The only good thing in BfA... gone

I’ve been watching how, in alfa and beta, UH went from s…t to monster and back with the feet on the ground again, but I still don’t understand why they keep missing the point.

Magus of the Dead was the most necromantic thing the DK got in years and now it will die alone and unwanted as the Gargoyle in BfA.

currently the magus build with mastery is a monster in raids, specialy with mastery stacking even after the recent magus nerf

magus of the dead will be in in the army of the dead talent, is one of the strongest talents in SL

it will be the go to for raids, specialy because i think we will stack mastery/haste in SL

unholy will be more nerfed in beta, specialy if they still want to rebuff legendaries

unholy is not in danger, 2H frost is

Magus hits for 200 with shadow bolt. The ghouls deal almost that.
The magus from azerite deals ~900 while the talent one deals 200.
How is ~700 extra damage(x2 if army is also called) compared to ~1200 + 4 wounds + 20% haste?

Of course, Gargoyle is even worse.

currently or in SL

because currently army of the dammed is good in single target by reducing apoc and army CD (unless to fast fight), geting a second army now is much more value with new mastery

with 94% mastery, and me afk (no festermight, not haste buffs) my magus hits for 200 frost and shadowbolts, at 17% haste 2 frost 5 shadow, thats already 1.4dmg, while assault at 94% mastery hits for 881 shadow dmg.

haste has been devalued with DC procing RC 2/3 of the time (64%) it procs alot really, and my AA dmg is roghly 5% of my total dmg (need to check logs) with new mastery as pet % dmg skyrocket (ghoul now is beast in the meters). 12sec of haste on a 1min20sec CD isnt that much in pre-patch, single target.

in m+ assault gains value with the old wound build (again stacking mastery) because u can fester 1, fester 2 and assault 3rd target followed by DnD+scourge spam, in wich the 12sec haste helps fill in more aoe dmg on the 10sec DnD. cherry on top, epidemic now is affected by sudden doom AND has 48% chace of procing RC

in SL assault will be used at first, low haste, once we get more mastery/haste, pet builds will became better for single target.
while assault will be better for m+, same reasons as of now

dnd, epidemic, pet aoe in DT, unh blight and unh pact chains are uncapped in targets and scale with shadow dmg, even tho the 8 target cap of bursting sores is “uncapped” for the vast majority of the player base.

good that i dont have to collect 2 sets for raid and m+

Hope you are right, but I don’t see it with the secondary stat caps in SL.

unh and DKs in general have long % str buffs with short cds in fallen crusader and unh pack (dont know if the conduit increasing DT duration also increases pact duration), specialy pact that will still mostly align with unh blight CD (saddly without vision essence we wont stack the current trinity of pack, blight and apoc)

there are also some good legendaries that increse % dmg so secondaries stats increases wont be necessary.
maybe pvp trinkets that increase str/versatility will be more used as highly doubt they will get impacted and are a nice % dmg buff for 15/20sec

even so, the first cap is at 30% and think the next is near 40% and then 50% (sorta like that) so it will come a long time until we feel it.

edit: then again all above is just me speculating

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.