There's a movement in reddit to emulate fresh experience in one of the dead servers

Here’s copy pasta:

"Hi Everyone!

Since there is no fresh classic confirmed and there’s no time like the present, I’m bringing to you all a classic fresh launch event where the next three weeks we will gather as many people as possible to head onto a low population realm and start from scratch together :slight_smile:

This is a big undertaking but I truly believe we can make it work with enough people, so let’s get the ball rolling! Further details are in the discord channel, please feel welcome to join and let’s make this happen!

It’s time to forge new friendships, guilds and rivalries, now is the time! Tell your friends!"

-[Castricius]"

If any of ya wants join our discord, feel free to message me for invite: fun_bot#1202 :slight_smile:

1 Like

This would be great … but on a PvP server? No thanks. Of cours I only surmise it’s a PvP server, as there’s no “dead” PvE servers around.

yeh you’re right, we’re aiming for pvp server :slight_smile:

Thought so. Good luck!

1 Like

And the problem is - no pre-patch for new races.

We’ve gathered 270 member in discord so far, with less than 24h :slight_smile:

problem is there’s still going to players who have loads of stuff on that server, no matter how dead u think it is.

1 Like

Obviously :). We’re just trying to make the most of it. And honestly, just by starting with hundreds participants with same mindset is already worthy event to experience imo.

1 Like

fairs, have fun

1 Like

And some of the servers are really dead. I have a lowbie 13-ish on one of them. Sometimes I log in just to be all alone in Stormwind after the hustle and bustle of my normal server :wink: All alone is here meant literally. Normally it’s only me or one, maybe two other players. A /who gives me always below 50 alliance players and my son reports an even lower number of Hordies.

Let me guess, you’re choosing Golemagg horde.

I remember another guild started up and had well over 1000 players, that they need two guilds, now they can only just get enough players for Naxx.

I think one is even posting on your discord.

A month is a little long to wait to form the guilds too.

Yep that guild was hit hard by the release of SL and Naxx patch they lost players to that and even if you have 1000 players sign up the majority will not make it to 60 it’s a lot of time investment so you’ll end up with maybe 10%-15% of that original numbers making it to max level with the rest just wanting to be part of the initial few weeks leveling period before getting bored or moving on to something else and then when that happens the players that remain are then stuck on a dead realm with no economy and nothing going on. I was with that guild from the launch of the fresh event up until they started BWL and had to take a break from the game due to family issues but I still had commitments with my main when I returned and ended up leaving due to not really being able to juggle playing on my character on that realm and on my main, it was just too much. It was fun while it lasted though and there was many lovely people in the guild I enjoyed playing with.

This project is a nice idea but it will end up dying when the pre patch hits and eventually TBC comes.

I don’t think these psuedo “fresh” rerolls ever work, the idea of fresh is everyone is on the same footing and starting the journey together even if you have rules in place not to boost or accept help it still doesn’t have the same feel to it as a real fresh start with all content available right from the off.

1 Like

The only part I don’t really agree with is the low population realm choosing. I understand why, to try and make it look like a fresh realm but it never does, and reinforcements was made on the GMs home realm, or at least an officers home realm as they linked up with another guild almost straight away. Also, a lot of people ignored the rules.

Like most of those things, a group of core players came out of it and if you weren’t in the core group you felt left out.

Well yeah, if you guys measure success by beating naxx, obviously the odds are stacked against us.

But if you rather just want to have that second glimpse on leveling in a “fresh” server, without the need on constantly relying boosts since there’s barely ever a enough peeps for regular runs if lfg channel, and just to have a jolly good time questing in vibrant environment instead of barren wasteland with nothing but bot’s accompanying you… Then yeah, this whole movement is definedly going to deliver, 100%.

Since for me, the leveling and picking those green/blue gear upgrades is by far The best content in classic for me, even better if I get lucky and manage to find myself again in a solid consistent 5 man group to do dungeons with and trash talk in discord :slight_smile:

So if I get to experience those for a month or two until level 60 (and get my ogrimar rep exalted again for my wolf mount to my tauren, since that’s a thing for me), I’m good. Anything beside that will be a solid bonus. There are already guilds forming up to aim to down as much raid content as possible, and I am joining those with pretty much zero expectations.

But yeah, no, it’s not going to be obviously full fresh experience. That only fresh server can give. But what else I’m supposed to do here then? :smiley: Twindle my thumbs and being all salty in forums, waiting to my subscription to run dry?

1 Like

Update - in 48hrs this project now has over 560members waiting to reroll a server as either Alliance or Horde. If you are looking for a fresh journey this is the place for you. Join the discord:

discord.gg/Vme7sQp5

1 Like

Big update, we’re at 1140 members, the time to join is now! 1 weekto go :smiley:

How many do you personally think it would require for the project to be a success though?

1140 seems very low given play style / time frequency. I hope it is a success however in my opnion you are going to need around 6-7k players on the first day. That’s just based off previous experience.

I think the success doesn’t depend only on the number we have at launch, though it is imperative to have a really high amount for that day one impact and player fall off, but things like hosting more reroll events on the server we choose over the coming weeks/months, creating small-mid size guilds for people to have a place in the community opposed to the big 200 member guilds sticking it alone in a server are where longetivity will come from and bring more people to the server.

I agree that from a one time launch point of view 6-7k people is what’s needed to “revive” a dead server, however the approach is to create something sustainable which will require more than a one time event of X people. I hope that answers your question :slight_smile:

1 Like

Interesting, i definitely subscribe to the principle that a project has a successful launch window where it must meet its goals or simply fail to work.

It’s the same logic that shows you can’t relaunch games successfully, such as NMS and Anthem.

Retention is a real problem for you, but best of luck.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.