This did make me laugh

I am taking a peek at the free trial atm

5 Likes

That’s a good guide, I like when they make a swift walk through without putting too many personal opinions in :+1:

It actually made me want to try it out too :thinking:

1 Like

Enjoy having even slower GCDs

FFXIV is terrible.
There, I just saved you a lot of time.

2 Likes

Seems good so far :wink:

With enough haste it’s not such a big problem. And apart from the gcd, FFXIV’s combat is a lot more engaging than WoW’s imo.

2 Likes

There are skills you can weave in that are off the gcd also.

Their class system seems a bit meh to be honest. Specially compared with ESO’s which gives you total freedom. I’m trying ESO for the second time. I’m liking it so far, it has some major drawbacks (compared to WoW is a collectors nightmare), but it also has a lot of positive aspects.

I’m not planning on quitting WoW however. I’m excited to see how the story will progress with Sylvanas and N’zoth.

I do like the fact that you can do everything with one character. I also like eso… WoW just can’t be my only game anymore… which isn’t a bad thing really.

It’s great considering the amount of off-gcd skills and cooldowns you have tbh. The end game combat is awesome.

1 Like

I love ESO’s freedom when it comes to class/weapon combination. That you can choose the armour you want to wear based on your playstyle and have every profession, if you want.

That being said, the free trial is not time constrained so I might check the game later down the line. Although to be honest, two MMORPGs seem quite enough, I’m not sure I would have time for another.

It still is restricted though… you can’t be a magicka dps wearing plate or medium… you’d lose way too many bonuses. It all revolves around being Magicka or a Stamina user… as Stam dps you need to wear Medium, Magicka Light… only true hybrids that work are tanks.

Same with weapons - bows and melee weapons work on stamina, staves on Magicka, unless using an ice staff on your back bar as a tank with a hybrid build.

As for crafting becoming a master crafter will take a very long time.

I have had eso since it launched on ps4, and pc before that.

I’m slowly getting ready for Shadowbringer with my friends and we have quite a lot of fun.
Since I have lots of free time it’s easy to manage WoW and FfXIV at the same time.

3 Likes

Last summer some of my friends and I decided to give FF14 a chance. The GCD issue isn’t as big an issue when you get further into the game. You essentially end up having 2 different GCDs so while your main GCD is 2.5 seconds, you use abilities in between. So essentially it’s a 1.25 second GCD.

The bigger issue is that the game has a huge barrier to entry. You’re forced to do the entire storyline before you’re allowed to go to expansion content, despite outleveling it. If you enjoy a half decent story and having leveling take forever you won’t mind though.

The other issue is the severe lack of endgame. Now, WoW’s endgame these days isn’t great anymore either. Expansions shipping with a single raid etc. But there’s certainly more to do in WoW than there is in FF14. That is, if you cba doing professions for hours on end or player housing nonsense, and instead just want to kill things.

This is true, if you just want a pve endgame then I don’t think you will enjoy it for long. I thoroughly enjoy the crafting myself, it’s actually meaningful and not as simple as pressing a button like in wow.

I’ve levelled all of them to max level now and I had a great time doing it :stuck_out_tongue:

I noticed they have a boost on the store ( I want to do everything the long way)… 18.50 normally but in the sale at 12.95… also can’t believe how much cheaper their mounts and stuff are!

Looking forward to checking out the housing :slight_smile:

The housing in ff is amazing. As is the song playing in the mansion.

1 Like

Last time I checked, it was a little expensive to buy a house at all though.

Yea… 3 button rotations are really fun… And the insane grind of everything… Not to mention that the healing classes, Astrologian, and White mage… Are honestly the most boring healers ive ever played in any game.

I love the game but… It ain’t much better than WoW honestly.