Titanforge was a genius move

Titanforge was a genius move
Imagine if you did 14 m+ keys and receiving not 3 trash items, but you gout lucky received at least 1 titanforge item from them, you would be so happy. you would be happy that you dont grind 14 keys for nothing. You feeling yourself better you feel that your char have good improve that worth your time, you always have a hope that you will receive super bis titanforge item, without a hope you cant live, and you cant live without hope for a good titanforge epics. Your char not improving, your time spent in a grind absolute worthless. You dont have a hope, you dont have a dream to build geared monster character. Its boring to always receive casual loot. Blizzard please return titanforge.

22 Likes

Titanforging was trash, if that would return I would quit.

34 Likes

Yes we where happy back then because the game was rewarding, when the forum warriors stike though blizzard has to listen after a while so they did.

Now we do M+ and get 0 loot with the hope we will get a 0.3% upgrade at the end of the week from the vault.

You say it trash because you are 227 by getting these really fat PVP loots, the op is talking about M+ though. You already get the fattest gear ingame and not from M+, therefore since you dont play it what it drops is not of your concern as what pvp drops is not mine :slight_smile:

4 Likes

If you call lottery ā€œgeniusā€ weā€™re on very different planes of reality.

18 Likes

The minimal raid and M+ loot atm is a worst kind of lottery.

9 Likes

If you call titanforging a ā€œlotteryā€ means you are in different phase of logic.
If lotteries worked like TF they would bankrupt in a week.

4 Likes

You donā€™t get to decide what is and is not my concern. Iā€™ve made my stance clear: for me, tf destroyed the game. If it returns, I am out. It was garbage and should stay in the trash can.

12 Likes

You dont get to decide what drops in content you dont play, as all not entitled people do.
But i guess you where one of the PVP whiners in BFA that cried out loud for PVE having better loot and enjoying fat loot now.

The current system destroyed the game, look at the subs drop

10 Likes

Where do you want to look at subs number? They are not being published.

I am in favor for a better loot system for m+, but not titanforging.

7 Likes

It quite simply gave players the incentive to do more content.

Having the valor points back is nice too, though would have prefered both systems where titanforging is just a free bonus of valor upgrades that may reach the max cap.

People can get good estimates from recorded runs done in a week from various webpages like wowprogress and rioā€¦ Unfortunately blizzard is also going out of their way to mask the correct population numbers.

I loved the Titanforge system as well.
It provide me a change to get higher ilvl gear from content i could do and that what made it good for me.
I think it could apply in shadowlands as well but with some tweak so the ilvl wont be that higher. I could get that an 200 ilvl could go with TF up to 205 and give higher chance for adding socket/avoidance/speed or leech.

1 Like

I hate any and all RNG forging, from tetriary stats to sockets to ilvl to corruption
It drained the absolute life out of the game for me, 8.3 was a clown patch
My investment in the game would drop to a negative number should it return

It is just like lottery. And people like it because itā€™s addictive. Itā€™s that false sense of hope that drives people like you, expecting max rewards for minimal effort.

Lottery works on the same principle, the hope of great reward for a small price.

Except its not. The lottery system is drop rates itself. You get the item or not.

Titanforging on the other hand is just a small bonus on top of that drop rate.

To compare it to real life.
You have a slot machine (drop rng) that gives you a singular predefined reward varying from $100-$150 (because that is the difference between bad piece of gear and good one)

And what titanforging did was simply make rewards more fluid.
So $100 reward could become $102, $105, $110, $112, $115

It titanforges or not
It sockets or not
It gets a tetriary stat or not
Yes getting gear to drop is a lottery system, thatā€™s always been the case and itā€™s an acceptable level of RNG.
In general, every single layer of RNG forging is an extra lottery system on top of that, 1 is enough
15 corruptions with 3 layers each? thatā€™s 45 times as much RNG as just getting loot or not assuming itā€™d always give you something with corruption which didnā€™t happen
Titanforge being able to push 50 ilvls in increments of 5? 10 as much RNG as just loot

1 Like

Nice dodge, you can look on the forums here though abit more. That should tell you enough.

What forum whiners dont get is that titanforging gave players the chance to get fast loot and then play the game. Now at this current state for example me that i cleared HC the second week and quit on first boss mythic, i still have 3x207 items on me.

Back when titanforging was up, the second week i had decent gear and only needed the top ilvl pieces from M+ chest.

Once more, i get you are on the safe and priviledged side here of PVP that gets massive loot and 233 weps but still if doesnt fit you that doesnt mean its not a problem for the rest. Its not only YOU :slight_smile:

3 Likes

m8, you can explain TF however you want but ppl that are calling TF lottery are right.

(i) drop rng was still present so it was a lottery to even get the item you wanted, on top of getting that item you (ii) had to pray to the gods its the right item stat concerning, (iii) and on top of that, the right item should TF cause WF was crap and all you wanted was TF.

It was rng on top of rng. To use your slot machine - you have predefined reward varying from 90% bucks to 10% chance to get 100 - 250 bucksā€¦and the TF system let you get 100 bucks or 150 bucks ooor 250.

That was the feeling you got when you didnā€™t get TFed, and that was on daily basis. You do a dungeon -> nothing, again -> nothing, again -> item drops, its not TF = nothing -> again -> nothing.

Especially since the secondary stats at the time were worth more than primary so getting a notbis TF item = trash item.

At least SL got one thing right and that is that primary stat is THE stat to want. Concerning m+ loot, thatā€™s blizzards fault for nerfing drop rates to the ground and experimenting with loot systems to implement. Now after seeing pvp ā€œworksā€, oh lets invest in valor points which they should have introduced at start.

Bottom line, TF imo was utter crap cause it was based on double rng systems. Current system should be made effort based (collecting valor) + rng based in weekly chest where you can get 1 highest lvl item.

1 Like

Yes you, but theres a catchā€¦game is not revolving around you. Its an MMO, theres like more than 1 player in the game and most of the ā€œforum whinersā€ were getting crap or werent lucky.

Now add on top of that ppl that want to progress and to be able to min max they need to ā€œgetā€ that TF pieces no matter the cost and you suddenly realize its not all that peachy keen. Because min maxing requires THE piece of gear not A piece of gear.

And as stated earlier, when WF/TF was active secondary stats were beating primary stats by a lot so getting 200ilvl mastery hast wasnt in the slightest equal to 185ilv vers haste if you needed vers haste. Ppl were running lower ilvl gear cause it simmed higher and you did more dmg which was really frustrating

I dont know if you are aware of how the system worked but TF/WF where pretty common drops. It was not like corrupted items in S4 that had 1/10000000 chance to dropā€¦

I cant be getting all the TF/WF and everyone around me get nothing, as i said im still wearing 4 low pieces and im pretty sure im very bad with RNG.

1 Like