Thralls mistakes

In this war you can hardly seperate that.

Then why is Magni sending us on so many quests to stop other people from using azerite as a weapon? He even says how it is a shame they are using it to harm the planet instead of helping it.

I’m arguing that you are wrong saying Gallywix is an “asset” to the horde. He’s as much an asset like Nerzuhl was an asset for the old horde.

Don’t know about that…
Dude managed to industrialise the Horde war effort to the point it started creating weaponised suits able to counter both the gnome and the Lightforged technology, effectives and means of transport capable of deploying troops and neutralising other menaces like the blood trolls, funding for most of the war effort, and a personally helped settle instant outposts across Drustvar.

Seems like quite the contribution. Even in Before the Storm, it’s him the one Sylvanas turns to in order to boost her military.
For good or ill, and in his own way, he is the Hordes equivalent to Gelbin.

Regarding Azerite, yes, Magni speaks about it loud and clear. But to this day, I fail to see how that is actually harming the planet.
In fact, wasn’t he revealed to be but a pawn that pumped the necklace for the lone purpose of freeing Nzoth? It’s not as if his criteria is bulletproof. Anyway, this part is more of a rant towards how badly has Blizzard signalled the issue with Azeroth. He is probably right.

But going back to Gallywix, I still fail to see how his particular contribution is in any way worse than the one coming from other leaders that are about as eager or ready to use Azerite weaponry.

4 Likes

It’s more complicated than just blaming Thrall.

Laying the blame on this one dude shouldn’t be used to justify the agency of others. Garrosh and others should be held accountable for their own actions. ‘You made me do it’ is an excuse that a teenager would use.

Also, holding a grudge against Thrall denies him an opportunity to complete a character arc. The Thrall we saw in the last month is different from the Thrall that fled from Orgrimmar.

Is it entirely Thrall’s fault?

3 Likes

garrosh was thrall’s responsibility and rather then fix it when he could he ignored it he didn’t act until it was far to late and the world paid the price

1 Like

Thrall’s decision to have the Orcs settle in a desert to atone for crimes that the younger generation of Orcs had no part in was a HUGE mistake which gave Garrosh viewpoint initial legitimacy.

Garrosh in his Heart of war short story was completely correct.

I am suprised that a sizable number of Orcs did’nt say f this dung i am not going to suffer for something i did’nt do especially after i just saved the world from the burning legion.

2 Likes

…what was the alternative, though? They are alien invaders. It’s not like there was much unsettled land to be had. And the Orcs were at their weakest at that time. Just a bunch of homless guys, fresh from the work camps where they lived a live of lethargy. No strongholds, no legitimate claims, and not really well equipped. Would you have those guys challenge the Night Elves? I mean, they have been punching bags, sure, but there are things that even they can defeat.

1 Like

There where alternatives other then settling the Orcs in a desert which would not have involved the Orcs fighting the Night Elves.

Had Thrall made the decision from a practical standpoint i would have no issue with it.

But he did’nt he made the decision to “atone” for crimes that most of the Orcs at that time had no part in.

Garrosh was competely right in that younger Orcs who had nothing to do with WC 1 & 2 should not have to suffer for crimes they had no part of.

2 Likes

Which ones? Duskwallow, which was arguably worse than Durotar? The Barrens which… well, are barren? Moving in with Trolls and Tauren, which totally wouldn’t lead to a ressource conflict in the future? I don’t see the alternative you are talking about that was known back then.

Thrall may claim that he chose Durotar, but I don’t see that he had a choice at all after he landed in Kalimdor. But it’s always nice to feel in control, I guess, so let’s just believe his claim that he actively sought out a desert to atone…

No, the only alternative to crappy places that weren’t really made for sustaining large populations of people was war.

is usefull land nearby,(not just the nelf lands in north) and a sea aswell. setttles in middle of a desert.

aslo (unless its rectonned) when horde needed lumber and nelfs wouldnt give it,after failed negoiation due twilights hammer in cata. Garrosh actully went to take it as they needed it for the upgraded ogrimar after elemental attack.

And garrosh ordered the upgrade of ogrimar with steel(purely wood isnt going to do well vs fire in middle of a dessert with basicly no water nearby imeadtly)

The Barrens would have been a better choice.

More fresh water supplies more arable land and bigger then Durotar.

The barrens are barren compared to other regions but not to durotar.

Garrosh as flawed as he was was a doer when confronted with a problem he activelly worked to fix it.

Tiragarde Keep and northwatch hold where longstanding issues that Thrall did nothing about.

Many of the issues that Garrosh would later take advantage of are a result of Thrall’s inaction.

Thrall did’nt make Garrosh but his inaction left festering open issues that Garrosh had to deal with when he was warchief.

2 Likes

…where exactly do you get that? Because there are two Oases? I mean… they are literally called Oases, implying that the land around them is really, really, really crappy. So… what exactly is your comparison between the Barrens and Durotar based on?

Cycle of Hatred has essentially been retconned, but in there it said that Durotar produced surplus crops for trade and didn’t even really have to rely on fishing at all to feed its populace. But even discounting that, the orcs lived there for 7 years or so, with supply problems only becoming an issue when the Cataclysm flooded their best farm lands (permanently, it seems…). Right next to a big sweetwater river, I might add…

Sorry, but you’re pulling that out of your butt.

Gallywix should be Warchief.

2 Likes

But he’s right tho. Thrall created the problems by staying inactive and making his successors pick up his pieces. Like Kreia from Star Wars said
“Apathy is death. Worse than death even. At least a rotting corpse still feeds some predators.”

Not what I am arguing against at the moment. I didn’t make the general point about Thrall’s leadership, I made the specific point about “choosing” Durotar as a new home.

1 Like

Gallywix would be a great warchief he’ll fund any war by taxiing the citizens to death :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.