Timeskip details (?)

Hello all!
I already made a thread about a timeskip but , as everyone seems to be speculating it will definitely happen, do you think the alleged timeskip will be so big as to bring about the events of the Anduin/Velen comic? Like 60+ years? Or do you think it’ll be like some years, not that many: 10 years at most?

Erm… I don’t. And I didn’t in your other thread. I feel like I should be part of everyone. They have the tools to do a time skip. But so did they on Argus, for instance, and they didn’t use it. Ion didn’t just allow for a time skip, when he said that time moves differently in the Shadowlands, he also created a loophole to avoid the consequences, when he said that it’s not linear, and can’t just be calculated. So roughly no time skip is perfectly possible in lore.

And… I just don’t see them remaking all the old zones at once. So… without a whole world remake… what would we gain by a time skip? Some offscreen character progression? I don’t think we need more than the usual 2 years an addon lasts for that.

3 Likes

I agree with you. The reason why I am so against it and this issue has been bothering me is that most characters would have off-screen development and I want to see IT, you know?
I am glad you, with all that style, cute moustache and wonderful name understands me!

Totally. For me as a role-player those characters that would have to be developed off-screen sadly include my own player-characters, who wouldn’t be with the Maw-Walker, which also makes it quite personal for me. I mean, I watched their development step by step for almost a decade.

3 Likes

Possibly, there are couple of things to consider though.

First that how much time difference is there in Shadowlands and Azeroth. Jaina seems to be trying to escape Maw so many times she lost the count (and honestly make me doubt hiw they didnt lose their sanity). So taking that in account and how long we will stay there will determine timeskip.

2ndly Anduin is in Shadowlands which means he wont age at same pace as the rest on Azeroth.
So for that to happen we need to get him out, maybe after the Maw intro. Havent seen him anywhere in Shadowlands so maybe some of them manage to leave.

Also (tinfoil hat) putting Turalyon as a new leader is intentional. Him being in charge solves the High King problem with Alliance, brings opportunities for the faction at whole. And it seems Blizzard has already started on the path of conflict.

Where Night Elves are not ok with Anduin’s politics - ever-so-doubious peace treaty. The drama stirring inside the walls of Stormwind. Gnomes will be busy in newly aquired Mechagone city.

Alliance devided ever so much it will set up for “no more factions” idea, where Blizzard will slap 40£ and include in new expansion.

Anduin will have boney premonition in Shadowlands and decides to Thrall the Alliance. Where we will aid him fighting for the light. Which will be new deviding gameplay system rather then old factions.

Horde players will rage to have manduin in charge if Light force and it will be fun times to be alive.

bins tinfoil hat

At this point we can only speculate if there is a timeskip at all and what the next threat will be about. In other words, my guess is as good as yours.

I speculate however that there will be a timeskip and we will see a new world revamp. As for what the major threat, I think High Exarch Yrel (AU) and her forces will invade Azeroth with the help of Scarlet Brotherhood.

The reason why I think Scarlet Brotherhood will be involved is the manifesto found in Trisfal Glades:

Some time ago I actually had an idea regarding this problem. Essentially if we return we would only explore two areas in Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms meaining probably the Horde-territory around Orgrimmar (Durotar, Barrens, Aszhara, maybe Eastern Ashenvale) as well as the Kingdom of Stormwind (Elwynn, Redridge, Westfall, Duskwood) but with all zones having been upscaled in size. Meaning the Kingdom of Stormwind alone would be the size of Kul Tiras+a fourth zone.

After that content-patches (like 10.1 could be Stranglethorn Vale or all of Ashenvale) or entire expansions would allow us to slowly rediscover an HD-Azeroth.

(This has nothing to do if I am for or against a time skip. It was just an idea I was kicking around.)

I guess that’s possible… but I don’t think that’s what most people who want a remake are interested in. A big part of wanting a remade world is to make the world they loved in Classic relevant again. And a very big part of that world was that everything was connected. Learning about what happened in Kingdom Stormwind without learning what the situation one tram ride away in Ironforge is, would be totally missing the mark for me.

1 Like

Apparently it is going to be timeskip in sl itself. It can be seen that we open the portal in starting quest and dks there say that they fight for days now. SO apparently days on azeorht are weeks in shadowlands

In the Belluar interview, around 6m15s, Ion says that there is no time dilation thing going on in the Shadowlands. But people within the Shadowlands might percieve time differently, and two years might have felt like a dozen. Yeah, that’s totally what he meant the first time.

Alas, it doesn’t seem like he left much wriggle room, the Shadowlands will not be usesd as a justification for a time skip. So, I guess that’s it with that speculation.

3 Likes

Loved it. It’s an excuse to make characters develop in the SL without making them all be 80028838291 years old lol

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.