The horror of Undeath (Spoilers)

*Continues eating popcorn*
07/11/2018 15:09Posted by Halasibel
This is why the goal of humanity should be a total unification of all the cultures ;) So we all have ONE set of values upheld. Equal rights, animal rights and so on.
Go globalization, go!

I would wish for something like that. Like the star trek Federation. Dont know if you watched Voyager but there was an episode that really strucked me. Two crewmember are molded into one new being with an own mind. Everyone becomes friend with him, while morning for the lost of the two crewmans. At the end there is a cure and the molded version begs for his life aksing "Am I not a living sentient being? Dont I have the same rights? How can you kill me to save the two lost?"
The captain decides for the "cure" but you can see the morale dilemma in the last scene on her face. That really struck me.
Maybe watchign to much Star trek and morality subject made me how I am now. Overthinking everything with morale

Edit:...
07/11/2018 15:14Posted by Theronarum
but actively participating in social life, and being in the social world.

Well, tehre goes my chance of becoming a right person. Social life.
But wouldnt Aristoteles be a hypocrite? He was himself leaning back with a glass of wine and thinking about those concepts?

07/11/2018 15:14Posted by Theronarum
But unto more important matters, I'm still waiting for your reply on my points.

What question oO *rereads the answers*
But wouldnt Aristoteles be a hypocrite? He was himself leaning back with a glass of wine and thinking about those concepts?

He was rather rich, so had the time to wander around Athens and talk to other renowned Athenians. Platon and Socrates did the same thing, it was very uncommon of a wealthy Athenian to sit at home all day.
Posted by Theronarum
So, what I am asking of you is to tell us WHY we cannot accept a universal theory of morality, and more arguments than your previous one.

We dont even have a universal morality in a country or our world. How could we manage a universal theory of morality? The moment someone from another continent comes into play, we again have different values of morality

Do you mean this?
07/11/2018 15:17Posted by Elyssarain
*Continues eating popcorn*

Got some space next to you?
07/11/2018 15:23Posted by Xiaopaw
Posted by Theronarum
So, what I am asking of you is to tell us WHY we cannot accept a universal theory of morality, and more arguments than your previous one.

Do you mean this?

Sure, but there are still arguments I'm missing.

WHY is it impossible for a universal moral theory to exist (assuming that that would be the opposite of relativism) if people don't agree on the same thing? Platon stumbled upon the same problem, and he solved it by saying that people were inclined to live a dumb life.
07/11/2018 15:26Posted by Theronarum
WHY is it impossible for a universal moral theory to exist (assuming that that would be the opposite of relativism) if people don't agree on the same thing? Platon stumbled upon the same problem, and he solved it by saying that people were inclined to live a dumb life.

By Greymane, what have I unleashed upon this thread!
So this is somehow news? Or did those 50 quests starting from lvl 1 not exist before?

Guess it has to be a cut scene for plebs to find out stuff about lore, God forbid you read 10 line of text and not just click "accept" on a quest.

This is well known fact, when you are granted gift of undeath, it is painful experience... it is different kind of existence. You are brought back from the very moment you died. So... yes, if you died drowning, burning, being chopped into pieces... it is not gonna be a nice experience, your mind gets overwhelmed.

Regarding the plan to kill Proudmores, this was also well known from start of Horde campaign in BfA. Plan is flawless, ruthless and imaginative. Why throw troops at the enemy when you can defeat them with their own vanity and pride?

Also, Syls mind control is like a trademark of her abilities... she does that from WC3 to HotS.

Power to the Forsaken.
07/11/2018 15:28Posted by Araphant

By Greymane, what have I unleashed upon this thread!

Watch now, Araphant, as this thread comes to its GLOoOoORRRIOUS conclusiooonnn....
Platon stumbled upon the same problem, and he solved it by saying that people were inclined to live a dumb life.

Well that is a easy way to put a problem down.

WHY is it impossible for a universal moral theory to exist (assuming that that would be the opposite of relativism) if people don't agree on the same thing?

How can it be universal if there are voices that dont think its universal?
I cant think of a single ideal or morale point, that on our world is accepted by everyone. There will be always different opinion in morale. So its hard to believe for me.

I remember having a discussion with my best friends. He believes that one day whole humanity will live in absolute peace. Something I cant imagine, so we discuss and discuss. But I cant simply imagine the human race to coexist on common principles. I wish they would, but I cant imagine it becoming real
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvaUwDmrrig

After watching this video, all I desire now is to watch Orgrimmar burn as the legendary Kul Tiran Fleet kills every last fighter in that ugly "city". We have been to lenient with the primitive Horde; And because of that, Derek Proudmoore suffered. He shall be avenged. Let's show them what Kul Tirans are made of!
07/11/2018 15:36Posted by Arctur
Let's show them what Kul Tirans are made of!

And he went back to Kul Tiras. Called it!
07/11/2018 15:24Posted by Frozenshadow
Got some space next to you?
*Pats the ground next to her and offers up a bag of popcorn*

Always space for a velf!
Well that is a easy way to put a problem down.

I have this gut feeling that you'll agree with him once I tell you what his arguments are. But this is not the place for that.

How can in be universal if there are voices that dont think its universal?
I cant think of a single ideal or morale point, that on our world is accepted by everyone. There will be always different opinion in morale. So its hard to believe for me.

People are not always the smartest. But people not agreeing on the same thing is not really a concern for philosophers. On the other hand, a philosopher like Kant would say that everyone (except Africans I think, he lived in the 18th century) had the gift of reason (VernĂźnft) and by employing only that, all reasonable people on earth would come to the same conclusion if we ask them if something is good/evil in a specific situation.

I am not saying that moral relativism is impossible, but it's not true because people don't agree on the same thing.

EDIT

After watching this video, all I desire now is to watch Orgrimmar burn as the legendary Kul Tiran Fleet kills every last fighter in that ugly "city". We have been to lenient with the primitive Horde; And because of that, Derek Proudmoore suffered. He shall be avenged. Let's show them what Kul Tirans are made of!

yes, pretty much. Damn it Blizzard, what game are you playing.

EDIT II

Oh God, Baine's "this is wrong, there is no honour in this"... is this how you'd react after hearing someone screaming for their family? Unbelievable.

Good hauntigly scene till the cow started his monologue again <.<
Sincerely all this Derek situation makes me sad. poor guy.

Come now, admit it... you wanted that always, this video changes nothing... fall into the arms of racist genocidal madness you humans are made of. It will feel great ;-)
07/11/2018 15:40Posted by Theronarum
had the gift of reason (VernĂźnft) and by employing only that, all reasonable people on earth would come to the same conclusion if we ask them if something is good/evil in a specific situation.

How do we classify who is VernĂźftig (reasonable) and who is not? Who is the judge that can classify it and why?

Maybe I need to join a philosophical debate club, because I cant stop questioning

07/11/2018 15:40Posted by Theronarum
yes, pretty much. Damn it Blizzard, what game are you playing.

Apperently they are starting with the really nasty psycho stuff. they could have just cut off Baine in that scene... he was the pointless Mr. Obvious duh
This truly is wrong. A dishonorable crime against a man, and nature itself. And the irony is that this tragedy was allowed to happen in the base of operations of the Honorbound.

The Horde is just a walking contradiction at this point. Let's put it down once and for all.
Is this thread about how evil Sylvanas is or about the nature of undeath?