The Shadowlands and how it's a punch to Night Elf fans

“TYRANDEEEEE! I NEED YOUUUUU!”

Jokes on that swivel eyed loon cuz I’m questing with my boy Kael in Revendreth.

Typical blood elf. I will, atypical for a paladin, go Kyrian.

Let’s… not do that?

Logically Tyrande would kill every horde player on sight

That alone will probably make me discard their entire Covenant…
Shame, it was the one i had planned for this char.
I won’t stomach being yet again the supporting shoulder for a teary chick that hates my guts.

I would probably spam screams about 'I’m a Loyalist you stupid feck!".

EDIT: Just as a note, i will enjoy it on my Night elf char. And its great they haven’t thrown her character under the bus. It’s only natural for her to have a role there, and I strongly suspect Elune will too.
But yeah, keep that experience away from the Horde side.

1 Like

I would say “For Shatterspear” :smirk:
Because No self-respecting troll would be ‘loyalist’ after learning that Sylv is working for entity that killed their chieftain and likely kept him in Maw.

4 Likes

True, true.

I’d probably have to tweak my stance into ‘Former-loyalist-that-would-like nothing-else-than-to-kick-your-rear’ kind of tag. :thinking:

Yeah I wonder what Danuser was on about. If these events were set in motion at the time of Edge of Night then why in BtS did she monologue about how much she hated Vol’Jin for thrusting the mantle of Warchief on her?

Nice 593784 dimensional backgammon there breaking the fourth wall and fooling the reader.

I stan Sylvanas.

Just lock elbows with your brothers and sisters and embrace the title of “Murder Hobo”.

For the loot!

1 Like

As i pointed out in another thread, i find it curious that they decided to leave Golden out of the panel after having her go on the VO one.

Shh…someone keep her entertained in the shops or playing some demo. Gotta answer some question that dumps her novel work in the dumpster.

Sylvanas in Bts : “Damn Vol’Jin and his visions, I didn’t want to be Warchief!”

Also Sylvanas n BtS: “I need to put a puppet leader on Darkspear tribe, so I have full control over them”.

Sylvanas in BtS: “Damn the Loa and Vol’jin for naming me Warchief. I respected the dude, but what the hell?!”.

Sylvanas with Danuser now: “I’mma going to make some demon stabbity-stab him, take his body to the throne room, induce him on a fel-fever, have him name me warchief, and after lamenting for some bit the death of Varian (feigned of course), rejoice on a slippery slope that creates some substance sprouting out of the planet and kickstarting the war i want”.

Danuser should major on RTS, because that some HEAVY long term strategy going on there. :+1:

Quality writing. We are reaching like the 10th wall breach.

1 Like

Yeah, i’m going to embrace it. This is my kind of hero now.

1 Like

They stated that only recently have the souls of the deceased only gone to the Maw. Maybe prior to this, the Night Elves DID go to a plane where Elune ruled? And did you just conveniently forget the “only recently” part?

It was confirmed that the machinery that “classified” the souls that went to the Shadowlands, was already broken by the time those Night elves died.
So no, they most certainly all ended up in the Maw.

I thought nelves don’t hae afterlife, they turn into whisps and then go to live in trees. Wasn’t that whole reason why nelves got aggro’ed when orcs started to shop said trees?

I mean prior to that event, prior to Sylvanas leaping off of Icecrown.

Hahahhahahhahaha this made me laugh way more than it should have.

1 Like

This entire book was Sylvanas contradicting herself each step.

We never seen any transition on how come she went from “I won’t take orders from a troll” to “I actually respected him”.

She claimed she never wanted a power but then was plotting how to get whole power over Darkspears.

She was also super proud that she is first wahmen Warchief despite never earning it, title was given to her by Vol’Jin.
:roll_eyes:

That bit was a rather blatant bit of PC seeping into the story to gain additional cookie points from the audience…regardless of how random, forced, and idiotic it was, when said by someone that has effectively being a woman leading figure all her life and comes from a society that has had zero problems with having female rulers.
I mean, how is the Horde gender ratio on leadership? Because i think its curently going for the female side.

About the rest…well. Golden has a rather particular view on Sylvanas (that curiously has sharing traits with her Jaina), about a moody woman that might have from time to time fits of rage or emotional moments that come out random.
In all, i don’t think it was contradictory with herself in the novel, even if it indeed clashed with several values she displayed out of said media.

In the novel, she is prone to mood changes that seem to have her contradict herself, but are consistent as long as we acknowledge said circumstance as another trait.
This isn’t shown as much ingame.

As the latest development goes, its obvious Blizzard will have the character be whatever they want it to. And won’t shy away from retconning whatever contradicts their contemporary view of it.
Even if they need to change a book that was aired in this same expansion.

Here there are some bits that show how the character has shifted to accomodate to the story.

She is far from being the only one tho. She is simply the trendy one atm.

2 Likes