This will keep the game going

Fresh server every 2-3 years. In the end of the last phase, everyone has to transfer to era servers.

This will keep era servers and fresh servers alive. For Blizzard, this is the best way to keep subsribers.

12 Likes

Damn that was a good idea

2 Likes

Yeah, and the 5 other times it’s been suggested too.

3 Likes

There are newcommers you know :sweat_smile: the majority do not read this forums.

Yeah I know and the majority don’t read the rules either.

Aren’t they called seasonal servers?

Nah, just having something more important todo than we do mostly :sweat_smile:

Hm. Maybe not good for rp servers. 60 levels pop up from nowhere, having not grown history on the server with their chars.
While this may stuf the endgame population a bit, still there will be nobody to enjoy leveling together.

1 Like

It is a good way to keep the servers populated and not be on ghosttowns

1 Like

Why would a “fresh” person want to move to an era server?

1 Like

They don’t stay fresh, you know.
But you’re right. I bet the “freshies” are then rolling on the new fresh servers and not going to play Era :wink:

To give people the option of continuing to play with an active community (era realm) instead of perishing in a seasonal realm.

Win win situation.

1 Like

Can someone explain by the way, for I am new to mmorpg and somehow couldn’t find the answer anywhere on google, how do fresh servers actually work?

I mean, when a cycle is done, what happens? Do they hard reset your characters to zero and start a new circle? Or they delete your characters at some point and you have to create new ones? Or does the server freeze on phase 6 as in Classic Era with all your characters and progression and you may keep on playing for ever with those who choose to stay?

As a roleplayer I’m concerned a lot, for I want to create chars that grow history with the community that remains for years, so that month by month and year by year there is a long smooth story taking place.
If fresh servers are a seasonal thing, it simply makes playing on them meaningless for me, as well as new expansions in Classic that make the community just disappear.

Or what am I missing here?

As far as I am informed, the old servers with evolved characters on them stay ‘forever’.
New servers with no characters on them will be made, and all who likes fresh, can go there, re-roll and experience as it is a re-launch of Classic.
I am not on the Freshie-team, I’m just staying on the Classic Era server, slowly levlling my alts and having fun.

I would actually do the same, for eternal Classic Era servers look ideal for me since I want play Vanilla only for ever. But… I login everyday to see 5-10 people on my server. Means I would basically play a single-player rpg while leveling, not to mention there’s noone to wpvp with nor to rp. This is the only reason I am looking into fresh servers, but if they’re seasonal then maybe they are not a solution either. If only there was a way to somehow bring new players on our Era server. I’m starting thinking about mass promotion on Reddit and such, to represent Zandalar Tribe as an ideal rp-pvp harbor for those who want a chilled rp-pvp Vanilla experience. Just it’s so much of work instead of actually playing and having fun, and… no belief it could ever work :slight_smile:

The solution is to roll new toons on the PvE cluster. Unless of course PvP is what you come for, then I have no idea. Almost all PvP’ers left for TBCC and now they’re making BCC a vasteland by emptying servers from one faction.
Promoting ZT as a chillout RP-PvP server migth actually be just what’s needed right now to repopulate it.
As I’m NOT doing PvP I won’t join, but fishing in troubled waters can be good.

Yeah I’m not playing in PvE cluster for I see no point even playing without wpvp bloodbath, that is a basic core for the rp (for me).

So Zandalar Tribe as the only server with this rp-pvp ruleset is the only choice for me. And it’s not connected to the PvP clusters. Hopefully it will never. Bad for population though…

But hey, we could use a skillful fisherman here, and maybe I could level a bodyguard for you to protect you from the ally ganker… if they will ever even show up at all :slight_smile:

Sorry, not tempted. I have my main, and most alts on the RP server - no PvP for me, thanks a lot! And I am mostly into the IronMan challenge right now, and No way I’m doing this on a PvP server. Not even an empty one. It takes one!
My guild has long since gone to TBCC, don’t know why the guildname lingers.
There was a re-roll try on HW It is still struggling. I hope you have more luck gathering all the dissatisfied PvPers from Classic and BCC into one bunch at ZT.
PS: I’m with you at the no merging, and also therefore staying at HW :wink:

1 Like

As a classic era player, would you wanna see mergers of the current realms to establish healthy populations?

If fresh realms started and 1,5-2 years from now a portion of that playerbase (not alot) moved to your era realm, would you be ok with that?

I think seasonal classic and classic era can live in healthy symbiosis.

As a Classic Era player on a RP-PvP server,
Former - no,
Latter - maybe, but only from rp-pvp servers (hopefully we will have them!)

There are reasons why casual non-rp players will feel awkward on an rp server, surrounded by rp-nerds. (Some may feel quite comfortable though and even find it enjoyable to troll and grief roleplayers, but those are definitely not wanted). As well as we will feel awkward with 60-level toons poped out from nowhere. While rp server is a community that grows together from level 1 and in one storyline, players with non-rp nicknames and their server names added, will simply ruin everything, like alliens from parallel unfriendly universe. If that makes sense to you.

1 Like

I am ok with fresh realms reset every few months, to give the speedrunners and min maxers a home. But I am not ok, if they are allowed to move these chars to the legacy realms.

My realm has never been at a better spot than now. We do have RP events going, several raid guilds and reroll projects. We are an actual community now, I dont want to see this ruined by people who have rushed through content, that now dominate pvp with their BIS items, while not caring about RP.

This is exactly what has happened with TBC, people could move to TBC completely killing the world for us that started from 0 there. This was the moment fresh servers were needed, but instead us low levels were thrown into a pool with max levels in Naxx gear.

I dont want the same to happen with the Vanilla legacy realms, they should not even allow transfers in my books. Everyone is welcome, but he or she should actually level a char there and not just pop up out of nowhere, as this can completely kill of the economy and community.

2 Likes