Things to do when you're dead (being at mercy of cruel RNG)

Out of four criteria

[Wardrobe Makeover] - can be done in 1-3 daily resets with little effort

[It’s a Wrap] - doable instantly, non issue

[The Gang’s All Here] - timegated primarily through Superior Parts, the more followers you crafted the previous week, higher the total gain. Could use a buff to crafting material rewards because even if you had all 16 up at start, it would take four weeks to craft all of them from scratch.

[Abominable lives] - in dependance of previous achievement, with an added RNG factor of several questgivers offering only one quest per week. Players complaining how some of the quests haven’t appeared in weeks or months.

Now, I’m speaking of this in context of the [Shadowlands Dilettante] achievement which requires players to meet criteria for all four Covenant Features. That achievement then is later part of a second larger Feat of Strength - [Back From Beyond] for the Veilstrider title.

It’s a fun and nice experience but please cut down on TIMEGATING. Now that the incentive to complete every piece of content from the expansion is here (final content patch of game), players have started working on it, and it takes FOREVER for no good reason.

In stark comparison, getting exalted with NF’s Marasmius doesn’t take more than a month, you can easily invite all Ember Court guests in as little as 4 weekly resets and the nerfed criteria for Kyrian can literally be completed in one sitting, more precisely several hours.

Please do something about it, I don’t want to wait another 6 months to complete it because I started late, nor am I looking forward to keep farming this once the expansion launches as is the case with many horrible achievements in the game. Everyone has had enough of Shadowlands at this point.

In short, why not let all crafted the Abominations at the Factory offer ALL of their weekly based quests, every week? It fixes the RNG problem and offers a greater influx of crafting materials. It would still take more than a week to complete, but without two layers of frustration on top.

It’s not a question of who’ll complete their Covenant Feature the fastest and with least amount of effort, but about encouraging as many players to complete all of them. As we have it now, the content is farmed out in 1 hour at most and it takes 7 days of waiting to attempt completing more of the criteria. Thanks for reading.

1 Like

Just to contextualize how long this takes to complete. I’m already well into my third reset and accounting for the possible influx of Superior Parts from available quests (and an extra quest or two that I will unlock per week), it will be another 3 Wednesdays and I will be stuck on 3/5 materials for crafting my final follower, which won’t be possible until a week after.

It’s not over yet, after all that I’m hoping for perfect RNG and can expect a minimum of two more weeks because by that time I will have completed only one out of three possible quests from the abominations I crafted last. Now you hopefully understand how horrible this achievement is.

Under best circumstances, it takes almost twice as long (if not longer) to complete than other covenant features. One guy even commented how several weekly quests didn’t spawn for him 3 months in a row.

Pls make some significant adjustments.

There is nothing to justify the design of this whole thing, including the achievement requirements. It makes no sense with all the possible RNG factors the game suffers at every layer and it is outright purposefully maliciously designed only to prolong subscriptions, while not involving any meaningful gameplay because there is nothing left to farm or craft… it has become a waiting game where the quests offered can be a repeat of last week, for several weeks in a row.

I’ve been through 6 different resets of this mini-game, kept checking the mission table for extra resources four times a day, optimized the hell out out both abomination crafting order and rare crafting resource income… after all of that I haven’t had the pleasure of being offered a specific 1 out of 3 chance quest from three of my guys.

It’s become outright ridiculous and insulting, no reason to keep doing the quests past a certain point; there’s even a comment on wowhead claiming it took full 12 weeks for certain quests to appear in weekly rotation (filter by newest) => https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=14684/abominable-lives#comments

What can realistically be done about it? Change the [Abominable Lives] achievement to have two stages, such as is already the case for [Wardrobe Makeover] where it would trigger after completing at least one quest from each unique abomination and the player is able to pursue their completionism desires if and as they please.

Replace the whole thing with a different requirement, so you can instead complete [Things To Do When You’re Dead] by reaching Exalted reputation with the Stitchmasters (which will take you 4-6 resets at most). Best solution? Combine both. That way the time investment required from players seems just about right.

I’ve run out of content and rewards from this activity some time ago. The only reason I care about is how it’s my last requirement in obtaining the Veilstrider title. A lot of things in this expansion have been horribly timegated but this one is the worst offender of all. Get it in line with other covenant mini-games, urgently.

Way off topic here:

The penguine sledding quests in BFA for the achievement have not been seen for a very very very long time. We are talking months and months. I keep checking. I have the achieve but its a fun quest so i keep checking. I got them very early on in the xpac. But after that they were never to be seen again and there are 3 races. Not just one.

Based on that i am inclined to think that once an expac is done, some achieves are left to rot and you cant get them anymore due to pure RNG or blizzards attitude of we will make you pay a 6 month sub to finish this one single quest .

Timegating is also one of my pet peeves in thsi game and it infuriates me at times.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.