They tried to kill the healer, but the tank keeled over instead

Not long ago, studios all over the globe tried to end the reign of the healer. Saying that finally the tyranny of the health bar Whac-A-Moler is over. A priest-like class wasn’t even allowed in a product without being a paladin wannabe. And so did the tryhards rejoice that they shall not wait for a person who didn’t mainly damaged to come.

Well, it turns out that when you have four kids with baseball bats looking to hit anything piñata adjacent and the damage meters aren’t reading the combat log anymore but directly talking to the I.P.A., you do need the fifth member to be a helicopter mom, insuring that the sandwiches are made and booboos kissed. While more and more people are realizing that tanks are basically damage dealers with more self sustain , the line is blurring more and more every day, and in actual action combat titles, tanks aren’t just useless; they don’t even exist.

And as such, in ESO, the tank role is basically an honorary title, and in other titles, the line between tank and damage dealer is slowly eroding.

And now even WoW can’t hold the tides of change.

So, let’s say goodbye to the king of aggression management.

https://youtu.be/_Jtpf8N5IDE

1 Like

:man_facepalming:

Why would you want to erode the roles. Doesn’t appeal to me personally.

Having a healer do dps during their down time/nothing to heal is not eroding a role. No different to when dps help out with dispels, off healing etc.

1 Like

Another Ratagain thread, and another thread of pure nonsense.

Never have so many words been used to say… nothing.

1 Like

No. No. No.

Let me fix that…

“Never have so many words been used to say something… And that is that OP knows nothing.”

Best thing I’ve read on the forums for a while and unfortunately so dang true. Funny though.

your right op we should just delete the healer and make the tanks immortal God Kings / Queen like warrior in ff 14 :stuck_out_tongue:

infact after yeetng the healers tanks no longer need the rest of the raid or dungeon party as nothing can kill them anyway :confused: so the game gets renamed to world of tankcraft :smiley:

What?

10chars

I guess your right . There are no tanks in Warframe.

I dunno, Tanks being glorified DPS kinda makes sense :stuck_out_tongue:

I tied to say it in a more colorful way, but yeah. They are becoming slowly glorified damage dealers, but this is how they wanted it.

They really arent.

Theres just so many bad dps in the game it looks like they are.

Tanks can burst wvery now and then alike a dps, but they wont overall get close to a well played dps im afraid.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.