The Death Knight nerfs are way too brutal

It is good to see that Blizzard is already doing balance changes, but it feels like they might have gone a bit overboard on some aspects, especially considering the expansion has been out for 4 days. Would be preferable if they didn’t do 50%+ nerfs on abilities, before seeing how it performs in Arena, RBGs etc.

Not even reducing, but completely removing Abomination Limb’s effect, after the first grip, seems a bit excessive.

I highly doubt DKs were in an oppressive spot beforehand. And throughout the entirety of SL, Frost DKs at least, have been underperforming in Arena. Also, looking at the forum there doesn’t seem to be a single complaint regarding DKs being overpowered, especially not compared to other classes such as DHs.

While it is understandable that Death Knight’s survivability is slightly reduced, it should only be regarding spell damage, not physical. It should only have been Spellwarden and AMS that should’ve been nerfed.
With the removal of Blood Presence etc, Death Knights are already struggling to stay alive against physical damage, and for the majority of arena fights we’re forced to spend all our runic power on Death Strike to even have a chance at staying alive. The incoming nerfs for Death Strike are insane and unjustified, Death Strike finally felt a bit impactful as a heal, but now it is utterly gutted.

I guess it will be another expansion where we’re bottom tier :frowning:

6 Likes

Exactly mannn what is this death strike nerf… nerf spellwarden instead, we will get so tunneled by physical dmg to now, again a xpac where dk underperforms

They say not fun for other specks about abo limps. I reverse the question. After thouse nerfs. And the problems dks got. Where is dks fun now in pvp???
All day i read forums all dks are sad frustrated and disappointed, maybe more negative fillings. I also after sl disaster for dks was seen that and give us some room to play but NO delete survival of dks was interested it seems becouse in pvp dumpening is another enemy from ur survival

I agree they went in too hard and too fast. Also dont get where they got info from to do this. Bgs? Because that would seem stupid.

Bgs with the blues yes… It’s ment in the intro to the notes

The term “unfun” feels like a really weak excuse to justify a nerf. A ton of classes, specs and abilities are unfun to play against, but that is the nature of the game. I’m not having fun playing vs a rogue with perma evasion and resetting on me 5 times, nor am I having fun playing against a DH flying around with 100% leech and dodge, but that’s how the specs work, doesn’t mean it isn’t allowed to exist. All classes and specs have their strengths and weaknesses. There is plenty of counterplay to Abomination Limb, especially in Arena with tons of pillars etc.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.