Time to return/Purchase a machine capable of running WoW in its current state

Hi there,

first off I apologise if this post isn’t in the correct location!

I’ve been away from the game for a fair while, my computer is very out of date and its really taken the fun out of the game. However, I’ve found myself in a position to upgrade… I’m aware WoW isn’t necessarily the most demanding game in terms of specs - but i also want to make sure i don’t go out and buy the wrong thing. I’m basically after a laptop as i travel a lot, up to around the £500-£600 mark that will run both Modern and Classic WoW to a satisfactory, non-jittery level… I’m not fussed about it being graphically the best, as long as it runs the game cleanly at a graphics setting it can handle.

Sadly I know nothing about the tech side!

thanks for any help/suggestions you can give!

I’m not sure a laptop up to £600 is going to be feasible.

Here are the current and minimum and recommended specs:

8.1.5 made changes to multithreading which apparently makes the game run smoother on higher end machines, but I know for sure it made the game impossible to run reliably on my just-below-low-end machine, and I had to buy a new PC to keep up.

I would look for i5, GTX 1050, 8GB as the main components of an absolute minimum PC, and I’m not sure you’ll get those in a laptop at that price. There will be AMD equivalents, but I can’t speak to what those are. I would suggest a 256GB SSD as well - it can make a huge difference to loading screens - but that would definitely blow your budget.

From reports of people who have tried Classic, it is much, much lighter on hardware requirements than BfA, so if you can get into BfA at all, you should be fine in Classic.

1 Like

Laptop gaming is really bad (I also have gaming laptop).
Overheating
Dusting
Maintenance problems
Short life
Keyboard sucks

Still go with laptop with nvidea1060 at least
8gb ram at least (16gb if u can afford it)
New generation i5 processor is enough
In 600 pound you won’t get solid state drive(if you get it then something is compromised)

Start searching with Dell Inspiron laptop and check review/comparision on youtube.

1 Like

Unless your going on any trips to USA soon (which you might since you said you travel), your not going to be able to get something new in that price range with what you need in uk

As the others said you will generally want i5 8300h and gtx 1050 ti and 8gb ram, or even better i7 8750h and gtx 1060 and 8gb ram

1 Like

Best to question why you’re considering buying a laptop for WoW, unless you’ll be doing more with the machine than playing WoW.

A computer for playing WoW should ideally be a desktop unit; if WoW is a supplementary reason for getting a portable machine, then you’d realistically be looking at a machine 4-5 times more expensive than you need it to be for the other ‘portable reasons’.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.