Threads or Campaign?

Hey.

Just finished bastion and i’m already 56.

Wondering if it’s a good idea to go threads for the last 4 levels or just go on to the maldraxxus campaign?

and what do you even do in threads of fate? this is the first alt i’ve lvled since launch

Stick with the campaign, it’s considerably faster. With ToF, you do world quests, various objectives (defend X area, etc), and can spam dungeons. It’s… boring.

Yeah, that’s why i did not try it, but thought maby it would be faster to push the last few levels with the covenant abilties… or something :smiley:

You should go threads, it is much faster than normal campaign and you are free to choose which content you wanna do, besides you get renown while leveling via Threads.

5 Likes

Campain up to 55 then switch to threads and spam queue dungeons. Its the fastest way. Xp gain from campain drops off significantly after 55.

3 Likes

Level via Archeology.

1 Like

Threads allow you to drop the boring, poorly written campaign that you forget 1hour after completing, so it’s easy choice.

1 Like

I don’t do this personally but I have read it elsewhere, so it’s a good warning: If you continue with the campaign then do so until level 59, then switch to Threads. Otherwise you will be locked into completing the campaign in Revendreth before you can do level 60 content.

That’s been fixed by now, you can switch to ToF at 60, I was told.

And so the story, except maybe Ardenweald …

I have done both ways.

Threads for getting to 60 is way, way, faster than campaign.

Yeah it might be boring but it is faster. Yeah the map might not be as open as doign campaign but if all you care about is getting to 60 fast then threads is the way to go.

Dungeeeeoooonnnnsss.

i would say threads especially if you’re a tank or healer, cause you get your cov spells and can spam dungeons… the only downside is the bonus objectives clog up your maps after hitting 60 xD hope they remove them xD

I like to switch it up. Some characters do campaign, some do Threads. Depending on how I feel about the character, and if I had just completed the campaign on an alt.

personally, before reading these comments i would have said that unless you wanted to level a gathering profession, do the campaign. i’ve started threads on 5 alts, and campaign on 1 alt, and the campaign alt whizzed to 54 in a short time while i was talking to a friend on discord. 4 of the 5 threads alts are stuck at 52. the anomaly is my dk that somehow got to 60 quite fast with mainly ore/herb gathering and a couple of dungeons. so honestly i am confused, but the speed at which my warrior got to 54 through the campaign, i was going to do the campaign for every other alt i lvl.

do you? i’ve not received any on 7 alts yet pre 60 :\

i thought i could start working on the covenant base, but seems i was unable to until i hit 60 with my dk.

Yup, 4 renown levels for each zone 100% which is equal to 2 weekly renown quests.

1 Like

Campaign may be faster, but after doing it once the first time I never touched it again because it was horribly boring, 50% of the time spent listening to npc talking and the other 50% spent following slow npcs. Never again.
Threads is slower but at least you can play the game.

1 Like

That’s strange. You should be able to accept a quest from Kah-…something or something in Oribos, at the table map, to go to one of the zones. You then travel to the zone and hand that quest in, get a new quest to fill a bar up by doing activities in said zone, which then will reward you with a weapon. After doing this, you get another quest from that zone person to return to Kahwhatsherface and receive an emblem of renown, before picking your next zone.

1 Like

I think Campaign is faster for pure-dps classes. I pretty much did the campaign on mage an rogue. On paladin(prot) did the threads and it was fast enough…cause I could spam dungeons for insta queues as tank/healer.

1 Like

Oh I did forget to mention that you cannot level purely with the campaign quests, there are some level gates around 53 and… 55? You need to do a few side quests or bonus objectives in order to reach those.