This desperately needs to happen

You are not allowed to play two melee or two caster dps in any 3v3

Game is saved

You are welcome

5 Likes

RMP happy breath finally even less “bad” match ups only jungle left if Hunter counts as “Meele”

4 Likes

I actually agree. Everything toxic about arena seems to revolve around class/spec/role stacking. Of course RMP is an outlier here, but that can be reigned in a bit by making them less tanky. Games are much more enjoyable for the most part when it’s healer/ranged/melee.

3 Likes

Don’t forget to disallow tanks from arena.

But yeah, fewer variations means it becomes easier to design and balance, however RBGs would still be a problem since disabling that kind of stuff for arenas can’t be disabled for RBGs for obvious reasons.

In other words, reigning in the rules for arenas risks creating a gap in the design space where RBGs become even more broken.

So we still got rmp. Sadge

6 Likes

oh yeah bro, lets make jungle and RMP even stronger. Can’t wait. Or is hunter maybe not considered caster / range?

Rather be facing Jungle and RMP than zug zug 0 iq Fury warrior comps, Destro/Frost Mage and Destro/Ele on repeat.

1 Like

Jungle is the most braindead op comp in the game, and facing destro / frost mage on repeat? I barely see anyone playing the comp, and arenamate shows frost mages are pretty rare in 3s with 3% representation. From my own experience of the 3s ladder this feels true as well, barely ever meet destro / frost, so not sure what you’re on about there.

Frost/Destro says hello.

Of course, the Frost mage main is part of a small, exclusive club of Frost/Destro players.

Doesn’t help that you’re looking at the 2v2 statistics instead of the 3v3 ones.

800 games played and you have ‘barely ever met destro/frost’? Ok bud.

Nop, I’m looking at 3v3 ladder. In 2v2, I can’t even see frost mage in the top 15 specs played, because obviously frost sucks balls in 2s. Pro tip - you need to press filter after you change the settings in arenamate for it to refresh. And yes, I barely ever see destro / frost in 3s. Playing at around 2300 mmr right now, and over last 50 games I met it maybe twice? There’s an insane amount of jungles and fury mellee cleaves, and then quite a few destro + rogue / ele

Then you very clearly can’t read.

Don’t care about 2v2.

Frost mage has a sub 10% representation in 3v3 :slight_smile:

Reflex screenshot or I’m smelling :poop: on this one.

Frost Mage has a higher representation than ALL 3 Rogue specs and Ele shaman, but you see quite a few of those? :slight_smile:

which representation are you checking? I’m looking at EU only 3v3 ladder, to be clear, and frost has 3.1% representation. Not including NA stats here, that’s irrelevant for us. I don’t use Reflex but maybe I can provide a screenshot later if one of my partners logs on, because its really something close to that, maybe 1 in 15-20 games frost / destro, although ofc that’s my experience its not statistically relevant. Its ok to hate on frost / destro I get its a super annoying comp, but numbers don’t really support the idea that its massively dominating the ladder.

Xunamate.

And numbers don’t support that Outlaw and Sub rogue are broken, they still are.

I see, well Xunamate shows representation of frost mages for the ranged bracket alone from what I can see. That’s why they have a 10% representation, that’s not overall representation, and especially right now since its very much a mellee meta its easy to imagine that 10% translates to 3% of overall games. However the idea that numbers alone don’t tell the whole story is completely true, although in general its a good indication. I think outlaw is the most broken spec in the game by some margin and yet its barely played. My point was not that destro / frost isn’t top tier, it obviously is, just that its not massively represented on the ladder.

In my opinion skill and fun would be more if we could not see through pillars,walls hp bars (like wallhack). That would add a bit more randomness and pillar hugging different.

I do not like this idea at all. Limiting comps is the last thing this game needs.

Sure that sound nice in theory but good luck getting queues then

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.