The Next Faction Conflict?

Hey guys, as disengaging and uninteresting as Shadowlands lore is proving, how about discussing the potential of what could be?

What do you think will be the cause that Alliance and Horde fight over next expansion, or do you believe the Horde and Alliance will try to overcome the cause together?

Edit: Or if you’re unsure or would rather, what cause would you like to see for the next expansion?

I put a little Strawpoll together of possible/likely Blizzard directions if you would like to vote there instead. https://www.strawpoll.me/45492060

Tyrande.

Sorry babe, it’s you or Sylvanas, and you don’t have a fancy expensive statue or a nendo.

7 Likes

custody over Sylvanas

except it’s actually a horde civil war because it’d be between the forsaken and the blood elves wanting respectively their banshee queen and their ranger general

the alliance picks whichever side blizzard wants to win

2 Likes

There’s lots of ways that could be sensible which means they are very unlikely to happen.

Could be Turalyon wanting to restore Lordaeron and facing resistance (PvE) from the Cockroach Crusade and Forsaken who don’t want to be ruled by a queen appointed by their enemies who shares none of their “lived” experience (they will be portrayed as evil and stupid for doing this).

Like clockwork we will overcome our differences when current expac evil boss baddie erupts from somewhere and goes raaaaaaaaargh !!! showing us once again that the heroes of azeroth must unite and stop angrily posting about ‘how faction leader beating faction leader is STUPID’.

3 Likes

goku would easily beat anduin tho

2 Likes

I hope there isn’t one.
Not a proper one anyway.
Little skirmishes between rival groups here and there, but large faction conflict and Blizzard don’t seem to mix.

5 Likes

You say that but they did a lot better while there was one than they are now

The one in Mists was better.
But the writers weren’t the same.
The current people stink!

2 Likes

Eh, that one was dragged down a bit by being centered around a meme race

Could you imagine making an entire expansion about gnomes and then asking people to take the plot seriously?

Trap activated.

1 Like

Okay Brenda.

Can they just do MoP 2.0? Throw in some new allied races, polish things up, and it’s better than what we’ve got now

Deep down you both know i’m right

OoOOOooo pandas that cant feel emotions because it’ll summon spooky blobs

And of course the other pandas that live on a large turtle

1 Like

You’re not right.
You have an opinion, that’s fair enough. It’s not a fact.

Next faction conflict will probably be related to some item found from the First Ones, or something relating to the Wound sealing.

3 Likes

Actually I think it’ll probably be Light V Void with the alliance siding with the Void cuz anduin used shadow magic once or twice and muh balance and all that

1 Like

Can we like not?

It’s undesirable, it’s usually the best route to kill any form of faction pride because how stupid these faction conflicts are elaborated and it disregards the entire knockback consequences they come with.

Let’s not open this Pandora’s box until at least 2 more expansions where there be substantial build up.

And in general I don’t trust the current story devs to write anything fulfilling and interesting beyond shocl value for shock values sake.

A buddy and I reckon the best possible reality has your character wake up from a Kungaloosh coma just after the Lich King’s defeat, then instead of Cataclysm we get a revamped world that advances the stories on from the Vanilla quests and patches that focus on zone-specific updates with the treasure finding/rare/mystery tech they’ve used in several of our false reality zones.

That’s the one I’m going with.

Honestly, at this point it’s stupid for them to even bother with the Alliance/Horde war idea. Why would they? They’ve joined forces to defeat the biggest bad the world has ever seen, the Burning Legion, not to mention they’ve JUST been manipulated into war by an agent of WoW Satan and that’s helped give power to an OLD GOD which they’ve just worked together to defeat.

Why would they? Just wipe the slate clean or double-down and give us a neutral faction to focus on the big bads on. I don’t want it, but I don’t see why the leaders of any of the races would go to war with the other after what they know and have seen.

6 Likes

Alliance fractures between those who hold more faith in one force and have some internal conflict for once.

Faction conflicts have been overdone and they’re no longer making sense. We’ve fought together more than one another.

Let them rest.

magister hathorel showed us that just getting your hands tied and being forced to co-operate from time to time doesn’t solve the issues of the past just like that :pensive:

conflict is inevitable so long as the alliance harbors the witch proudmoore quite simply

pick one

2 Likes