"The First Move" forced on me

So upon rescueing Baine, instead of proceeding down the quest-line for Jaina, when I entered Oribos “The First Move” immediately pops up in my questlog, which AFAIK initiates a skip of the Torghast quest line. Even if I abandon it, it returns immediately.

When I go to Bolvar, Thrall and Jaina are already there. I was never even offered the quests to rescue them, never mind asked if I wanted to skip this part.

Is this a bug? Did I unknowingly skip? Is skipping mandatory now, i.e. this part of the storyline has been removed? Is this fixable, and if not, how do I keep it from happening on alts?

Got the same problem. When I got back with Baine, all NPC were agenced like they will when accepting “The first Move”.
After turn in of the quest, the rephased away, but Thrall were sit on the stairs while I didn’t save him yet. And when checked, the following quests were shown as completed.
It seems to be a bug, since GM says to report it, but it’s been a while and still no fix.
I leveled an alt to be able to do all the 9.0 quests since my main was forced to skip it… but that’s how it ended for it.

Update :
At this date, and after few fixes released, this is still bugged.
You level up your character lvl 60. You start the covenant tutorial (where you go around, learn about anima reservoir, soulbinds,…)
That tutorial brings you to free Baine. (Thorgast tuto)
There, you get the Runecarver start quest.

When you bring back Baine, All the NPCs are here freed, like they are when accepting “The first move”
You completed Baine, and all the 9.0 campaign quests are automatically flagged as completed. (so they are skipped, and without your consent.)

to the devs : PLEASE FIX ! I want to play but I can’t ! It’s a GAME BLOCKING BUG !
“but you can still play even with the quest skipped !”
No. I can’t. I want to do ALL the quests. ALL OF THEM. So if they’re skipped, I’ll skip the game.

(Sorry if I seems rude, but I’m angry because I like the game)
P.S. : I can provide screenshots
P.S. 2 : If it’s intended, please don’t assume a choice like this as the choice of every player. Even if a majority vote for something, it doesn’t mean that every player wants it

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.