Titanforging[Carryover from US forums]

That’s a fascinating concept and I’d love to know how many players would turn it on.

I legitimately might - if I swore off battlegrounds forever. Outside of that competitive environment, I’d prefer to know I was being rewarded according to my achievements, and I’d be much more likely to remember that happened because I got through a +10 in good time, rather than because it titanforged.

Which is what my suggestion does, doesn’t it? It REWARDS you (potentially extra) for actually playing the hardest difficulty. So I’m not sure what you’re talking about here.

Remember; with the +20 ilvl maximum I’m suggesting, you’re NEVER going to get mythic raid level items from LFR or Normal, for instance. Never. Only place that COULD happen, would be heroic raids (and certain mythic+ ranges) and then it would be capped at mythic lvl instead of going over. And with that ‘superduper special mythic TF’ I mentioned, that would ONLY be available in THE hardest content of the game, it would allow only those people to reach a post-mythic ilvl range.

Now if the pvpers for instance would think that a problem, have the same ‘mythic TF’ be able to happen in certain high end brackets of rated pvp.

Anyway, I think you’re misunderstanding what I meant.

I get this mate, the issue here was not with the actual reward in itself. It’s more the fact that you now would have the visuals of certain players walking around with far better gear than a large portion of the playerbase could ever get their hands on(unless they get into mythic as well). Considering the effects we’ve seen with the introduction of the current WF/TF-system and player opinions towards it, imagine if a parallel similar system would be introduced alongside it that would let certain players go even higher.
Many players nowadays expect to have a chance at getting max-ilvl pieces without needing to get into high-end M+ or mythic raids etc. If there is a set ilvl max that is unreachable(unless they start doing mythic, which they might not want to) for a large portion of the playerbase. What would the reactions be?

Besides, my whole reason for bringing this up is, I don’t want max ilvl drops to be dependent on RNG. If you engage in the hardest content, then the highest ilvl gear should be what drops from it.
This is mostly because I don’t like repetition. And when the amount of repetitive runs you have to go through in order to be “done” with the gearing process with each tier is increased by so much that to a point, it might not actually be possible(as you would depend on RNG entirely to get there), it really, imo, takes away much of what I like with the game. When the final boss goes down within a tier at the difficulty I engage in, that’s when I feel like I’m done. The only reason I keep doing repeated runs of the same tier is because I know that any potential extra gear I get is going to help us(the guild) in the long run, come next tier for example. But it does not mean that I like the repetition.

Well, for me; I wouldn’t care. I don’t go into normal, heroic or mythic raids. I don’t care what drops there or what people get as a reward for doing it.
All I care about is what I am getting for doing the content I enjoy. And a ilvl 20 chance with a TF is enough of a reward to me personally.

Well that’s fair. The reason I suggested the ‘mythic TF’ was so that mythic raiders wouldn’t get the argument of: ‘but TF drops everywhere except in mythic, that’s unfair’.

Like I said; there’s NO way to make everybody happy.

So far I’ve got 0 good titanforges in season 1 and one good titanforge in season 2.

And that “good” is a singular titanforge at +15. Nothing above it. Seen it happen but it’s extremely rare. And that’s while doing actual mythic and M10+ content.

So I find the discussion to be blown out of proportion by people who fall victim to their own confirmation bias when it comes to assessing how much it affects someone on average.

Other than that, I wouldn’t mind also getting back a deterministic way to forge items on your own instead of leaving it entirely up to RNG. With proper diminishing returns obviously. (and personally I’d like that ability to extend to timewarp items too, but I just like flavour when it comes to trinkets available.)

Deterministic forging would also solve the issue how some people have their BiS locked behind world quest rewards and an astronomical chance to forge upwards to 6-8 times.

In TBC I played a hunter and farmed SSC almost for half a year without the trinket from Leotheras ever dropping. In my guild we had 3 rogues and in a similar timeframe (8 months, we always cleared gruul in an off-day), only 1 of them had the trinket.

Similarly, in that same timeframe, the Zul’Aman introduction gave overpowered gear which helped people get into BT/MH who otherwise couldn’t.

Pretending that RNG is something new to the game is not helping anyone. No one ever trully “earned” exactly the gear they cleared content for.

Similarly to how others (not you) will overhype badge vendors even though they were literally useless to a person raiding and catered exclusively to casuals catching up, exactly like WF/TF does, in a different manner.

You perhaps would not, but many would. Which in turn could have a negative impact on the game. And the general view towards it.

While I agree with you that there is motivation as to why there should be a tighter cap towards how high items can actually titanforge. This is just my opinion. And like I’ve said earlier, A LOT of players would not want this because they want the best gear they can possibly get without the requirement to get into harder difficulties(for w/e reason(s) they might have).

And since this is not a single-player game, changes can’t just cater towards a single person. Or a single group if you wish.

Without stepping to far away from the subject of the thread, while still focusing on loot in itself and how it is/can be obtained.
Just last week my raid experienced something…less enjoyable with how the current Personal Loot-system is working.

What we basically got was this:
A player in the raid, got a pair of boots from Faction Champions(Boss 1 in BoD) on Mythic difficulty at 415ilvl. He also used a bonus roll about 15seconds after looting the 415 boots and got another pair of the same boots, now at 420 ilvl, with a socket. Guess which ones he decided to equip?

So, he got a pair of 420 boots with a socket that he pretty much instantly equipped. But he still could not trade the 415 version of said boots to someone else simply because at the time of receiving those, he hadn’t equipped anything with a higher ilvl in that item slot. Despite both versions of those boots being looted within a span of 20 seconds.

While, yes, according to the loot system, this is working as intended. But really, is this something that makes the game better? There’s literally NO upside to have it work like this.
To be clear, I’m NOT saying that the whole idea of Personal Loot is bad, just that, much like the WF/TF-system, there are aspects that are completely insane, that does not make sense considering this is a game that overall, is based on group content and being part of a team.

While I guess, some mythic raiders would actually say something like this. At the same time, personally, I would never do so. If I engage in the hardest content and put in the time required, why would I want more uncertainties beyond what was there before? Why would I want to further delay the gearing process? Because you can get a higher ilvl over time? Yeah, the next tier we get will have the same effect anyway.

At the same time, I’ve seen some players getting several max-ilvl(or near max) TF items within the same run.

Like I said, what someone else gets in terms of ilvl on an item compared to me is of less importance. For me, it’s more about, I already do Mythic raiding, the hardest/most time-consuming version of raiding in WoW there is. If that does not award more certainty/assurances, if it still in the end comes down to if you’re lucky or not, then what’s the point? As someone who sets out to acquire gear/items only to further help his raid/guild and does not care for the big numbers to satisfy his own ego, having this uncertainty even at mythic level makes no sense.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.