The quests are SO BORING in shadowlands!

Always the same in all expansions. Kill x mobs, find x things, help x do y by keep providing z during for a certain amount of time, clear area until 100% etc.

Its the same, always the same. I never played the beta so I’ve just started out in shadowlands but its all the same type of quests. So far I must say that at least the BFA quests had more flavor to them and was less repetitive. I have played 2 hours in Shadowlands and I am already SO BORED with these quests.

Cant you use your imagination at all and come up with some new exiting ways of doing quests?

15 Likes

Care to give a suggestion or two?

1 Like

You whine for the sake of whining without giving any idea how to fix your problem. Your post is worth as much as last year snow at this point.

1 Like

So if you buy a chair from IKEA that youre not happy with because your butt hurts when sitting on it (no pun intended), you’re also supposed to freely provide them with an alternate chairdesign thats better?

If you buy a hamburger from McDonalds and you think its cold. Do you walk up to the front desk and tell them that the hamburger is cold or do you also tell them how they can improve their hamburger heating system?

And I assume that in both these examples the consumer is “whining for the sake of whining”, right?

I could give you any amount of examples but I think you understand that its not the consumers job to tell companies how to fix problems.

13 Likes

It’s simple when i’m eating hamburger somwhere and i don’t like it i can say that it would be much better with more pickless and less tomatoe for example. If i buy chair in Ikea i know why it hurts my butt, its not enigma, its too thin or something and reasonable person knows exactly what is causing discomfort.

and your case is different as this game has the same quest design since 16 years yet you complain like it was implemented in Shadowlands, please enlighten us and tell what else could quests be if not go to talk/grab/use something?

it looks like complaining about cars riding on the road without any suggestion how to make them fly then

Exactly, it has had the same exact quest design for 16 years. What Im saying is that it STILL the same, that its getting really old and some new ideas might not hurt. It was the same in BFA too but at least they made it more interesting by adding some extra flavor.

Ideas on how to make it more interesting? Perhaps adding more choice, multiple ways of completing quests, more class specific quests etc. Instead of killing enemies and saving kittens in a certain area until you reach 100% you could also choose to sneak into their base and poison their watersupply and reach 100% right away if successful.

Instead of running around finding flowers you could also threaten nearby npcs to give you flowers straight away but they might also become aggressive and attack you, if you attack back you will aggro the guards.

Instead of killing 15 mobs you could also try to repair the NPCs flying machine in some kind of minigame fashion and then you could use the helicopter to fly around and kill the monsters much faster.

Make it possible to fish for certain quest items if you want to instead of just looting them from mobs.

For PvP fans like myself, add the option to kill and steal the enemy players quest items for certain quests if the enemy player is the same level as you or higher.

Introduce more world events and make the rewards actually mean something besides dropping items. Like if the alliance kills “the general”, all normal mobs in the whole zone would be weakened by 50% for 24 hours making questing much faster.

Im obviously not a quest designer so my ideas might all be pretty horrible but the general gist is to give to player more choice so that it feels less repetitive than to do the same thing only in different zones again and again and again. Some people might like the grind so that option is still available, others might want to try other ways of completing the quests. It should be down to personal choice.

9 Likes

These Blizzard bootlickers shouting at you… jeeeesus. You are absolutely right tho, quests are boring as hell but zones are aswell… BFA sucked d but at least trough leveling you could enjoy the zones and questing… but this? There’s maybe one zone that is somewhat interesting and “new” but all the others are just recycled old shiet… boring as fakk. And no you idiots it’s not his job to come up with ideas for the game but the developers’. Go and find an onlyfans for yourself if you can bootlick so obediently.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.