There comes a time & The time is now

For every DPS, there comes a time when he has to put down his “brrrr damage coat”, and start playing healer.

I have reached 2k on my destruction warlock & dh in S4 BFA, and to me…I think I have shown my skill, and no longer have to prove my ability to pwn, and now its time to lay back and enjoy being a chill healer who keeps ppl up and everyone loves.

So my question is basically what healer should i play? ofcourse we have to think of SL since its right around the corner, so ye…what is best healer. I do enjoy the priest/paladin fantasy. My issue with stuff like shamans/druids is their inconsistent ability to live through rogues depending on the specific arena season/patch etc. sometimes they just arent sturdy enough to live through 6 sec kidney shotts every 25 seconds.

What are your thoughts social misfits?

Thanks,

n o p e

7 Likes

Reaching 2 k on a most broken specs kinda doesnt show your skill, more like that you are a fotm roller tbh

6 Likes

Playing a healer isnt more layed back as playing a damage dealer.

To be fair if you tempt to play paladin or priest, just level them and see how you like them before SL hits.

Reported for trolling

Playing a healer and playing a dps is so different.
As dps your mistakes will not end up because your healer will keep your back.
As a healer one little mistake will cost you the game.

2 Likes

Idk about that …i think this dude mean it. Since only troll thing in his post is destro and skill in one sentence. :clown_face:

But if you really want advice go priest since paladin is disney class :slight_smile: ask yourself are you ready to be blood elf male paladin?

BS, play MW in MLChi and let us know how your cruise ride went

1 Like

:poop: :poop:

1 Like

Yeah I think depending on the comp, mistakes of certain classes are either amplified or non-existent. One obvious example i found in 2s is in rogue/disc mirrors whereby an incorrect racial/trinket will often lead you to immediately lose (because either can basically die/get put so far behind in a kidney).

I don’t think healing is going to be laid back unless the healer is broken or the comp is boring to play without much to do. Certain classes matter much more in matchups anyway but yeah, I’d still advocate to play what you enjoy the most.

1 Like

Don’t know if it will actually feel that laidback. I have played rouge/hunter/priest/mage/druid/paladin to around 2k rating and I would say healer is harder most of the times. It does tho feel lot more rewarding when you close the game as a healer.

Also as most say your misstakes will not be forgothen and if your partner makes a misstake most of the time you have to make up for it, atlest on lower rating where they just expect you to heal trought or magically not get caught in cc. Not to forget that it’s most of the time “your” fault that someone dies. Easiest was probably to play rouge or hunter.

If I was to recomend a healer I would say priest. It’s straight forward what abilities does what but still leave alot of in deepth things to learn. Paladin is prob easier but not as fun. Druids are not that much harder to play on this low rating but you have to learn all your forms and have a few more spella to keep track of.

OT:
I dont think you will have time to lvl/gear etc and play bfa before SL and some classes tend to just be $hit at everything. If I where you I would wait untill SL s1 and see what seems viable and pick what you like from that.

1 Like

Healer is hard to play when you play in low cr because people rarely help you when you get trained or put themself in bad spot very often and you have no choice to follow them and eat a lot of cc or use a Def that you shouldn’t to.

1 Like

I’m playing my alt monk as healer in 2s. It’s really fun with no corruption, gear or voice to communicate. The amount of random stuff that happens is amazing.

I love meeting disc + fire mage, so many times a disc priest will MC me out of the blue just before a fire mage gets off gpyro.

I would suggest Paladin, is at a very good point right now and transmog looks amazing.
Best of luck buddy and remember to have fun.

Pwnage pwn pwn pwn 2k destro skill pwn made my day.
I agreee nerf destro

I might have come off sounding like “i think healers are easier”.

Which i just wanted to correct, i dont think so at all. Thank you for your responses. Im very likely going priest.

I mean it is atm though, healers are in by far the most broken state any spec/role/class has been in the history of wow. The fact that 2s games go to 70% dampening MINIMUM while alrdy only being played by the best sustain dps just proves that.

The only reason most arena players dont instantly notice how disgusting healers are is because dampening got buffed up to where at some point healers finally die.

(though theyre still way harder than melee in the game I suppose)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.