Titanforging, masterloot, etc... Blizzard you're killing the game

Vanilla awaits you.

No, you don’t that again is a common misconsepction.

Boosts in WotLK were against the ToS, so it is lucky your entire guild didn’t get baned.

Not for ingame gold they weren’t.

Yes, they were. Plenty of people I know got baned for arena boosting for gold.

It is not a misconception, I’ve been there, I know the time it takes.

I’m not that excited about vanilla. Been there already. To be honest the current game would be better if they implemented their original ideas of end game content in it.

I get what you are saying, with the current class balance and raid encounters (hopefully the new raid does not need 15 warlocks and 8 monks), I agree that playing more than 1 class may be a necessity. But in general for the past 3 expansions it wasn’t. Every class, especially in Legion had atleast one very viable spec.

1 Like

I didn’t play Legion at all so I will take you at your word on that.

There is an alternative - do higher level content.

1 Like

Who says that? Know what the problem was, you guys weren’t even using ML. But once on a time far, far away you heard about a corrupt ML guild. Thus it has to disappear! About the gear it’s simple want higher? Run higher content, we gave plenty of alternatives but it’s always ignored or complained about you need to work for it (JP-VP badges vendor back along with using VP to upgrade the gear instead of RNG titanforging).

1 Like

It’s not an alternative if you don’t enjoy that type of content.

1 Like

Then you don’t need 370s in every slot and even 385+ gear since that content doesn’t require it. You don’t want to do any group content or harder content than LFR or an AFK front yet expect a chance or the same gear a HC or mythic raider gets? Guess what 10 people got after 3 weeks of progressing mythic G’huun? Not a single 385, yet a person could run Darkshore once and get a quarenteed 385. Rewards are out of proportion. That’s the main crutch with todays eternal catch up system. Introducing free 370-385 gear tommorow would have had nobody complaining, but we still had 1 a 1.5 months left of progressing Uldir.

Meslun.

What? I never even mentioned ML. I don’t give a damn about ML or PL.

Yeah there is a lot of complaining isn’t there. From the raiders. Who don’t think those alternatives should exists. There are alternatives for gear sure, but that’s not why I would run a LFR. Maybe for the transmog (even though I haven’t liked much of the newer designs), but mostly I would run LFR for THE STORYLINES that are concluded in raids. There’s no alternative for that. So LFR needs to remain where it is. Doing it on a harder difficulty is not an option: It’s a lockout. A barricade. A reason to leave the game.

You’re right. I don’t need it to do content.
But guess what; I’m playing an mmoRPG because I like many of the basic gameplay features such games have. One of them is character advancement. So even though I don’t like higher difficulties, I would still like my character to keep advancing. Otherwise the game just becomes stale and boring very fast.

So yeah, I don’t need those numbers, but I DO need (need in another sense) upgrades. Because upgrades are fun.

I agree and I never said otherwise.
I would be fine with lower and slower catchup mechanics.

I’m always amazed by that attitude. You want your character to progress without playing the game.

1 Like

No. That’s nonsense.
But this is a game with various endgame activities/systems. I don’t enjoy them all, so yeah I’d like to be able to advance my character playing the content I like.

That is NOT ‘without playing the game’. At all.

1 Like

You are not helping your argument when you do world quests, warfronts and LFR and call it “end game activities”.

1 Like

How so?
Because you don’t approve of those activities? Because they don’t fit into your view on what endgame activities are?

They ARE endgame activities. That’s a fact.

2 Likes

Ironic how you often accuse me of stating my opinion as a fact, yet you do the same. No, they are pre endgame activities. The type of stuff you do in order to get your character into the end game. Since dailies were introduced in WotLK there were never ment to be an endgame, parts where you can get the best gear in the game. No, they were ment to impliment your character with relative items in order to step into the endgame.
I mean… I don’t understand your line of tought. You do the content that is made to progress your charcter in order to do the next tier of content, but since you don’t want to do it, you demand the content you do to give you relative rewards as the next tier one. It kind of makes no sense.

Jumping in here with a few of my viewpoints.

I was always under the assumption that once my character could no longer gain levels then any activity I did at the point was end game activities.

They were introduced in TBC if you don’t count the turn in repeatable quests for Ahn Qiraj.

And I don’t understand yours. Running top level daily quests or world quests or whatever you want to call is end game for a lot of players like me and now all of a sudden it isn’t actually end game content anymore.

3 Likes