The logic behind prot?

you guys, stop the catfight :sweat_smile:
prot spec on warriors is a total garbage and needs some serious rework.
end of the story.

3 Likes

I agree with you and her emotional response is the same kind of emotional response that makes the devs go “Prot Warrior is fine!”

This attitude needs to be exposed for what it is as it clearly holds back development and prevents a rational view from being taken and instead leaves in place an extremely biased one.

3 Likes

tbf all it needs is an aoe threat/aoe damage buff. Thats literally the only thing I struggle with. Compared to a paladin tank I take a lot less damage and overheal him by a mile. But his aoe and damage is just crazy.

1 Like

you outheal a prot pally? are u sure you’re in a right expansion buddy?
hahah i didnt had this much laugh for a while now, thank you.

2 Likes

I have logs :stuck_out_tongue:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vqyjNAhC3k6JnMwz/#fight=26&type=healing

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZHRpkA6XC93yFmYB/#fight=19&type=healing

Ofc lately its been a bit harder but I am very close :slight_smile:

I got m+ logs too but I dont want to put one mill logs up just to show.

I guess he started to use his heals more compared to the first weeks when the raid came out. Idk.

2 Likes

Then the issue is with that player instead of you being awesome :frowning:

How bad someone is never shows how awesome you are. It just shows you that you’re less bad than them. If someone is doing awesome and if you’re doing better then it shows that you’re awesome.

Your subjective reality in no way pares up with the objective reality. So if you’re out healing them one of three things happen.

1. The player is enormously bad.
  2. They take significantly less damage than you.
  3. Someone else is healing them so they have no need of healing themselves. Their healing is active and needs the press of a button. The healing from Indomitable is passive and happens automatically and will thus show up on the meters regardless of someone healing you.

While this is raining on your parade and your subjective reality is correct for you. What you experience is absolutely correct, for you. It in no way aligns with objective reality and as such there has to be another reason.

Check the damage taken and the healers healing focus. They are literally all there :stuck_out_tongue: But yes he can heal more and you can see that through parses and ilvl %. But if you look at all the fights, you see I am basically close, take less or same damage and require less healing than the paladin tank. The only boss we basically take same damage from is lady. Otherwise I take less (sometimes even less damage than the dps in some fights %) ).

BUT he does a ton more damage than I can put up.

But I have healed dungeons and seen how other warrior tanks tank. They just dont know what they are doing active mitigation wise. It seems like they save it til they are basically dead or a rainy day.

Whats sad is that paladins dont seem the need to understand trash and what to interrupt as they can lock them down. And his damage output is crazy as a tank. So he literally just ignores all trash even on fortified week which is a bit stupid. Because if I play wrong I will get severely more punished vs a paladin that can constantly interrupt or the wrong target goes down first.

So ye as I expected in BFA. Paladin would be carry tanks this expansions for 2 reasons. Constant interrupts/lock down where you can just solo interrupt 2 targets, and damage output. Thats what saves him in the logs at least running m+ :stuck_out_tongue:

Have you looked at the other performance indicators than the raw numbers?

On the HD you have a 90% parse and the paladin have a 49% parse Your performance is 51 points apart and they still do nearly as well as you do.

The Warrior class as tank is bad. Never take your own performance as the average. You busted your a** off and did nearly as well as someone who by all accounts was phoning it in.

I didnt bust my behind XD I played as if I would do in BFA when I tanked m+, I never tanked raid as a war before this expansion though. I do agree and saw his healing was super low first week but he has done a lot better lately. This latest week he parsed at least around 80-90 on most bosses where I did 80-95.

Then you can go look at damage taken (ofc remove self and external absorbs to get the actual damage taken as it otherwise count with everything you mitigated and absorbed) other than lady I took a lot less damage than him, some bosses I was even taking less damage than the dps and he still mitigated more than I did. Example is hungering destroyer. His parse there is lower yes, we did same amount of healing, but I still took a lot less damage than him, required less healing and I didnt work my bottom off.

If it was a boss I worked my behind off it was lady because she hits like a train. The other bosses hits like a joke.

But again, the logs are compared to other logs. And looking at my hps, damage intake and I can see most bosses I aint even top 5 of the healing list I am happy with warriors as tanks with the exception of 1 thing, threat and aoe damage.

1 Like

The reality of proto-war is that: you’re all wet, heal is wet. And the result is so-so. If the protection warrior still somehow lives in the raids, then the mythic+ this is a complete mess. I’ve been playing for proto-war since 2011 and it’s never been a hole like this time !!!

Just the fact that you get declined for content as a tank should sound the alarm at Blizz. People (DPS) sit in ques w8ing for tanks, but provided the option of getting a Prot Warrior or w8, alot of people decline you and keep on w8ing. Or in the cases u do get in, there can be start by the grp saying “ok, i dont know lets give it a try i guess”… Good Pep talk. I just feel sad about this situation. I am not the best tank out there, but I love it and I love Warrior, i dont want to go DH. But as of now, and for the last 2 weeks, my prot warrior sits on the bench and i play a MM hunter. SAD!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.