The REAL reason for /spit

Blizzard didn’t remove /spit to fight "toxicity, harrasmemt"™️ and all the bad words etc.

You are all blind.

They removed it because Asmongold started that /spit on the people who buy store mounts trend.

1. They hate Asmongold.
  2. They don’t want people who buy overpriced pixels from their subscription based in-game store to be harassed. (obviously)
23 Likes

Probably right. This is just the excuse they needed to remove it. Sad.

3 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:
But at the end someone got offended by it.

1 Like

I use /fart anyways.

3 Likes

That’s what I used /spit for the whole time, so they got me.

I prefer /moon

A better “real reason” is to throw a dead cat on the table to distract from everything else. Here are discussing (in about 15 threads) the removal of a distasteful emote from a game that 99.99% of players will never use.

Exactly.
Following this logic it’s easy to understand why:

• Bots are not banned.
    They pay multiple accounts.
  • Boosting is allowed.
    Because it requires massive amounts of gold that many people prefer to aquire using tolkens, purchased with RL money.

Every time something is removed or added, to the game, think first if its related with in-game purchases. :thinking:

Cheers.

10 Likes

Nice job sherlock. I hope you don’t work as detective as Asmongold was not the one causing this but Mcconnelret.

Huh, here was me thinking that their instance servers were getting clogged up with people spitting on Sylvanas post raid

Everyone talking about store mounts, but I personally used it primarily on poeple with 6-month sub wings

/e “insert whatever taunt you want”

Get a bit more creative and disgusting with your macros

1 Like

It’s all fun and games until Blizzard removes your macros and replaces your swords with oven mitts.

3 Likes

If you were dedicated, you could just work around it with a macro. /me spits on XXXXXXX

2 Likes

I’ve been using the fart emote along with the iron stomach toy (that does a gaseous effect) for a long time as a macro, to later discover other players couldn’t see the toy’s effect… :sob:

1 Like

It’s specifically for TBC though, which has grounds of the mount in question being all the more likely reason of its removal.

1 Like

The opposite faction can’t see that though, no?

Sorry but I don’t follow all those outrage WoW influencers.

I knew it started from Asmongold but, of course, I can be wrong.

Yeah. I’ve been muted for this. Damn gnomes reporting for harassing them.

From personal experience, Alliance players are way more easily offended than the Horde.

The Alliance has more SJWs for sure.

1 Like

Asmongold basically hates the mount store as he prefers that they would be a in game reward, like a Raid drop.

As we know mount stores are part of Blizzard profits.
That’s probably one of the reasons:

Cheers.

1 Like