This did make me laugh

It’s a free company effort ! Not a one man mission.

I have way more buttons in my rotation than in wow and more cooldown/ out of gcd things to use.
Bard is not a healing class.
Astrologian is lots of fun in raids.

1 Like

BURNING DOWN THE TREE WAS NOT A FAILURE.

The clip was nice though,but im pretty sure that the WoW community was whining about other xpcs like children on the forum.

Someone must be incredibly desperate to move from WoW to final fantasy.

Final fantasy Died after 7.

The only games that gave me equally enjoyable healing classes were hpala/monk in earlier WoW expansions and Operative in SWtoR on release.

The only thing that makes me sad is the lack of damage meters. A game where healers actually get to do insane damage if played well should have damage meters.

@Ãnna, I found the basic game for €2 on ebay from a twitch seller, just the base game and a month free.

I’ve never played it before so I tried it and so far, after well over an hour I haven’t attacked anything yet.

1 Like

With their dps they might as well be. >_> , but Dragoons, while fun, is like 3 buttons to press.

Yep that’s the tutorial :slight_smile: I bought it also I am on ps4… very nice on controller.

Having a damage meter can get you banned in that game. That should give you an idea about how snowflakey the ff14 community is. Leveling is absolutely atrocious as well.

1 Like

Tried it for a day, kind of eh’d
It’s combat pace is even slower then BFA, GCD of like, 2.5 seconds?
Made it to 20, the leveling is kind of obsolete and you have a main story line that just holds your hand to max apparently and that was actually rather nice because it made leveling feel more like an introduction to the game rather then an actual very outdated progression you have to muddle through

For the rest, the slow combat kind of makes it unplayable for me but the way they handled abilities in that first level seemed fun, there’s a lot of setup to big moves where here it’s for most classes a priority whackamole

Been playing FF14 for a month now, just hit 70 last night. Levelled as white mage (healer). I find the healing far more engaging than WOW, far more dodging bad stuff and with a decent group you can weave in some dps and actually do some good damage. You also can’t rely on addons to do half the work for you. The story/levelling is mostly very good, though probably slower than the current generation is used to and the transition ark between ARR and Heavensward is a real slog to get through. It’s the first time in ages I’ve had that vanilla levelling feeling back, only with cutscenes.

Seems to be a lot of difference in depth/difficulty between jobs/classes, but I guess that caters to many tastes. Traditional raiding/endgame seems less filled out than WOW, but there are so many other things to do, it’s daunting and running old content is also kept rewarding. Many jobs don’t fill out till after level 50, as a white mage, the job actually gets many abilities in the 60-70 stretch, that make it far more flexible/dynamic.

The community seems far more open/accepting, have only run into 1 or 2 bad eggs so far. Having done a few endgame dungeons now, a few tanks actually asked me if I was comfortable with their speed/size of pulls. I can’t remember the last time a tank actually communicated with me in WOW. The average age also seems higher than WOW. Many in my FF14 guild are 40+, while in WOW I was mostly at the top end of age with my 38 years.

It will probably remain my go-to MMO till 9.0, if not beyond. I certainly rate it far higher than BFA.

2 Likes

The engine itself is doodoo tho camt recall how many times ive bwen hit by some telwgraph i wasnt even standing in .

You are not safe until the telegraph animation finishes :wink:

Hello, what about the player versus player aspect of that game please ? * I said please *

Leveling and a nice fantasy universe is great but i like to fight actual players so i am not sure wether or not i will like it.

Not really my thing, pvp, but as I understand it, it’s not really a focus of FF14. ESO is apparently far better for pvp.

1 Like

It was slow at first down to me not knowing how anything worked, but I am truly enjoying it. I am an archer.

Went and took a peek at the housing… it really blew me away!

Bard dps is fine for the amount of raid support they provide. About 10% below selfish dps jobs afaik.

Also drg 3 buttons? That’s not even 1 full combo :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I am going to go Bard… I quite like the Lancer also.

1 Like

Both are great fun, what datacenter are you playing on? The only classes I don’t have maxed are war, drk and nin. All my crafters and gatherers are maxed as well, could hook you up with some stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I am on Lich

Yeah i saw those two realms too, I need something different i will buy a pass, time is money so i can begin after the scenario.

1 Like

Update: I love this game so much my wow sub is cancelled for now.

The people in the game are amazing… someone walked up to me, traded me some food and invited me their guild, and then they spent a couple of hours of their own time to give me a mounted tour and pick up various teleport points, they showed me all the classes and other guildies can to me to say hi. What an awesome community they have.

I completed class training and that would go a long way in wow.

1 Like