Titanforging[Carryover from US forums]

To be fair, Blizzard are reluctant to give any inside info, they don’t even sub numbers to be a public information. I really hate the secrecy it only adds to the tention between gamers and developers.

Blizzard doesn’t want to know either. I unsubbed somewhere in the first season, and I couldn’t give any response. It was just stop the payment and done.

I would like to see the results of the survey given to the unsubbed players. I also like to answer that survey. It was not given to me, despite of being unsubbed.

:joy::joy::joy: ?XD

pick dungeon

Is this a response? What are you trying to say? What is your point?

im saying - you pick a dungeon - ill tell you unique hard mechanic.

Is it that hard to do that yourself? What a waste of space :frowning: Useless posts.

:joy::joy::joy: good argument :+1::+1::+1:

I am personally against this system.

I liked it better when you had to do harder content to get better gear. That way I could always beat casuals in pvp and pve and if I had shown my skill, people didn’t mind taking me with them as a lower iLevel guy, it’ll get better with some more pieces.

But now I’m struggling more then ever getting some gear. I’m even struggling getting a decent guild but that has nothing to do with this…

They stopped gathering feedback from those who quit. At least according to those who have unsubbed and posted on the forums. Some will post why they are going on here but most just quit quietly.

“Unsubbing is often seen as the only ‘real’ way by players to express their displeasure in a way that affects the devs. However, one thing I’ve never known is how devs themselves react to this. Do you double down? Scrap plans? Abandon the game?”

There are a couple of different ways to answer this.

Developers do care if you stop playing their game and they want to know why. However, for games like WoW and LoL, the answers are almost always “I have less time to play now (job/school/family” and “My friends don’t play anymore.” (I’m basing that on having seen a lot of data - it’s not super open to debate.)

Dropping a game because of a specific design change (despite what you might read on forums / Reddit) is actually pretty rare. I know it happens, but if you’re stack ranking the reasons why people quit, those specific responses end up being so far down the list that it is hard for a development team to take actionable feedback. It’s really rare you see “Wow, that change we made cost us 10,000 players. Let’s revert it!” So overall, I would not advocate boycotting a game as a way to make a statement, especially if deep down you still love the game. You’re just not likely to drive change as a result.

I believe him.

While I sometimes facepalm hard at individual decisions, or even get temporarily outraged, I think people leaving is rarely due to specific individual issues.

Apart from real-life reasons and domino effects, it would be about a confluence of many design decisions making the game overall less compelling for people with particular tastes. And as the game gets less compelling, and you log in less, eventually you just some day stop bothering.

1 Like

Like you said yourself, this is your opinion. Everyone is free to have one of their own. Luckily for many of us, this game happen to have a variety of difficulty levels spanning from the most basic version of dungeons/raids etc. up to mythic levels or similar.

I should say that while I personally always aspire towards doing the highest difficulty levels of any type of content that I engage in simply because the challenge that comes with, is why I play this game. Repeatable content I usually stay away from whenever possible. Gear in itself, does not matter to me. It’s just there to allow for mythic raiding(again, this is my way of looking at it).
However, I can agree that the idea of implementing for example 5man dungeons into the game that has mythic only(or higher) mode, is not really in the games best interest anymore. Why? Well, we do have the M+ system for a reason. For those that don’t want to do a dungeon on it’s lowest/lower difficulties any longer than needed. We have a system that fixes this. A fairly good one I should say.

Now, every now and then you see people arguing that higher difficulties(mythic for example) are only there because people want to see bigger numbers.
This is, in most cases, about as far away from the truth as you can get. Most who get into any difficulty level above the very base ones do it because they want to see how far they can get, they want to face the additional mechanics and coordination requirements that comes with.

I’m pretty sure he hinted at the fact that he did not want it to be Mythic level ONLY(or higher). Even though he did not say it in those words exactly.

Spot on.

I think this, like Tahra said above, is very much dependent on who you ask. I know quite a few who love these additional islands and their part within the game. And I mean the islands as a concept/part of the story.

Nowadays I wouldn’t disagree if someone said to me that there are about as many opinions/preferences as there are people playing this game(or more even).

I think we’re getting a bit “off-topic” here guys. Please keep the discussion on point. Thanks.

If someone’s not interested in a particular type/level of content then that’s their right. I recommend discussions such as this one should be had somewhere else. Or better yet, not at all.

People tend to bring up whatever matters to them, either the most, or at all really.

I would say that if you make design decisions based on what people who quit the game say, even though what’s being said might very well be valid points, I’m arguing that this is doing it the wrong way.
Changes should come before people start to quit, and should be based on feedback given as early as possible.
Having said this, I also too believe that making changes based on feedback as specific as these ones might be, and then expecting it to be a guaranteed success is just wishful thinking. Designing a game to be perfect for everyone that plays it, is an illusion really. Why? Because not everyone thinks the same way. Likes the same things etc. etc.

1 Like

The only time I’ve ever seen them react to feedback was when significant numbers all cancelled their subscriptions because they wanted to remove flying. That’s it. That one event.

I was one of them. That was one of my rage quit moments :joy:

(It’s still valid to me though. Flying is important to me).

1 Like

Same I cancelled my sub giving removal of flying as the reason and got a refund on my Mystic Runesaber because they showed it flying in Shadowmoon Valley in their promo youtube ad vid thing, advertising under false pretenses.

I’m far from convinced that event was real. I think it was pre-planned. Too many fishy things about it.

My suspicion is that it was a way to get people to accept Pathfinder, while feeling relieved the flying situation wasn’t going to be even worse.

Which would mean that wasn’t an occasion where they reacted to feedback.

You missunderstand, I ment Zuldazar and Boralus, or whatever they are called, see how much I care?

I believe there are few ways to go about this. One of which could be so that it is hard to acquire 420-425 but you can get them. One way could be to remove warforging and titanforging completely up to a point however above a certain threshold provide it.

This compromise could stand so that you can acquire top end ilvl gear from top end level content. M15+ keystones, mythic raiding or 2100+ arena rating games wins and chests/caches.

Make it a surprise but make it so that you have to work for it and most importantly make it so you have to get good to get it. It provides progression based on working on your skills and if you cannot be bothered then thats fine too! In the meantime while you are working your way up, you would be getting better stated items anyway. People will find ways to cheese anything, for sure they will but this way they would have plucked a lot of lucky lukes out the RNG gift-aid.

Then the whole idea of the system in the first place falls apart.
No, TF should be attainable in virtually all types of content. Everyone should get a shot at it.

The answer imo is limiting the impact of the TF.

• Less ilvl: +20 max ilvl, with the base mythic raid ilvl being the max you could get with a tf. That would make it impossible to get better gear than mythic (so mythic raiders would feel much less compelled to farm gear in lower difficulties).
    Hell, for all I care they could make a special ‘mythic TF’: A chance, when doing mythic raid lvl content (and it’s equivalent M+ level) to get a TF proc that would add onto the normally maximum level of Mythic gear. That way mythic players can be extra special.

• No socket procs

I think these 2 changes would fix a lot of problems people have with the system.
Not all, sure, but let’s be honest; not everyone’s going to be happy regardless of whatever they would do.

No, I did not missunderstand you mate. I was perfectly aware of what islands you referred to(Zuldazar and Kul’tiras). The actual main zones/areas tied to BfA and it’s story.

If you thought I referred to Islands as in Island Expeditions, I most certainly did not. I haven’t met a single player who actually likes those(not saying no one does, just in my experience, none has so far). I’m not a fan of those either. I think they are quite horrendous.

Granted my only goal with them is acquiring AP. I mean sure, there are several different islands you can go to but still, if you’ve done one, you will not feel that it’s much different upon doing another one.

Personally, I can’t wait for the time when we go back to how acquiring AP worked during Legion. That system where you could essentially do w/e content you wanted and still get it, was A LOT better. Now, if we’ll ever actually see a change like this happen? Probably not.
I believe the Azerite-system overall is still deeply flawed. It was a nice concept originally, until we actually got some version of it to play with. Big part of this for me is the level requirements to be able to activate traits on higher difficulty pieces. The idea that just because you killed a boss on heroic, or mythic level, you will have to farm X amount of additional WQs or Islands etc just to be able to use the pieces compared to if you get the same piece from normal difficulty.

Imagine if Tier-sets when they were a thing had requirements such as these. “Oh, you got your mythic tier chest? Awesome! Now, if you want to be able to make use of it’s set bonuses you first have to farm this, this and this.”

Anyways, getting off-topic myself. The effects we’ve seen from Azerite within the game and the general opinion of the players is a whole other discussion, that, much like this one about Titanforging, has been argued to death.

In most cases such as this one, peoples opinions vary. If you ask me, with each new tier/patch and with each time the ilvl cap is raised to a new max. I strongly believe that the hardest content should guarantee the best possible gear, purely because if you engage in said content, your goal is to be as strong as possible in order to help your team/guild. And when your actual level of strength/stamina relies sooo much on RNG, it takes away a lot of motivation towards helping your guild.

How it used to work before the introduction of these additional RNG-based upgrade systems. Like I’ve said several times in this thread, there ARE many upsides with this system for some players. But for others, not so much. Changes CAN be made to make it better suit a wider range of playstyles.

Overall quite far from the reason(s) as to why mythic players argue for changes to the WF/TF-system. If there’s any type of change I think would be hurtful towards the game and the playerbase it would be something like this.

I’m all in for making the hardest difficulty levels of content reward items/gear at their best as a guarantee. I’m also fine with difficulties below this to have a small chance for you to be able to receive a high ilvl piece as well.
But, if you in general have your target set on doing the hardest content and you’re reliably working your way through it, then you should not feel that it is worth doing lower difficulties over and over again because it could even be as effective as mythic in regards of acquiring MAX ilvl pieces.