The new mana nerfs are a good step but

So lets nerf healer because double caster/hybrids are too tanky? ok

This whole trainwreck started when they overbuffed druids recently - therefore they became the meta and everyone played it on tourney and resulted in 60-70% dampening and boring af games. Instead of reverting some of those druid buffs they do this mananerf which imo wouldnt have been necessary if they scaled druids back a bit as most people are perfectly abpe to get kills using triple maledict even before dampening.

Tourney games will ofcourse go to dampening but that is down to the skill level of those players surviving so long

*Healed too much.

Not to tanky. Subtle difference.

They have to spend all mana in a short period of time because the damage is really crazy atm. a ducking rogue can kill you in 5 sec with a fire mage every 20-30 sec. It is tense ,sure they will spam heals for that.

These changes are terrible. Only DPS and a Holy paladin will disagree.

6 Likes

Now others need their utility back to fight this.

1 Like

I did some pvp this morning to judge the nerf for myself. One word: wow!

I am pressing buttons, and like nothings happening, I double check, ‘am I silenced, or otherwise, Cc’d??’ No, just mf’ing OOM.

Is it, good or bad?? I don’t know, but the overriding thought in my head is not, will I get trained, can I keep my mates up, but, instead when can I sneak a drink.

2 Likes

That’s the mage only, without a rogue

That is a lie.

You heal the EXACT amount before the nerfs.

You only not do it as long as before.

The enemies also have this Problem that now Mana for Healers is once more a Resource.

The time is the problem though, lets say a warrior stops me on my tracks in a BG, on my way to a flag, I will be dead in 20 seconds. It’s hard enough for a priest (with 0 mobility, and no CC against a warrior - dont even mention MC, if anything that just delays the inevitable). What is there to do? at least before I could kite until i get to a flag, now I will literally be OOM before I can even move 10 yards.

Again, great news for all the DPS, enjoy enjoy! but all the healers, TERRIBLE and i mean utterly awful, gaming experiences. It’s not like I have 2x rolls and a teleport to escape? Disc was hit the hardest because of this and it really shows. to compensate for this - short battle - pvp Blizzard loves so much, Priests NEED to have ways to escape the fight quickly, like every other class.

2 Likes

I never understood why this is a thing. Design-wise it seems…odd.

If it were up to me, then whenever you joined an Arena you should be locked in combat from start to finish.

I mean, it’s an Arena. You don’t see a boxer in the middle of a fight run away from his opponent - to the other side of the ring - just to grab a bite to eat!

Likewise with running away to get out of combat so you can mount up again. It’s just silly.
Or getting out of combat to resurrect people.

It’s gladitorial combat, and you should be in combat all the time. Mounts, drinks, potions, bandages, and so on, that stuff belongs in Battlegrounds.

But that’s just me. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Because it adds another layer of play and choices.

To play defensively to Drink or the other team that then needs to either stop them or pressure so the other healer cant drink.

If a Team wins because their healer could and did drink while the other either didnt or couldn’t they deserve to lose. The Team with the drinking healer put more effort into it and should be rewarded for it.

Also the other way around. That for a Drink i cant play as offensively as i like. The other Team also gets a chance to catch up and stabilize. Gets their Damage or defensives CDs back.

All that comes together with such simple choices.

Without drinking i would Guess DH would become brokenly OP. You would only need to Manarift until enemy Healer is OOM and then go for the kill.

You would play so defensively that you take as least damage as possible and would just win.

1 Like

I agree with Jito.

So, let me see…all healers have two great tools in their bag of tricks:

1. Fake casting - seriously, like if some one actually gets juked, there should be like a 10 sec disarm/silence or something.

And, now, 2. how well can you disengage to drink??

I get it, many people don’t like long games. And, I admit, as someone who likes to watch arena, all games going into deep dampening isn’t terribly exciting.

It is, however, to be expected, if teams are relatively balanced, skill wise, and classes balanced ability wise.

While, I am not a fan of MoP type Cc, where every class had 2+ of every type, I thought Cc style gameplay rewarded coordinated, setup based teamplay.

But, since Legion it was mongo, pve rotation based. Assuming some balancing, the consequence is expected – long games.

As is typical blizzard, they sometimes make sweeping changes that no one wants, with what appears to be no testing.

According to Bellular, there’s more and more corporate thinking involved in every part of Blizzard these days, and they’ve started to ignore criticism more and more as well. Even from employees themselves, not just from the customers. So they’re stuck thinking “we know best” which honestly most people should’ve noticed by now anyways.

Not just that, but they’ve said in press conferences that their devs cares more about mobile gaming these days and that it inspired the move to start up a whole new department of their “best developers” now developing mobile games for all of their intellectual properties.

No wonder you agree with Jito…your suggestion is on the same level as his are…

I don’t get why so many people are complaining about these changes. I absolutly love them.
Having games start at 50% dampening is just ridiculous.
Still, playing a Disc feels super weak, would like slight buffs there. Also would love to see more diversity in the class design. It pretty much feels like a cleave fest right now, transfering from BFA S1 Meelecraft to S2 Castercraft with a Lock and Mage camping in the Wizard Corner spamming their spell schools.
Give rogues back their sub spec, give hunters back their mm spec, scale classes with multiple dps specs, so we get some different playstyles.
Not a lot of diversity on the ladder. Gets quite monotone.

I feel like disc went oom in a good amount of time pre-nerfs. Obviously something had to be done as some classes could go 10 mins without going below 75% mana.
This nerf seems to have gone too far though. If healers are going to have manage their resources this much then so should dps.

3 Likes

Did someone try 2v2? It’s a s**t show, after 2-3 min in arenas it’s realy which burst is strongest and most imprtent who have a druid.

In 2v2 it’s whoever has a druid wins. Shadowmeld prowl drink gg

this is one of those situation when you kinda forgot to assume one factor therefore whole your conclusion is completely stupid

this time you forgot that by healing you get oom too, so if you want to win, not only you need enemy healer to oom, but at the same time you need to not oom yourself