The Coalescing Visions buff and what it implies

After releasing 8.3 Blizz had the dailies in Uldum and the Vale that gave you some rep, not all that much but you could go and boost it with the area events, and a few Coalescing Visions. Not enough to tip the scales in favor of anyone but a nice little bit extra anyway. So me and a few others must have figured “screw it. I don’t care for the rep and the essence you get isn’t all that important to me, plus the permanent rune is way to expensive to be worth it.” and didn’t do the dailies.

Something, btw, Blizz has stated in the past they are fine with. That it’s OK to be done with something. And I and others are f*cking done with the daily crap, be it WQ’s, dailies or anything. At that point however, a Siren must have gone off at Blizz HQ that some people were not grinding. So the rewards were trippled. TRIPPLED. To incite people to do the Grind because reasons. And today it was more than doubled again.

Since the 8.3 release, the daily rewards have been increased by a factor of 6.5

And it wouldn’t even bother me if it wasn’t such an obvious attempt to push people back into the daily grind. “Player retention” once again are the magic words instead of “fun”. Because to many people dailies aren’t fun! Flying from the forrest to the Vale each and every day for no other reason to do a selection of the same old quests yet again for no other reason but becase you’re hindering your characters’ progress if you don’t isn’t fun!

And has anyone put togther yet that we’re stuck with this patch for the next 8 months at the very least? The horrific Visions will get old at some point. To some, they already are. All Blizzard does is hasten the process.

1 Like

I only got 2500 visions from the big assault, blizzard?

Should have gotten 6500

1 Like

I’d rather place my bets on trying to respond to complains rather than making you play longer

Overall these changes will decrease the cloak grind even if you only do the strict minimum (assaults for cloak upgrade quest)

I’m pretty disappointed that they buffed the dailies tho, it used to be an option not worth your time.

Same

Buff the amount you get but nerf the assault ones so its actually less in the long run, great design :+1:

The big assault now gives 2500 plus a vessel, whereas the minor assaults now give 6500.

1 Like

Didn’t even notice that one. Nice Blizz. Nerfing the assault and buffing the dailies. Gee, i wonder why… hmm… What could be the point… what are they trying to tell the players…

1 Like

Noticed it because i only do assaults on my 12 alts ( Flex ) while dailies on my main, both gave 5500, now one gives 6500 & other around 2600

But it always gave a vessel and 5500 visions…

1 Like

Was the amount of coalescing visions random before? Because I never got 5500 from the main vision. I could be remembering incorrectly, but as Wowhead have already updated their guides I can’t go back to check anywhere.

Shut up dude jese they responded and listened to complaints and increased it

This.
And the dailies now give 350

Big assault is 1 vessel +2500. Small assault is 6500

Or maybe, since we are already some time into patch (not much ik) blizz is slowly reducing prices/increasing gains for those who are coming later or have alts?
Nah thats stupid right? Lets assume they care if we grind or not, like they care about what we do, we pay so even if we stay afk 30days it doesnt matter to them…

So you’re one of those who like to do mindnumbing, repetative content. good for you! go forth and conquer. there’s TONS of stuff for you to do. BfA is little else than that. Doesn’t change a thing though. This is yet another push towards forcing people into dailies if they wanna stay up to date.

So lower the pages required before you’re 1 or 2 levels below the max cloak?

Previously you would have gotten 1 Horrific Vessel per assault and 0 coalescing visions, and 5500 coalescing visions and 0 Horrific Vessels per minor assault.

Now you receive 1 Horrific Vessel per assault and 2,500 coalescing visions, and 6500 coalescing visions and 0 Horrific Vessels per minor assault.

3 Likes

I would only do the daily quests if they had upped the reputation as well, but they didn’t so I keep ignoring the quests like in the past weeks :man_shrugging:

I don’t need Coalescing Visions, I have enough. I even “lost” around 2k, because I was close to the cap and just couldn’t bother trading them for a vessel before finishing the assault :more shrugging:

So like the last 15 years… Ok

They reduced even the lower ranks (5-12i guess?) for new/returning players and their alts.

The anount needed for rank 13/15 is imo because even they realized it pretty too much to require 9 runs for rank 15.

But yea, keep your tinfoil hat and lets all pretend they reduced it because they count how many of us do dailies

2 Likes

I didn’t do the dailies either. I just capped mini vision quest and with it only I even catched up with cape levels that I f#cked up on first week…but then at one point I started doing, because I was just lacking things to do.

This is probably the dumbest interpretation of a change i have ever seen. Taken out of context you might have some weak argument, but it comes along with nerfs to requirements for cloak ranks and more pages per runs, so it’s obvious that it’s an effort to help people catch up, or for alts.

Lots of people have been complaining that they are forever behind, but with all these changes, you have a chance to catch up now, and for me who started my alts late, i can go and do some meaningful grind that isn’t just lost cause i didn’t play that character in the first 2 weeks of the patch.