggest failure ever. But with few changes it can became huuge success and you all know it

1 Like

Haha yes. I’m very anti-flying but at least in TBC it doesn’t have an effect on Azeroth gameplay. A radical change to flying I would make it to make it require a resource that rapidly depletes. That resource is crafted via professions. Perhaps special leatherworking recipes allow for players to stay up for a bit longer.

I’ll accept tweaks; but not changes.

Adding DR to arcane torrent - good tweak.

Giving Ally Paladins Seal of Blood? - good tweak.

Completely overhauling flying and class balance? - change - bad.

I wonder how you or other people would’ve felt if people came here back in 2018 or something to demand for a “Vanilla Compromise” where several retail features - like personal loot, AoE loot, transmog, maybe even flying - are added to Vanilla while keeping everything else, as a way of appealing both to Vanilla and Retail fans.

Impossible, blizz will never sit on two stools at once, it will be kinda abomination like classic is / was. But nevertheless we will play and eventualy learn how to love this abomination TBC Classic will be :]

If they don’t change the way blessings generate threat paladins will be the strongest tanks from pre raid to T6 since they will be able to focus on defensive stats and still have the best single and multi target threat with 100 spellpower lol, warriors will always be behind and ferals will be on par only in T6

1 Like

I wouldn’t actually mind that on classic/TBC lmao.

You mean those 2 devs the small indie company spares to maintain this ambitious project?

1 Like

Uhm… What? Devastate made warriors the best single target tanks, you know?

In order to do that you’d need at least 14 ppl of the same class which is really not going to happen in any normal raid.

1 Like

They were only early on.
And with the way BoK spam works (like battle shout used to) it looks like paladins will take over from the start as it is broken.

I’m not opposed to some changes, mostly balance ones (e.g. nerf locks/hunters, buff something that underperforms), but also stuff like dual spec. I don’t think anyone but the most fanatic “muh no change” crowd would whine about that, but they whine about everything anyway.

No dungeon finder though. It doesn’t even look like retail players like it all that much.

In terms of heroic keys and raid attunements, I’d keep it honored for the keys, but keep every single raid attunement forever (except without this “only 4 vials at a time” nonsense on Vashj/KT - that was just dumb). I don’t like putting barriers to entry at low levels of gear, but if someone wants to raid, they should be expected to clear heroics and previous raids.

^^you’re making 99 points and each of them is only your opinion. What’s “dumb”, what “makes sense” to change, what is a “no-no”.

Just an example, someone’s fine with dual spec, but thinks keeping revered heroic barrier is important. He also wants to nerf locks and hunters but disagrees with you on which ability should be nerfed to keep PvP/general integrity.

There’s no way #changes can work without hundreds of thousands of different people disliking every change.

3 Likes

Why would you play the game you already know you do dislike? with your changes you are just trying to form “Your perfect” game and therefore ruining it from others

1 Like

I am 100% sure Activision Blizzard will shard TBC. Not layer it but permanently shard it. Ofc I don’t know anything but this is what I predict. I also think that people that want TBC in general will be ok with it.

Sharding (and xrealm zones which came first) is the most antisocial feature they ever implemented. Something even funnier, it’d have a chilling effect on pugs forming if there’s no familiarity with the person whatsoever, which something as simple as seeing them, or their guildies, run around in the world helps with.

Or in other words, just take a look at the extreme requirements people demand in the group finder in refail, because people don’t branch out regularly from their social bubbles of guild or just a few acquaintances over there. Which in turn leaves the ones without requirements as seen as scrubs without any person to carry them, so it makes people want to avoid them. So on and so forth.

Not to mention the disastrous impact on loot rarity (which layering already showed), and what the “shard jumping” would cause.

Not to be blunt, but you’re just naive if you think that, in a world with server-wide Discord communities, warcraftlogs etc., pug leaders judge prospective members by how they see them running around in the world. Not even in Classic.