The game wasn't the same after WoD

Yeah, but classes were designed around legendaries and artifacts weapons. Removing them did no good to classes in BFA. They should have baselined some of those spells that we…ended up getting as baseline spells in SL… Sigh.

cries in mistweaver

1 Like

I don’t remember seeing corruption in Legion

Can i give my very honest and unpopular opinion?

People that complain that classes aren’t complex only those who don’t do any complex content, it’s easy to say classes are simple when all your attention is on your class rotation because the content you do is easy and the mechanics are forgivable.

Why i say this? Despite all what the experts say on these forums on how simple classes are, there is a huge DPS gap between an average player and a good player, even on the easiest specs. Learning to play your class is one thing, do it automatically and with proficiency while doing unforgivable and complex mechanics is another.

Peace.

1 Like

That’s true, on the other hand I’d rather have them make classes deep and with a real learning curve instead of having them “easy to learn and hard to master” because you have to soak 5 AEs every 15 seconds and position yourself not to be in a 5ft radius of any another player in PVE. Instead of designing encounters and having classes around those, I’d rather have encounters designed around the classes, because every player plays a class but not every player raids. That philosophy of dumbing down classes for the masses and having a steep difference at the very end is annoying because everything that’s not raiding is blatantly boring because the classes feel dull.

By going this way they completed removed all the in-between and the middle steps of the learning curve. Classes are easy to learn and hard to master instead of being easy to get a hand on, “need some time and investment” to learn and hard to master. Now the whole design is 80% can be mastered with 20% of the effort and the last 20% will require 80% of the effort. It makes classes feel boring in non-challenging content like Torghast because you don’t need the last 20% anyway.

2 Likes

Dont care about complex classes, i care about classes being unique.
From legion and onwards the only difference is the color of the spells.

1 Like

Some mistakes have to be repeated in order to learn the actual fact pattern.
Game started as n easier version of old school mmos,more forgiving and quite simple as frostbolt frostbolt etc. It had evolved to a point only veteran players felt comfortable playing it. They pruned it and made a great story content in Legion. Invested in class halls, campaign, spec identity and tier mogs, weapon appearances.

Moved complexity curve from class to content, so more people could start, return playing.
Going backwards will only backfire.

But as a classic wrote: one step back, two steps forward. I am fully willing to witness complete unprunning during this expac, if they keep the complexity in the content as highit will be a complete fiasco ( just remember complains about torgast floor 7 and 8 cries here on week 3-4 ) and short squize of most apms.

After that however only legion type of expansion would allow brand to recover so its a win for me in along run. I want to play an expac which was heavily invested, not current artificial boregast floor number x coridor xx and squize non kosher fungus from slimes for the sake of farming 1/10000000 of anime dropletz to buy a pants cosmetic which i wont even use.

Classes are fun to play atm, esp when you can play >1. Diversity of playstyles is good. Dont be a 1 spec Andy who cant find a create new char button and limits themselves from a completely different perspective.

1 Like

By creating 3 more massive failures and removing elements of the game (tier sets) that people liked. The GCD change, azerite, essences and coruptions (to name a few) are not inherited problems from Legion. People blame BfA because it was garbage.

1 Like

Tier sets is the most retarded game design that we had going on for more than 1 expansion. No people did not love tier sets, they loved visuals. Bonuses were garbage.

GCD change was long overdue.

Azerite gear was much better than tier sets, essences were ok, small system that just gave you little power for little work, zero rng.

Corruptions were just too powerful, should have gotten nerf and it would be pretty ok system.

No people dont blame BfA, its the tiny minority on the forums that are incapable of thinking on their own and parrot their fav youtubers.

The moment you lost the argument.

Not really, in previous expansions almost nothing was off gcd.
In legion you simply made macros that rendered some of those spell nearly non-existant.

This type of comment usually comes from people that played one or two classes and had no clue about the scale of the problem.

1 Like

Rt

As a Mythic raider I sometimes wish that skill cap shifts back from content to classes themselves. I know CN mechanics ain’t hard but if Joe fails, then it’s an automatic wipe, which is pretty rubbish.

And that has always been the case. And it should be this way.

They could just go back progressively.

It is. But defensive and supportive tools should not be within gcd, or they should be locked by another gcd. I mean, I still can’t get used to the fact that my defensive cooldowns as a paladin are being gcd locked. WTF?

Tier sets ensured a change in gameplay. Sometimes, they were dull, sometimes useless, sometimes OP. In all honesty, I would not care if they brought them back, but if it’s not for this sole sake only.

And I disagree here. Besides a couple of trait per spec, there was no change in gameplay. And I hated having a set for every single spec.

Yeah, because Blizzard fixed rather than adding in 8.1

Well, I do. 8.2 was the first time I was thinking that “I don’t like this content, but in order to be an effective raider, then I MUST complete said content”. In both 8’2 and 8.3 patches, I spent 2 hours a day farming boring content so that I can get mandatory power for raiding. If that’s not thinking by myself, about things I dislike about bfa, then… Well…

1 Like

Most of the time they were useless.

Its an mmo, wow should never cater to raidloggers.

1 Like

Well it comes from someone that has ~50 characters that include all classes and most mage towers, the gcd change was bad.

And this comes from someone who had 9 cutting edges and did ALL mage towers, not most, ALL of them.

GCD change was good.

Wasn’t the legendary ring questline heavily timegated? Or any quest hub where you needed rep to progress and you were getting rep from daily quests?

Not true, since tiersets/legendaries/even certain trinkets always did exactly the same.

Get your facts straight before making yet another “old wow good new wow bad” thread.

I’m pressin X

No but being a raid logger should be allowed without hindering non raiders. This is what I’m advocatin for.

Oof. I can’t disagree more.
To me Legion was the best expansion we’ve had so far.

But you know… You do you.
Wishing it didn’t happen, doesn’t really help though, tbh.

1 Like

I quite liked wod myself. Loved making my garisson on all my alts and the quest zones. I hate that in Shadowlands you have to choose between either skipping the story or doing the same zones in the same order 10 times.

In Legion I liked exploring the story on each class.

2 Likes