This is the most entertaining the forums have been all year

I commend you Blizzard. You have really done it. With all your understandable decisions regarding Classic you (un)intentionally have managed to push a whole different source of entertainment: This forum.

The whine is delicious and the cheese is too. People just keep getting surprised by how little you care and its always entertaining.

Special thanks to those shouting out into the void trying to literally turn back time to a time where people werent these vile creatures that valued disgusting concepts like “efficiency” and “rewards”. I do agree that these monstrosities need to be shouted at just so you can feel validated.

I quit three weeks ago but I will continue to read this forum for every new Phase, which will always bring inevitable dissapointment.

A few predictions:

“Wtf Blizzard BWL cleared in 2 hours on launch day??”

“Wtf Blizzard Scarab Event finished after a week? I didnt even have a chance!”

“Wtf Blizzard people are clearing Naxx in Tier1 gear, why did I waste my time farming BWL??”

24 Likes

Well written sarcasm, but I do think that people are going way overboard with this honor grind. With the way things are going the first Rank 14’s will only ever get laughed at for having no life, or hated for “ruining classic” with their grinding.

1 Like

People always pretend that there was no min-maxing back in the days. I just had this talk with some friends. i remember people start rushing as soon as it was possible in AV back in 2006. So can we just stop pretending that players changed that much? Yes players changed, but the game is kinda f´d in the current state. You have talents + items from 1.12 for playing content that is tuned for earlier talents and items. On top of that we are given a version of AV that was introduced at a time when the honor-grind was already obsolete. So stop blamind just the players for changing, blame blizzard for not caring for feedback that has been there for months and months.

2 Likes

I dont think an old AV would have changed anything. It might have made 10 minute AVs into 20-30 min AVs but that would be all.

20-30 minute av would change everything tho, cause it would make WSG on par in terms of honor-gain. Now you have endless queues for WSG cause no one plays it.

4 Likes

It still would not return this mythical old AV with 12 hour games and epic battles and whatnot.

Then again whoever wanted that was insane anyways, if you have time for 12 hour AVs I dont wanna know what else there is to your life.

1 Like

You would leave, sleep and rejoin the same one in the morning. Definition of epic. Not for the min maxxers but who gives a shyt for them. Not their parents for sure.

2 Likes

Sounds like the definition of not having anything more exciting to do in life.

I dont think we should be enabling such behaviors.

1 Like

I need to find my post somewhere from 2018 when they announced classic. I said they would mess it up anyway. And I was right.

1 Like

Yes, because riding south ten times an hour is much better.

1 Like

I just had a message from a friend telling me not to bother with BGs. We all returned to Classic purely for old AV of hours long matches (with the quests, upgrades etc) but apparently it’s five mins of people just rushing to the generals and done because as you point out the game devs have made it this way. Pity. Time to cancel my sub.

Neither are good. AV was never in a good state IMO.

2 Likes

it wasnt in a good state, but before 1.11 it was in a state that favoured fun over reward, thus even tho u knew ur reward was little, the fights were grander and the memories more memorable

easy way to tell?
let all 3 versions of AV launch for 1 month, take away 100% of all rewards
see which av is played the most
==> most fun AV of all 3

1 Like

Queues for AV will reach infinity.

From what I have gathered alot of people either dont play Classic for fun or derive their fun from essentially speedrunning the game.

Its like when I dust off a copy of Half Life for the 10th time, I probably wont play it because I wanna discover the game but rather see how much better I have gotten at it, e.g. how much faster I can “complete it”.

well obviously, there shouldnt be any other way to achieve ranks during that time, gotta take away all rewards for PvP
way to sort out the trash out of the game, who only play for reward :smiley:

1 Like

That is likely going to be 80-90% of the playerbase of a server, so good luck moving forward.

I used to be among those people. But honestly, my faith has gradually faded away. There was a guy who posted a thread about Nostalrius being better for him than Classic. So true. Those pirate devs loved Vanilla and community was way healthier.

1 Like

Better than now (this) classic or decades old classic? I wonder if they have proper AV.

In the thread I’m talking about the guy meant modern Classic. And I agree with him. Although I only managed to get to lvl 30, the Vanilla Dream hit me thanks to Nostalrius.

Yea I am enjoying myself as well. Arguing with people actually defending this broken excuse for a PVP system is highly entertaining!