The Trade Prince (Spoilers)

The Horde is now filled with Anduin clones. As predicted.

Sigh, this game really needs a third faction.

2 Likes

Worst of all, is that this phenomenon reeks of aiming at making everyone more supportive towards him and the Alliance mindset.
It’s effectively creating a wide range of characters that lack criteria of their own and that are simply put there in order to feed Anduin suitable secondary characters in his upcoming “Adventure Time” era as saviour of the universe.

Why else are we to have oddities that strain against several racial values? Why throw in the humanised Thrall, Calia the Redeemed leader, and now the Green Gnome?

Sad times indeed for racial identities that clash with the dominant Anduin effect.

For good or ill, the Horde was supposed to be morally challenging. Now, it’s being twisted into a Red Alliance.

2 Likes

At least you are honest about just wanting an evil faction and don’t hide it behind words like “interesting”, “challenging” or “diverse”.

2 Likes

It really is disappointing how eager blizzard is to make the horde even more bland and boring than the human faction.

I’ll count that as another sign the factions might be essentially ending, so that the issue of neutrality towards the factions won’t be relevant anymore.

Worst is, I’m not particularly against Gazlowe as a character.

He is great in a supporting role. Much like Hobart, he does have an edge to complement the Cartel in interesting ways.

If writers wanted to have him part of the Horde officially, there are ways they could’ve done so. For example:

-Have the Steamwheedle officially join the faction under him. And make the goblin playable race be one that offered goblins from both the Bilgewater and the Steamwheedle (much like the Maghar does with their clans).

-Have Gazlowe and Hobart dump the Steamwheedle in a similar way as he currently did, but by signing a contract with Gallywix as his CTO (chief technology officer).

This? This is downright wasting. For both the Horde and the goblin factions.

2 Likes

It is a PUNCH against the entire Horde community to appease the male human paladin faction, so all our characters who might dare to not love the Alliance the same way Baine does, get purged to make them feel good. The obvious bias from Blizzard here gives me headaches.

I didn’t want to be evil when all this started. But BfA has shown me that the citizens of Azeroth deserve it.

2 Likes

By the way, while we have a goblin-thread… does the “we’ll fire that cannon”-promise count as broken, by now? Or is anyone still taking it seriously?

1 Like

It does.

Unless they want to villain bat Gallywix a bit before ousting him, and the Horde is thrown into a scenario that tries to prevent him from doing so and nuking Stormwind.

You know, like they did with Zaela.

2 Likes

Oh God the “sjw” that ruin everything squad is here.

It isn’t a squad when it is the truth. Obviously.

They’ll use that cannon to save the day. The goblins will be honorable heroes kek.

1 Like

By the way, this might become as big a kick in the nuts for the goblins’ racial identity as BtS was for the Forsaken.

There was a reason why Blizz wanted Gallywix as their leader: He was a faithful implementation of the capitalist, as could have been taken right out of some communist propaganda leaflet. That kind of ruthless egoism waas part of the goblin identity. Goblins don’t want to curb the stuff the boss can do, because their whole society is geared towards making everyone want to become the boss, who doesn’t want to deal with stuff like workers’ rights. Become the big man, or die trying. Literally. Life is cheap, living isn’t. That wasn’t some social fluke, it was part of what it meant to be a goblin… or so I would have thought.

Up to BfA Gazlowe was treated as a bit of an outlier with stronger loyalties than usual… 8.2 straight up made him a proponent of fairness and workers’ rights. And now… they want to make this guy the face of goblinhood? Talk about neutering their bad side. Talk about inserting politics into games…

What will be left after that? A people of traders, yeah, but what would be their distinguishing feature? Oh, well, we always have optics, that’s what counts, isn’t it?

But who knows, maybe Gazlowe is literally stabbed in the back for his troubles soon.

4 Likes

Without reaching said levels, I kinda agree with you.

For the moment, I’ll lament the lost chance of potentially interesting stories.
But I’ll wait to measure exactly how much harm/good his presence does for the race.

Ps: A funny thought that occurred to me, specially given the order of Datamining and the Goblin heritage quest not being as conclusive or decisive with these things, is that Blizzard made a last minute change to add said dialogue to avoid signalling they supported said sort of mindset…after the China incident :joy: (Yeah, it’s a completely unreasonable theory, but couldn’t help it hahaha).

Gallywix for new Winnie the Poo?

1 Like

Bull Galliwix has never had his peoples best intrest at heart.

The adventurer and Thrall fight and defeat the Trade Prince, but Gallywix surrenders and promises to reform how he runs the cartel. Thrall allows Gallywix to remain as the Trade Prince of the Bilgewater Cartel, informs him that the cartel will have a new home in Azshara, and offers for them to join the Horde. Gallywix then swears his loyalty to the Horde. Unfortunately Gallywix seems to resume his poor treatment of the adventurer almost immediately, as evidenced by his refusal to talk to the adventurer or grant pay raises during the ride to Orgrimmar

If anything he should have been replaced long ago and its about time he finally is, hell i have wanted it for years and i can bet if this had happend in any other exp people would not get so bent out of shape over it.

3 Likes

It may sound repetitive, but I advise you to take a look at the pieces of story that came afterwards, and that expanded on the goblin view regarding their reaction to those events. The Pandaria short story addresses it nicely, you should read it.

Like, really, Gallywix has more to him than that single questline.

2 Likes

And I would think that was kind of the point. Goblins usually don’t have other people’s interest at heart.

2 Likes

O)k how about pandaria where he tries to aquire weapons as leverage for “himself” not his people or there safety. Hell in bfa he only seems to want to fight Geblin as a form of vanity to prove he is the better of the two.

As a leader yes he should, to quote another fictional race similar to goblins

A Nagus has to be better than that. His personal greed has to reflect the public’s greed.

As leader he should be a character who thinks “how can i make the goblin more profit” not “how can i make more profit” it would certainly make for a more intresting character as Galliwix has always felt on dimentinal and a poor character to me.

hopefully now we will have a Goblin who does have their vales but also put the greed of the race over is own self intrest.