The "Two rogues" controversy

No. Two rogues were send to kill Thrall. It was supposed to be a 2v1. Saurfang followed the rogues to Thrall. Saurfang even said that in the cinematic.

And they could very well have killed Thrall in a 2v1, as Thrall had no idea they were coming. Saurfang did, so he was prepared.

1 Like

I’d argue that them two rogues were only there to spy on Thrall and report on his whereabouts and what he is up to. From that Saurfang tracked them rogues back to Thrall where the two rogues finally saw Saurfang and tried to kill him.

Ofc’ there are some issues with this but I think this is what most likely went down.

3 Likes

Ofcourse they could’ve tried it to try and impress their Dark Lady; I mean what would the Dark Lady give to the loyal follower(s) who brought back Saurfang’s head, when they were only their to gather intel and watch over Goku.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, what exactly would their rewards be? (Without resorting to the obvious Sylvanas-breast meme). I couldn’t think of a reward. Wealth? Riches? Better body parts?

1 Like

I’m going to assume this is the best reward a Forsaken might get, otherwise; Being favoured by Sylvanas herself, higher rank, better weapons, new body, I don’t know; its not that hard to make up a few rewards!

2 Likes

Except that he was’nt prepared. If he was he would have been armed.

Dont throw me over as a Sylvanas fanboy, but if Saurfang was there because of those assassins, he was anything but prepared.

So from a “logic” p.o.v, Saurfangs story doesnt quite add up.

If you want to go down that route then Saurfang being armed would have just dissuaded them from doing anything. He’d have to wait around until they tried something sneakier and/or until he left so they’d attack Thrall alone (who had no idea regardless).

Do you think they’d rush head first at them if either (or both) were rocking full armour and/or weapons, or if they suspected a tougher fight? They would KNOW Saurfang’s prowess/reputation, and Saurfang being unarmoured and less dangerous looking is just the carrot on the stick he’d need to get them to act first, more so if he legitimately followed them, which would make sense as he easily detected them as soon as they did attempt to make a move. Something you would do if you KNEW they were there and you were playing dumb.

Something won’t add up no matter what way you aim your magnifying glass, so you have to take it as it is presented. To me it makes sense. Saurfang knew he would be watched the moment the Dark Rangers failed to capture him initially. He’d also be extremely likely to try and keep tabs on the latest Horde/Sylvanas shenanigans.

The question is less about Saurfang and more about Sylvanas motives. As said, you have to take it at face value for now, but you’d also be foolish to assume that is the whole truth (ie. there is obviously more to it than Sylvanas taking a random notion to ‘kill’ [assumption] Thrall and/or Saurfang).

They keep saying it’s not Garrosh 2.0, so one would have to assume that this is all part of Sylvanas plan to prepare the Horde (or create a new version of it) in a different way, even if it’d be a far stretch to believe it.

Regardless, Thrall has been motivated – probably all part of the plan. It’ll all turn out to be a McGuffin, with Sylvanas steepling her fingers at the end saying “Well, I needed to get you off your backside one way or another” and “Yeah, well, I never meant to actually KILL you”.

The common speculation now is a third faction, but I believe it is just the foundation of creating a new Horde. The liklihood of three (playable) factions is minor, but there’s every possibility she (new Horde) or Thrall/Saurfang (old Horde) will rebuild the Horde one way or another.

Even though i think your story is abit more far fetched, i do get your point maybe not overthink it too much.

That is the best part about writing a story, you can decide whats logic and whats not.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.