The most succesful jokes in WoW?

If you were to think of player made or Blizzard made jokes that became recurring or really popular which of them come to your mind?

In terms of Blizzard made jokes I think the ones that come to mind to me are:

• The toilet jokes (starting from that Dwarf locked in the outhouse who needs some silk cloth.

• The much more recent quotes from the Nightborne guards who try to find distinguished players “Something is not quite right” and " An illusion! What are you hiding?"

In terms of played made jokes, I think that Leroy Jenkins is still the most well known one.

What others come to mind?

BFA expansion…

13 Likes

Thrall’s balls! They’re everywhere…

5 Likes

If you think BFA was bad, you clearly never played WoD haha

1 Like

I don’t know if this one is widely popular or not, but back in WotLK many friends had this scenario where someone asked:

”Are you a KS?”

And replied:
”No I like girls.”

Calia, I think that BFA counts as an insult instead of a joke. Jokes are supposed to make most people laugh or smile

4 Likes

But it did make some people laugh or/and smile.

In a way.

That which you describe is more of a self defense mechanism for coping with a tragedy without breaking down :smiley:

I would say shadow. But you said successful. So hmm…

1 Like

As much as I agree that BfA was a total joke, it was a very unsuccessful one…

5 Likes

Mechagnomes

Nightborne jokes.

3 Likes

I use to make a similar one back when people used to say in general trade chat “LF BS” (blacksmith)

1 Like

That reminds me of when people say “brb WC” I tend to make associations between toilets and the Wailing Caverns.
In my mind I am imaging the wailing coming from a severely constipated boss inside the cavern.

1 Like

This PvP season is a good one!

2 Likes

the world first race, MDI and arena championships are a pretty good joke

Bring a player, not a class. Then enter the DH.

Not giving Death Knight unique emotes (looking at you Demon Hunters).

Weekly M+ chest is good joke too.

1 Like

Cute Vulpera race :3

How is classic esports doing?

2 Likes