The Mountainfist Brothers

You sit in Bruuk’s Corner enjoying a break from whatever you do all day, when two individuals catch your attention. One is an old, very old Dwarf with a huge silver beard reaching to his knees. He is the rather talkative guy, not catching a breath in between sentences. The other one seems to be a Human, as per his stature. However, you cannot see his face as it is hidden in the shadows of his hood. He is calm, whispering. You notice a strange aura is upon him.
You can’t but capture the following conversation…or rather monologue:

"…The Mountainfist brothers? A bunch of rascals, thats what them are. Why, ye ask? I tell ye why…errr…where do I start? See, ol’ Pops Grimoe Mountainfist was a gifted blacksmith, works in the Kings name, ye know? A good hearted fellow lookin’ to pass on his talent and knowledge to his first-born…create a legacy, ye know?

Then guess what happens? That snotty brat grows a beard and refuses to learn his fathers craft to follow in his footsteps. Instead walks off to them tree-huggers with the pointy ears in Kalimdor…to find “The Light”…could have just used a flintstone, if ye ask me. It’s said he fancies Elven ladies, ye know. Goes by the name [Dworlin]. Is himself quite ol’ these days. Has not been seen in the Kingdom for years. Can ye believe it? He is a tailor now…a TAILOR! What sane Dwarf prefers a needle and a thread over a forging hammer?

Took ol’ Grimoe some time to send another Dwarfling to this world. [Morlin], the most useless fella I’ve ever seen. Not addin’ to much hop to the ale here, ye know what I mean aye?! Boozed up every early morning…and I’m not talkin’ about standard Dwarf-drunken…he’s swiggin’ so much, he’s wettin’ his pants almost every day. Thinks he’s the greatest Paladin ever lived, that his destiny is to safeguard Azeroth from the great evil that’s comin’. I’ll tell ye, he is not able to save himself from a one-legged Trogg with no arms. Sold all his armor and weapons to buy booz, now runnin’ around with a club instead of his war hammer, what a mope!

Back then, Grimoe was so disappointed by [Dworlin]‘s decision, quickly after [Morlin] was born, another Mountainfist saw the light of Dun Morogh. Name’s [Dworri], a bald guy with a red beard. Not sure where he’s got that from, since all of ‘em are black haired or rather grey now. Maybe Grimoe thought his ol’ lady is cursed, ye know? So he tried somethin’ else…ye know what I mean eh? Anyho’, this [Dworri] mongrel, some say he is nuts…in the head, is so full of rage he killed a fellow Dwarf on the battlefield. Says it was accidental, ‘cause he do, eh, who wouldn’t? But had to serve time. Became quite a crafty blacksmith behind bars, but his ol’ man already left the mortal realm when he got out. Poor Grimoe died believing he was the last of the famous Mountainfist blacksmiths.

Ohhh and then there is the unplanned pregnancy…the youngest of 'em bunch…by far the worst, I mean it…ye know? Morri Mountainfist, they call 'em [Blackfeet]. Can only guess it’s 'cause everywhere he treads he causes havoc and ruin for everyone around ‘em. Thats’ a real dark character, let me tell ye. Not only a malicious little thief, he’s a real killer. He would kill his own mother for the right amount of gold…he wait, now that ye say it, maybe he did? Never heard of Lady Mountainfist’s fate actually…
Word is [Blackfeet] roams the lands of the humans nowadays. He’s expelled from Ironforge by the king for his various crimes, so if ye see 'em here, call the guards. This plague should be sent to the gallows right away!

They all went them miserable paths, ye know. All of 'em were a big letdown for Grimoe. Very different characters them are, ye could not tell them are brothers. But all of 'em, ye know, have them big, huge hands…like Ogre paws…Really made for holding a forging hammer!"

The strange listener thanks the dwarf for his information and buys him another round of ale as promised. As he leaves the tavern you take another glance at him and you have the feeling that he is not a human being. But what do you care? You get back to your well deserved break from what ever you do all day.

Does anyone understand what this small one is saying? Such an unusual tounge for such an unusual beast…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.