They only buffed Chaos Bolt tooltip?

So I’m definitely not the only one… If it was before patch I would say it makes no difference as you would rarely cast Chaosbolt but now after havoc nerf (firx or whatever) it’s actually necessity to get it of few times and it’s actually nerfed. :smiley:

Testing on the PVP dummy concludes:

-Avg chaos bolt crit dmg 63k
-max crit 95k

To compare, here’s my incinerate stats:

-avg incinerate crit dmg 79k
-max crit 111k

So yeah, as a near BiS pvp geared destro there’s something foul going on, hoping for a quick fix…

However, I do remember doing up to 150k chaos bolts in BGs, so who knows if it’s just the pvp dummy being bugged.

It’s bugged in duels and arena too. Tested it on several occasions but it appears to not be bugged for everyone (which makes it even worse).

It’s super easy to test tho if you just test on a fully naked character.

I’d argue that it’s not too easy to test with the chaos bolt damage being dependant on several procs.

Ofc it’s easy, you compare damage on PvE target without any procs and on PvP target without any procs. Ofc you always take Chaos Incarnate to eliminate mastery randomness and test naked.

Super simple. For my lock Chaos Bolt hits about 10-15% less on PvP target (duels + pvp training dummy) than it does on PvE training dummy / PvE mobs. In theory it should hit ~40% more on PvP targets with the recent change.

1 Like

Can confirm this is definitely bugged. My Incinerates or Conflag/SB crits are way harder than anything from Chaos Bolt, which is bizarre.

Grateful if you could fix this ASAP Blizz!

Anyone heard any updates on this? It’s been well over a month and it’s still bugged for me.

Still borked, with full PvP gear opening Chaos bolt hitting for 56k on pvp target dummy. Honestly I’ve unsubscribed at this point, I have few days to go and I doubt they will fix it. If it gets fixed and portion of lock pop wont get screwed over anymore please let me know.

1 Like

Yeah, exactly the same for me. Was hoping for a fix finally with the big patch, but no dice. No point trying to compete, with our other abilities nerfed even further.

1 Like

well they nerfed our AOE to the ground so hard that we dont even play mayhem anymore :smiley: and now they nerfing sac … oh fun times.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.