The Current State of Resto Shamans

I do love druid, but shaman is special for me.

I am in CKS, but not rly many runs lately, I guess everyone is just waiting for the new patch. I can do a 10-11 easily, but it’s no challenge any more. High keys don’t rly give higher gear, I just play that for the challenge :D.

I was also in Fail Train, but in that channel there is one like fixed group doing high keys, they usually have one spot that (not healer) that is taken within one millisecond, the rest are just low key runs, but actually not many people doing challenging keys there.

Will try again today, last night I was just getting annoyed a bit i guess, waiting 2 hours to get a group :D. I think I can do better things with my time :wink:

Yeah, hope u find yourself a steady team. Getting into pugs at 14-15 i guess will be hard since alot of them wants meta classes and the CR.

1 Like

Is our CR totem that bad btw? Maybe I don’t get how it works, since it’s also a CR?

Havent really used it much, i prefer the earthen wall totem as a tank cd. I guess u kinda have to predict that someone will die and place it before they die for it to work? We usually have too many CR in my group (2 druids and 2 engineers), so i never need it.

I’m always with tanks that like to run out of things :smiley: Not just tanks, and not just earthen wall totem :slight_smile:

Wouldnt hurt if they gave it some better visuals, so hard to see in everything else :smirk:

2 Likes

CR Totem is to inconsisrent. Take a Boomkin with you and you’re fine. Druid Tanks works well too because if the tank dies its most likely a wipe. I dont like dk tanks outside of Atal or KR so i dont want to mention them. Most of them cant use their cds right - therefore its pain to heal them.

Love the interrupts on boomkins :smiley: But yeah makes sense, sucks though, that totem maybe should be turned into something more useful. A simple rez totem for me would be great, maybe not a CD, since I believe druids also don’t get a limit in their rez.

Did anyone try AD this week? I did a 13 in time, but the 15 and 16 I did…not really. I felt I really was able to heal that, then again, the timer on AD I feel is very low.

Only a +4 :stuck_out_tongue: this week was really rough, glad its over soon!

1 Like

Yeah I recall I hated the last time it was on. Happy I managed to time a 13 AD, it felt doable, but with a group that really knows what they’re doing. Was with a discord group (on the 15 and 16), but sometimes they’re discussing how to approach stuff, an that takes too long sometimes. Esp. this void before the 2nd boss. I was like…just pull the group away, go to the area LoS of the void, and go back after. We can BL that group, no biggie.

Also working on my shadow priest now, really fun. Plus, I stopped with my resto druid, sure they’re good, but I found it boring at one point.

Yeah, we pull them down the stairs and deal with the void after (havent tried it on high key like that though and maybe not with sanguine and quaking :laughing:). But dragging them off to the side would work aswell.

Tried a 15 ML and a 15 FH this week, both keys lost early in the dungeon. ML was just horrible with ppl pulling extra mobs when trying to move away from quaking and sanguine :sweat_smile: think i’ve only managed to time a KR 12 this week :flushed:

ML has to be the sh*tiest this week. I have to say, in FH, I also managed to pull something walking backwards…a monkey…damn :smiley: I’d recond if taken care, ML shouldn’t be too hard, just create a path to walk back, but easier said than. Just want to time a few more 15s before I go on a 5 week holiday, season is over when I come back for sure :smiley:

1 Like

There’s just mobs EVERYWHERE in ML :joy: hoping next week will be better :blush:

Teeming? :smiley: (haven’t checked yet)

Tyra, bolstering, explosive and tides heavy i think.

^^ Hey guys, I’ve been trying some AD aswell actually. We’ve thought of a new route, going left side instead of the usual right. ( Priestess second boss, instead of Volkaal :slight_smile: ) It sorta worked?.. But the few tries we had at out 17 / 18 keys didn’t really work out as planned :P… Ah well!

Still climbing some points steadily, almost at 2100 as we speak :> I’m playing around APT ( Ancestral Protection Totem ) a bit more, which is something I can do in most dungeons without a Monk tank. It’s really strong in order to skip certain packs, but, using it for that purpose obviously makes it less effective than shadowmeld. Nevertheless, I’ve actually been having fun in M+'s, despite not being the optimal choice as healer :>

Sort of got Dikru to thank for that :slight_smile: Learning to enjoy the things I can instead of being hateful to the things I can’t. It’s still ridiculous how imbalanced things are, and I hope this threat will eventually catch the eye of some Dev’s in order to shed light on why classes are so far apart in their opinion, but with my current reasonably dedicated team things are a lot more fun than they were with just pugs.

It’s really lovely to see you guys discussing things here, by the way :slight_smile: I really appreciate that ^^

Going to attempt a +19 Motherlode soon. which is probably going to be a "funny"experience ^_^. I’ll share my twitch if anyone happens to want to watch that :>

https:// www .twitch.tv/nymnyms

1 Like

Did it in 16 at start of the id but quaking is realy stressful. Thankfully i planed my holidays on this week so i wasnt able to play fron fr-tue. Wasnt the badest idea i guess ^^

1 Like

I’ll add your twitch, like watching resto shammies do high keys (and dream that i could be that good one day :sweat_smile:). Love watching koozie’s stream, but he rarely streams on times i can watch.

Planning to do something w twitch as well, I need a 2nd PC I think, since I have recorded some youtube stuff, but I have to choose between playing and video editting/uploads, that takes a while :slight_smile: