The quiet before the storm?

I was reading many threads about insane times for BG’s and raid. I noticed the same thing lately (late march). I spotted yesterday (i logged after my 1 week holiday for some minutes) ppl in ogrimmar (and SW) but idle (probably just waitin for m+ invitation) but it seems to me less crowded.
Also the forum threads are more “relaxed” with less thread interaction (i remember just 1 month ago a 1min,1min,1min on the right column) but not in US forums. same on reddit.
What dou you think? Ppl is waitin for8.2 and flyin with new zones? Or is just cyclical (yes always but this time seem longer).
Trelw? Are you noticing somethin?

Well I guess most people have done most things by now. We will see a slight surge once the new raid and quests gets released. It will then die down a bit again. I mean unless your pushing something: Arena, Mythic Raids or Mythic+.

There are very few hooks for the “average player” that ain’t much into collecting mounts etc. AP catch up ensures you will get the AP rather quickly once you return, all the gear catch ups means you will get geared adequatly to come back for a few weeks and do the new stuff etc.

If they slowed down the aquiring of gear, AP etc. some people might had sticked around to not end up behind. But as it looks atm. increasing the time spent on these tasks whould make people go into overdrive on how grindy it whould be. Even more so from the people who do grind out to have “the edge” in the “push content”.

1 Like

nothing interesting will come till 8.2 which is still months away for its this perfect time of expansion to either take a few months break or level up couple of alts. once 8.2 with new catch up gear lands in july / august you will see a lot of people returning to game

2 Likes

In my little world is “levelling”. But is not enough lately…

@Tèsla: At least I am noticing being mentioned… :D:D:D But, more seriously… I am working on some rather complicated calculations for another thread that might be of slight interest. If you are interested, post here and I will either edit in or separately post a link to that thread once my thoughts are in written form. Not feeling well today, so even simple things take more time than normally… sighs deeply and lumbers off to the other thread…

3 Likes

haven’t noticed any change in wait times since vanilla, but it does depend on the time of day you sign up.
Tanks and healers are pretty much instant, dps wait is longer.

Just cos folk are idle or marked as afk, doesn’t mean they aren’t queued.
don’t forget, most people who are levelling will be out and about in the world doing stuff whilst waiting for the q to pop. Even max level wont just sit around waiting, they’ll be farming herbs or doing wq or whatever.

ehehe just link the thread. dont want to duplicate your work while you are sick. :smiley:
Always remember the picture of the chinese with the violin!

1 Like

Slower and less. I used to have Russian, English and French on, since I speak these languages.
Now everything is ticked, but it barely matters.

Im 99% sure game lost A LOT of players, my friend list is mostly gray now, and part of online people dont even play wow.

1 Like

mine is always grey (my last friend left during legion).
The only queue that are very fast (not always) are the levelling ones. Probably all the max ppl is focusing on levelling toons.
I did the same in legion b4 the launch of the return to the broken shore. With core classes.

1 Like

I think a lot are making alts…

Being an altoholic I always have low lvl chars, and I am actually surprised to see a lot of players in the 40 - 60 zones, sometimes in such a way I have to wait for mobs to spawn (and that only happened last time I played)

this is true. With KT, HMT and Zandalar im levelling really fast cuz queue on prime time (til 2 weeks ago) were 1\2 mins. AS DPS. barely seen it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.