Tired of being against Russians all the time

I don’t know. Blame Blizzard. It’s their forum after all

oh im no blaming you mate. believe me, i wont blizz off blame when its their issue lol

The game has low sub numbers right now ,so by removing the RUS from the EU match it will be so wrong.
Queues for hours literally.

I saw a video earlier on YouTube and if there’s 1 thing i agree with it’s about that kind that (and i quote) “complain after every expansion, Every patch, Every slight change they crawl out of the dark recesses of the game and start talking about World of Warcraft is a dying or dead game. Forget the fact that there’s still millions people playing WoW. Forget the fact that WoW is still one of the most played games in the entire world. Man… screw that! WoW is a dead game. No one’s playing it. It’s clearly dying. And these people get a hard on every single time a new MMO comes out because they get to say that this new MMO (whatever it might be) is going to finally be the WoW-killer… Well, they’ve been talking about that since Age of Conan, Guild Wars 2, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Warhammer and it’s the same damn story everytime. WoW just keeps on going and going. It keeps on growing and even when it starts falling behind, it tends to kick itself in the rear and go back up. So sure… WoW has lost some subscribers, but it’s still a massive game and it is nowhere near the grave. Not yet.”

WoW was played by millions in the past. Right now its just… super bad spot and it seems that instead of thinking what to do and how to make the game fun again the devs does not care.

I know it had many more subs. Infact they had millions, yes.
And to be honest, it’s a shame really. But like i said above
“It’s nowhere near the grave. Not yet”

i think honestly blizzard are massaging the numbers. there are 4 things to take into account:

1. overall numbers
  2. interactable numbers
  3. active numbers
  4. unique players

firstly, the overall numbers, as they have not released anything since WoD (2015). that almost 4 years ago.

secondly, the “interactable” numbers. ie. a NA player cant play with a EU player, so having 10million NA players means nothing to the EU player if there are only 100 EU players.

The playerbase estimates are 1 million each in US and EU. thats 2 million, with another 2-2.5 million estimated between China, Korea and Taiwan. the stated number for wow back during late tbc early wotlk is 12M. but does anyone know did this 12M back then include China, Korea and Taiwan, and to what ratio? (honest question, i always thought China never started playing WoW until WotLK due to all the skulls and undead having to be re-edited to their liking)

so, has the sub number dropped from 12M to 4.5M, or 12M to 2M?

ALSO then, the “ACTIVE” numbers. i am still compiling a survey of my server to get an idea of the number of people playing. i have noticed that blizzard, at least on armory, deem a toon inactive after almost 3 years not online. now, that obviously is useless to a player playing now and after the BfA exodus. anyone who has been offline for more than a couple of months usually has a chance of staying away a long time, so including them in active numbers is a fallacy. also, i dont know HOW blizz deem inactivity. if a toon is not used for 3+ years, BUT other toons are used on that account (a new main, and hence active sub), is that original toon deemed inactive (cause it is) or active (cause the account is active). if it is the later, then that makes the overall situation FARRRRRR more dire that any of us realise.

and lastly, “unique players”. i (somehow) have 47 toons. i have 16 semi active horde toons that will usually get played on and off over the course of 2 weeks. i also have 16 alliance toons that dont see anywhere as much attention, and are there mainly to have more toons to farm on. the other 15 or so were my original toons i recovered from the start of TBC recently, and dont get played so are inactive.

so, i have 32 toons, but i am only 1 player. what does blizz count me as in their numbers, and in the numbers of sites like realmpopultaion? am i 1 or 32.

i have yet to finish these numbers, but there are about 30K toons on ghostlands/dragonblight, but so far, out of the 27K i’ve gone through, it looks like only 16.65% of that are 111 or higher. 20.49% have most likely quit at the end of Legion, as they are between 101 and 110. with another 15.78% quitting during/at the end of WoD (91-100). the largest subsection is 1-60 which, at 24.9% is hard to know if they are lvling or if they have quit, but either way dont help players at end content, which is THE content.

out of the 26823 toons i’ve surveyed, blizz deems only 6352 of them afk (or under level 9) which is 23.68%. but like i said, blizz count toons inactive if they have not been played for nearly 3 years. the large amount of players who stooped at 110 (and likely quit before BfA) being 20.49%, means that the ACTUAL number of inactive players is FAR higher than 23.68%, and could be double, or even triple that.

now, this is only data from 1 server (2 linked), but im sure we are not unique. this is probably the same on all low pop servers, and most medium pop. even on full pop servers the exact numbers are hard to know as there will be lots of alts/players who are no longer used.

Like i said multiple times by now:

Yes, WoW has lost some subscribers. Yes, it use to be alot more but is WoW death? Not quitte.
Many players are not ready to give up on WoW just yet (including me)

Personally, i think (and some of them may agree with me, others may not) storywise, World of Warcraft has been the best game ever. I absolutely love the cinematics too so no problem there either.
I mean, i haven’t seen much other games that had a great storyline just as great as WoW has.
I, myself Tried Aion. Did’nt really like it. I tried Conan and i did’nt really like it either.
World of Warcraft & Star Wars: The Old Republic are the only MMO’s i absolutely love.
The Star Wars one is mainly because i am a huge Star Wars fan myself so i guess that’s kinda understandable then.

But other then that, i think the rest of the MMO’s just plain suck.
But that’s just me.

I just came by to check if EU kids are still crying because they are getting farmed by RU premades or non premades and they find this excuse about ‘OMG RUSSIANS’ to cover their lack of skill.

So many threads about russians but i havent seen any thread about german/spanish/french or any other nationality at all.

Seems like threads like these will never get old.
Stop crying , get good , excuses are for kindergarden

I cant imagine if you are so soft and fragile in game how you look like irl.

3 Likes

I think you, and many players in your position are missing the key point here. WoW IS (or at least appears to be) dying. no its not dead, and it may be several years until the game is finally over, but there are some fundamental problems here.
my numbers above show that we are in a declining state, and may be a LOT further along than we think we are. blizzard need to accept the fact of where we are, and embrace it. not hide it behind false numbers (release numbers on new expansion release, release numbers on new patch release, release numbers on new offer (6 month sub boat) ) etc etc.

There are some MASSIVE issues that are effecting WoW’s health. ignore them, and the game will continue to decline to its death. embrace them, accept them, and fix them, and the game could prosper for a magnitude longer time than it would otherwise. and, maybe even grow? the guy above mentioned long pvp times. what would it be like, if we had an influx of another 2 million players in the NA/EU realms? wouldn’t that be a good thing for the game? but why are those 2 million players not playing? cause they once DID (hence 12M sub count in 2008). its cause the game is ailing. what it needs is to be operated on. not told to walk it off.

i agree with your 3rd paragraph. WoW does have an amazing story, and thats just the ingame stuff. the cinematic’s are also great. most other MMO’s have failed because they tried to be WoW, or just a flashier WoW. thats why they failed. and on top of that, WoW have taken things from other games, but in a watered down fashion, to try stay on top. so WoW is one of the best MMO’s out there. but they are relying on peoples nostalgia and addiction to the game now. some people just cant see this or wont accept it. and to that end, they will never be able to contribute in ways to make the game better.

first acknowledge there is a problem. THEN solve it.

you really have nothing to contribute do you and are just trying to wind people up. i would also bet you’ve not read any of the last 8 posts (esp my last one). only ONE person mentions russian servers, and it is actually in a POSITIVE way!

removing russians = long queue time = positive comment!

also, you show NO knowledge of the situation by mentioning Spanish and French servers. the reason why no one mentions theses, is because they are ALREADY integrated in with EU servers for pvp. same as Portuguese and Italian. and people talk about the German servers in the same way.

at least in this topic, you have nothing of note to add except throwing out your own “get gud” comments.

1 Like

It’s just that people are getting tired (including me) of people hearring and reading things like
“WoW is dying”, “WoW is death” or anything along those lines.

They’ve been saying that for many years now. Week in week out there’s at least one thread starting on this forum where someone mentions that either WoW is dead or WoW is dying.

Yeah, sure… WoW has lost some subscribers
but for now, it’s still going so it’s not dead yet. And we don’t need to be reminded of it every single week.

This is my second toon, gearing towards CP cap. I’ve played exclusively BGs for the past 3 months, daily. I have yet to see a French, German or Spanish premade.

i can get where you’re coming from, because most of what i see of that type of thread, they are just ringing the doom bell with no evidence. WoW IS NOT in a healthy state now, and if it continues, it could be considered dying. but people yelling “wow’s dying, wow’s dying” with no ideas on how to fix it are not helping anything and are ACTUALLY numbing people to the real issues that need to be addressed to keep the game healthly. they are basically crying wolf, and people like you, understandably, are tired of them.

but with the research i’ve done on my server, it is clear that things are bad. it is actually sad looking at some guilds. you can see the MOMENT they “died”. a guild with 70~ toons, and 50~ are level 100, or 110, then you see no higher, you KNOW that guild died at the end of WoD (100) or Legion (110). its like you can carbon date these guilds for when they died and it is sad seeing that staring you in the face :frowning:

we have to be honest. 8M~ lost subs is not some. thats like 66% nearly.

exactly. there are no spanish or french premades. and i am not sure i personally have seen a german one, though many people say otherwise. i honestly do so much unrated pvp, i dont remember specific events like that, and i also dont care who the opponent is, which is why im less likely to notice if they are german or russian cause im playing to win. if only others played to win :frowning: lol

My stance on the matter about people still complaining in 2019-

1 Like