The horror of Undeath (Spoilers)

07/11/2018 15:45Posted by Arctur
This truly is wrong. A dishonorable crime against a man, and nature itself. And the irony is that this tragedy was allowed to happen in the base of operations of the Honorbound.

The Horde is just a walking contradiction at this point. Let's put it down once and for all.

Arctur... without the horde you wouldnt know what to do...

We are the Illidans to your Maiev <3

07/11/2018 15:47Posted by Taxania
Is this thread about how evil Sylvanas is or about the nature of undeath?

Spiraling to "what is existence" soon TM
#freewill

Yeah, I mean, this is all well and good... just... when do we get to Raid Sylvanas? I really can't wait for patch 8.3, so can we skip that and raid her right now?
07/11/2018 15:40Posted by Elyssarain
*Pats the ground next to her and offers up a bag of popcorn*

Always space for a velf!

You are too kind.

*sits next to Elyssarain and starts munching popcorn*
07/11/2018 15:47Posted by Taxania
Is this thread about how evil Sylvanas is or about the nature of undeath?

Abot how evil Undeath is and how miserable Derek has become due to the actions of the "Honorable" Horde.

This needs attention. Derek is not subhuman garbage (so he isn't used to being a punching bag/laughing stock), he demands your empathy.
VernĂźftig (reasonable)

Ah, I forgot that it's Vernunft and not VernĂźnft, no umlaut.

How do we classify who is VernĂźftig (reasonable) and who is not? Who is the judge that can classify it and why?

EVERYONE who is human has reason, but he lived in the 18th century so slaves were excluded, but that's not the key point in his theory. It all stands or falls with people having Reason as he describes it,

Maybe I need to join a philosophical debate club, because I cant stop questioning

I'd love to elaborate further, but not here and not now. Feel free to add me on WoW with the btag thing, I don't know what it's called.
07/11/2018 15:53Posted by Arctur
Derek is not subhuman garbage (so he isn't used to being a punching bag/laughing stock), he demands your empathy.

My human overlord is so merciful and kind <3
Abot how evil Undeath is, and how miserable Derek has become due to the actions of the "Honorable" Horde.

The dark nature of undeath can be overcome by the actions of free-willed undead and the Horde currently isn't honourable beneath Sylvanas.
07/11/2018 16:01Posted by Taxania
free-willed undead

I didn't know those existed. Is this true?
Derek was not freaking out because he was an undead, but because of what he witnessed in the afterlife..as in, darkness and nothingness. It is clear when he begs to not be left alone, to have someone beside him, help adjust.
He is now suddenly pulled out that darkness and torment via undeath and freaks out because he has no idea what is going on, has no sense of time or awareness.

For all it's worth, it's better to be an undead and find a place in the world of the living than be dead and eternally tormented. Even Sylvanas is aware of that, and even the more intelligent scourge, such as Death knights. Very few devoted individuals are with Light in death, for most, the Other Side is an eternal darkness, filled with things that want to devour your soul.
07/11/2018 16:04Posted by Anthropea
I didn't know those existed. Is this true?

You don't pay attention to the lore then.
God, Baine is just... weak.

"This is bad, this is so bad, we shouldn't do it, it offends me to my core, this is bad, very bad, the people who do this are bad people, somebody shoud do something about them...Isn't someone here who could object? Anywhere?"

... yeah, right.
The mental acrobatics in this thread are astounding.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvaUwDmrrig

eeeeeeeeew why is it happening on Zandalar territory, Sylvanas is violating Zuldazar. Talanji plz ban it asap.

Zandalar and Talanji are the only thing left that can invoke any sense of pride, and Sylvanas crap on that as well, she is tainting everything she touch. yuck.

I won't bath in that chamber ever again.
07/11/2018 16:42Posted by Zakkaru

Oh look, is this in the best interests of the Horde?
07/11/2018 16:42Posted by Zakkaru

Ah yes, I remember every Forsaken character ever being subjected to this specific ritual stripping them of free will.
So we got a video of Sylvanas being Sylvanas, shocking. I would like the draw attention to Baine -

Again he complains about this going too far and yet remains completely passive. Also was resurrecting Derek really where Baine decides to draw the line?

So Teldrasil, the blight, seemingly abandonning Saurfang, the Horde War Campaign which involved resurrecting two Kul Tirans Humans were all fine but when it came to resurrecting 1 single human this is where it hurts?

To be clear, I am not condoning Sylvanas' action. Rather I am merely calling out Baine for being a huge hypocrite.

Cairne, for example lived by the same values than Baine, and he took action against Garrosh for less. This is someone I can respect.

Baine on the other hand cowers down and plots. That is in no way honourable, that by his own standards. It shows pure weakness.

If ever there is a similar scenario than War Crimes post BFA with Sylvanas, then Baine too should be held accountable.
Hmm 4/10.

4 moral grey burning teldrassils.
Ye I hope also finally gets his spine back and stands up for what it right instead of complaining constantly.
07/11/2018 16:55Posted by Shagosienne
Baine on the other hand cowers down and plots. That is in no way honourable, that by his own standards. It shows pure weakness.

He wouldn't even have had to raise arms against Sylvanas. He could just have killed Derek without leave, and let Sylvanas decide, if she was going to fight the Tauren over that. Drawing a clear line.
07/11/2018 17:06Posted by Frozenshadow
Ye I hope also finally gets his spine back and stands up for what it right instead of complaining constantly.

Let's hope so...