The hypocrisy of 8.3

So I have been running around ptr like a headless chicken and I have few complaints about the theme of this so caller family friendly, no HD :bikini:, game for 12+ y.o.

How the bloody hell does this game devs find themes of insanity, fear of sudden death, mental degradation perfectly fine to explore and dive deep, but when it comes to simple night elf buttcheek it should be covered over by anything just to “save the kids”.

I am not happy about how the plot thickens into some Lovecraftian fans wet dream.
Just my opinion :exploding_head:

34 Likes

this game is 21+ at all times, except when we want certain mogs in game, then its 12+ :))))

16 Likes

I wish we had more revealing mogs in HD, too.

21 Likes

Well in that case… nothing personal, but I hope you’ll never be happy. :wink:
/a Lovecraft-maniac

4 Likes

You support a just cause Podruge, you have my respect.

8 Likes

I’m more baffled at how no males have bulges. Like at all. How do these races reproduce?

12 Likes

Source.

Source.

Have you played any of the old god stuff in WoW. Nothing new.

That’s wasn’t an opinion, just stuff stated as ‘fact’.

Humans have them a lot, not sure about blood elves however… might explain why voidies joined alliance :))

1 Like

I don’t know whose, I’ve looked at humans and there’s nothing there.

You’d expect Tauren to be “packed like a bull” and orcs to be “savage” but all races are just like they came out of the chopping house.

Why do you think slyv is so peed off all the time? :smiley:

1 Like

I’m not saying that I want nudity in the game at all.
But we do live in a society where the horrible crimes of torture and murder are subjects that we all learn at school at a young age.
But a little bit of showing natural human sexuality is forbidden unless you are an adult.

It kinda reminds me of the south park movie

Sheila Broflovski : Men, when you’re out there in the battlefield and you’re looking into the beady eyes of a Canadian as he charges you with his hockey stick or whatever he has and people are dying all around you, just remember what the MPAA says: “Horrific, deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don’t say any naughty words!” That is what this war is all about!

16 Likes

I don’t understand why we can’t have choice. I would love updated versions of the armorkini sets we’ve had. There is that iconic NE set that has been part of the fantasy in game forever.

I get that some people are prudes and can cover up their characters but that is their choice. We have enough NPCs in the game that also wear small armor sets. However no updated versions are open to players.

I don’t get that violence is fine but item sets that are no more revealing than a bikini are somehow going to be ignored by Blizzard as much as possible. Despite giving us the transmog options to hide everything but pants.

18 Likes

While I support your cause, you crossed the line right there

6 Likes

Exactly this. We have movies showing off chopped body parts flying all across the screen but god forbid there’s sex involved.

All those “good Christian values” pouring into tv and film.

6 Likes

It’s not only the case for WoW, but for most of the games nowadays sadly. BEHEAD PEOPLE, RIP THEIR GUTS ALL YOU WANT, HAHAHAH. Wait, what is that… A bra ? NOOOOOO MY EYES.

Basically how they think we would react I guess.

10 Likes

With (British, from my schooling) history littered with invading forces ‘raping & pillaging’ - amongst other things - left, right & centre, none of it is gone into in any detail as to what any nefarious activity is. We even have detailing of beheading (various royal figures), burning at the stake (Joan of Arc), etc but childbirth is glossed over & taken as matter of fact…

The PEGI rating of WoW must have been arrived at/determined by factors that are purely mandatory… it would certainly make sense that a defeated enemy not being disembodied or resting in a pool of bodily fluid - or a skinned beast reverting to a pile of meat, bones & viscera - would be among said criteria. Another factor would be the minimum level of undress that characters are allowed to assume/adopt. Once any inkling of generally accepted, adult nudity is involved, we hit 18/rated R levels.

Now; as far as mental health/stability goes, there is no way to predict what levels societal acceptance any health issues are likely to achieve, but if Shadow Priests were conceived as practitioners of mental instability - let alone any other Class that can induce instant uncontrollable Fear - from the start of their inception, then the legacy for including factors like insanity (Old Gods) were doomed from the start.

At some point, players should (re-)evaluate what scope they want from a game’s features & either accept that what they want isn’t going to be possible within universally accepted boundaries or they need to call time on/rein in their expectations to the same ‘universally accepted boundaries’.

1 Like

We just dryhump enthusiastically and hope something happens

2 Likes

Through an investigation, it was discovered that the ESRB, which rates games, doesn’t actually play the game, but is given a demo video from the developers which a handful of censors looks through, then base their ratings on that video.
Meaning that developers can cut out entire sections if they don’t want it to tarnish the age rating.

6 Likes

Welcome to the morals of the US of A. You can show Predator on normal television at 10 o’clock in the morning but cannot show a butt crack and 10 in the evening.

11 Likes

It’s the murrican way.
Just like letting kids see people being shot is fine, but a boob? OHNOES! :scream_cat:

9 Likes