The timer buff for KR has no real impact

This is a post to encourage people not to keep trying to time KR and hopefully give insight as to how bs that dungeon is and maybe, just maybe, Blizz will realize that the 3min increase is just not enough:

I’m nearly 2.2k and if only I had luck, yes, luck and nothing else, I would’ve easily been 2.4-2.5k this week. Not a great thing but definitely respectable, but today I timed a KR 18 (nearly 2 chest).

It took me ~110 started keys to time it on a higher level. Why? Because we had a clean run. It’s not like the people I ran with did anything crazy or had better damage than the usual pugs, but they executed cleanly: knew to use health pots / healthstones / personals at the right time. Had I knew beforehand, I would’ve focused more on damage but decided to play it safe.

That’s genuinely the only difference.

All this wasted time, all that frustration because most people refuse to have minimum respect for others’ time and do basic mechanics and KR is just insanely punishing, a team that didn’t time it before won’t time it now due to the pain points of the dungeon:

1. Berserkers hit too hard.
  2. First boss / third boss debuffs hit way too hard, how does a dpriest even deal with it?
  3. Shadow of Zul hits way too hard fo no reason.
  4. The respawn points are just bad.
  5. Increase the timer for getting fear by the patrol trash, a lot of keys just go to the grave because someone gets feared before they can use the belf racial.
  6. I don’t even know what to say about the packs after the first boss (in the order-spawn room), one mistake and you’re out.

It’s a nice dungeon, very varied fights, but stuff just feels so punishing for the majority of the people.

Personally, I love it. It’s a challenge and I know I can do well, but when I have to pair myself with…less than…great people, it’s so tilting to see them fail.

4 Likes

you are right, I avoid this dungeon like the plague and not because of the timer.

This dungeon has many problems that punish every small mistake you do, even on low keys.

First of all:
KR is every week difficult. Tyrannical, the bosses wreck with damage that is way higher than any other boss of any other dungeon.
Fortified give some trash packs just one shot mechanics

1. Trash in the first room: the cast chilling something hits like a truck and apparently has no spell lock out. The mob next to hit enrages and just rapes you if you have no soothe

2. horror room after first boss: bladestorm that kills you with 1 tick is really fun, thanks for that. Mobs that cannot be kited because of cc immunity on top of that is really fun too, thanks!

3. Spectral bolt hits like a truck and is overtuned

4. Bleed buff of the berserkers is highly overtuned

5. Zul is unhealable on certain tanks and can’t be skipped either

6. The respawn points are indeed retarded and this flying garbage mount doesn’t help the slightest

Also the last boss with whirlwinds everywhere sucks really badly

2 Likes

Even as a resto druid, if one person gets hit by this in tyrannical you gotta give them every hot and ironbark just so they survive it if 2 people get it…

1 Like

I agree about the Shadow of Zul damage, and the Axe dot on the 3rd boss, especially because the boss requires heavy movement, hard to spot heal, and the dot last 20 sec, but i find everything else manageable.

For me what’s really overtuned is SotS, i wonder why it goes so much under the radar, The bosses there eat so much of the timer it’s uncanny, especially the last one when it phases for the third time at 2% (every freaking time) and it’s full with casting mobs and elites, which gives hellish reaping waves, and to top it all, the timer is a joke, and doesn’t forgive a single mistake, even with bridge skipping, and let’s not start talking about that bridge, and how even having 4 shamans in the group won’t make you interrupt everything there.

3 Likes

You know an add is busted when you need a heroism for it.

I’m all for strong mini-boss mobs, and Zul being lore significant it makes sense he’s stronger. Just not derp strong.

1 Like

Shrine has a similar problem as KR… there are no easy weeks.
It has hard bosses on tyrannical and hard trash on fortified. Even without, both is pretty hard.
There are also to many hard mini bosses and a lot of problems are caused by accidental pulls, which happens there very frequently in pugs in my experience.

On top of it you need a good interrupt rotation and it also means you should have more melees.

Reaping ruined that place in s2… Often no LoS available and soooooooo many caster mobs like wtf, same garbage as motherlode

Well and last it is just very unforgiving. Also you spawn at the beginning of the dungeon till the 2nd last boss and the timer is very short.
The bridge is just a joke… rogue is literally required. Invis pots not enough to skip if the adds are in the wrong position

Ah common. All this not that bad.
Sure thing there would be dung more difficult then the others. Who ever said it must be equal.
In KR there are hard bosses, but other dungs have hard bosses too. The only difference is a tight timer. Which have been fixed.
1st boss - single target healing. And thats it. Nothing else difficult. Hell, 2nd boss in FH is harder, imho, with this girl, who bites of ur face every couple of second.

SoTS and its reaping. There are many places to LoS it, so u can stack it. U dont even need to kill last 2 reaping waves, its avoidable.

And about timer. There are plenty dung where timer is pretty tight. ML and SoB for example.

I was shocked while doing it on +15 forti. Healing first boss was a nightmare. I had to spam shadowmends for 5 seconds to make anyone survive it. It tick for half hp. Im not going there on tyrranical. I dont want to be wrecked. It will tick for 70% hp then? How to even heal it.

And after first boss, the 4 pack room. There is an archer that almost one shot tanks if they dont los it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.