Time jump after BFA

Unless we will see end of this expension leading to a sudden shadowlands or Black empite expansion, Id really like to see Wow having a time jump between expansion as a some kind of soft reset to the lore.

We can start the New expansion with New racial leaders at least for Trolls and Orcs Who dont have one. We can see Gilneas being retaken, Nelves and Forsaken having built a New home. Suramar being more open to world.
Assuming time jump is in a brief peaceful era we can see New generation blooming since it is a constant question how there are still living beings are around as we die constantly in constant battles. Even in more establish races we can have younger People gaining ranks and old People retiring like Eitrig, Shaw, Velen

2 Likes

Good for the story, bad for RP, definitely too much effort for Blizzard to update the whole quest experiences and update all relevant NPCs.

6 Likes

there was a controversial discussion about this, as to the versus of dicsussion between how much time should logically jump, and if Azeroth really is a rubbish place to exist in because year after year, there’s always some new threat to eat alll up.

wimbert tho says it right. if blizzard wont bother stating proper time stamps, i dont know if they’ll be bothered to do a soft world reset. even if it could be ‘good’.

1 Like

Nah.
It would be easier to make a new game From scratch.

1 Like

Its already kind of strange that in RL, 14 or 15 years have passed since vanilla, while lorewise its only around 8. Garroshs Fall in Mop for example supposedly happended only 3 years ago. (For the characters, at least)

this is where continuity has a form of strength.

if we had villains that extensively lasted for more than a year, with plots and interesting points to discover to question our thoughtpoints about them, then the timeline would feel more
 appropriate.

they did this with gul’dan, but i felt they could’ve done more.

If Expansions were longer with more Elaborate Story elements, no rushed stuff.
Or even Features the game would be more Enjoyable.

Yes please. And I would say it would be nice for RP (well, particularly for long lived races hehe)

Know what would be nice for rp? High elves.

2 Likes

My opinion on playable High elves have gone back to neutral now that the most rabid elements have left, actually. But nice try son.

Suramar betrayed the Alliance.

1 Like

yawn in ten characters

Your art rules.

Well, now that’s downright rude.

You made me do it, female Runas the Shamed.

edit: Rude what? I have no clue what you are talking about.

You know, it’s actually kind of funny when you didn’t left the page and you can see the edit in real time. That’s one advantage of that new forum I guess. x)

Also, Runas was sad. I’m sad again now.

1 Like

I bet he had a wife and babies back in Suramar

I think Gilneas is already retaken, it’s just
No quests nor story about it seems, but from what I heard they have taken it back. ( but come on we need quests about it? )

I don’t see what is the problem with that, OP. Lord of the Rings is one of the most iconic and popular high fantasy genres but the main storyline happens in roughly one year. Game of Thrones is the most watched TV series in the world and each season lasts one year, just like every World of Warcraft expansion (bar Cataclysm, which lasted 2 years). Literally every major RPG has stories that take place in a few years.

A 20 year jump and then boom warcraft 4

1 Like