TitanForging was it really bad?

Titanforging was an awful system, good riddance.

4 Likes

You may want to be careful with blanket statements like this, sure a Titanforged pair of bracers from the arcway may correlate to a 1.5% increase in DPS.

A titanforged arcanocrystal? Yeah i think that correlates to a bit more than 1.5%

3 Likes

To help your guild and to socialize with them.

This idea that once you get the items you need you’re done with the raid is incredibly selfish and permeates the entirety of WoW. You’re done with the raid when your guild is done with the raid.

The main problem with titanforging is that it made non-titanforged items actual garbage. The insistence that players have to have a reward to pursue in order to play has permanently damaged WoW. Nobody plays for fun anymore. They all play in pursuit of some carrot. If a raid is fun, I’ll do it because it is fun, no need for a reward. If in the meantime I help some of my ungeared guildies get some gear - all the better.

3 Likes

It doesnt. It feels good only to dopamine addicts. If you get item and there was no meaningfull work done then players just put it in and forget about. Thats like most boring reward you can have in video game. It serve only one purpose. Inject dopamine into your brain for those few secods when you get item. It works for while but player hit point where they simply stop caring about anything they do and quit playing game.

1 Like

Its not blanket statement. I did quite a lot of sims, and by quite a lot I mean 3 digit number. Its 1.5% on average. For some slots its closer to 0.9% and for some its like 2-3% (mostly trinkets). But you can check that on bloodmallet. But not all trinkets/specs are like that. For example vita charged titanshard gives around 200-400 dps (one hundred) per 15 ilvls.
And that translates to 0.2-0.4% difference for BM hunter.

And real sims example proves it:
https://i.imgur.com/ENpopOG.png

Except nobody gets dopamine from dropping gear even titanforged simply because gear is not a source of excitement. Timing high key is.

2 Likes

Chipping in as someone who does not do mythic raiding, I was also glad to see the back of titanforging. While it could be exciting to get a titanforge, it was also disappointing to get better loot from a random world quest than from a raid where you were actually putting in effort. To me, titanforging discouraged effort.

Titanforging also exacerbated problems with personal loot in raids. You get a piece that’s useless for you but great for a guildy? Too bad, it titanforged so the game decides it’s an upgrade for you and now you can’t trade it. So you’re annoyed and your guildy is annoyed. As others have said, the loot is disappointing.

In regards to the infinite grind, while having a reason to keep playing is good, many people would like to be done with gearing - not so that they can stop playing but so that they can do other things - play an alt, do other types of content. I’d rather be done with gear (even though I’m playing at a level where technically I could get higher since mythic raiding is there, but not of interest to me) so I can focus on other aspects of the game rather than getting burned out doing the same things again and again praying for titanforges.

4 Likes

Titanforging is terrible.

If, like yours truly, you are one unlucky bastard, you always end up groaning “Whyyyyyyy?” whenever you get a titanforged item on your herbalism alt while your raiding main remains stuck with yet-another-seal-wasted-on-that-BIS-trinket, which somehow always drops in its most mundane form (assuming it drops at all).

Not to mention it completely messes up the logical (and perfectly reasonable) gear/personal progression.

I’m one of those people who would rather see players rewarded for effort/skill rather than luck. A person who hops in when a world boss is at 2% hp and hits it a few times should NOT be potentially rewarded with the kind of gear other players have to do M+ or raids to get. It’s simply unreasonable.

4 Likes

Yes.

I still haven’t been able to replace a trinket for prot on my paladin that I got last season because it titanforged.

1 Like

TF was amazing system .

wait till early january - once people will be bis myhic + geared on their 12 alts and whining about having nothing to do in game.

im fully expecting first threads like this to happen in late november - and in full force in january

gearing up in SL is simple - you go in mythic + get bis in 4-5 days - have nothing to do till end of patch - level up N- alt - gear up in mythic + - be done - level up N+1 alts and so on and so on .

will get boring extremly fast :slight_smile:

will be hillarious to read those topics

2 Likes

Can’t speak for everyone, but for me personally it wasn’t boring before Titanforging appeared, so based on that I see no reason why it should suddenly become boring after Titanforging disappears.

4 Likes

Ye sure, i keep having nightmares about Unstable ArcanoCrystal in legion.

1 Like

Nah it wasnt bad, they just had to put a limit on it, like max upgrade 3 times (+15 i lvl).

Oh poor you, want some tissues?

If they put an upgrading system, it should be like Valor Point in last WoD patch, not an RNG Fiesta.

5 Likes

this is exactly why i say most of the arguments against TF are ego based because people are SELFISH and petty

why not just be happy for your friend or anyone else getting a good grade based on luck, and you got yours from hard work

instead youre crying about how it isnt fair :joy: :joy:

1 Like

its not about the reward solely

its the effort/reward ratio, if one guy has to work actively for something the other guy just gets it magically with the snap of a finger and the wave of a wand that isnt fair is it?

4 Likes

I actually always asked for an option to turn it off for myself. It was totally destroying my own gear progression. And it even went over to influencing the next tier.

1 Like

who. cares. what. other. people. get.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

“oh noes the gear im receiving totally by chance and very rarely is TOO GOOD?”

2 Likes

Yes, it is not fun progressing normal, getting higher gear than heroic. Then you progress heroic and that loot is lower than the normal gear.

Then you get heroic on farm, getting 4 pieces that are 5 ilvl lower than heroic NEXT tier, where you want to progress normal again.

Etc.
How is this good and fun?

3 Likes

I do.

Or you think doing a low key in season 3 warrants a 455 trinket that I haven’t replaced yet on my paladin for my prot set? I was just like “just gonna go faceroll this instance cuz i’m bored”, then I get a 455 trinket from it, better than anything else I got that season and I still, at the end of next season, haven’t gotten any drop to replace it.

1 Like

Is just an extra RNG system that is not needed, game was fine way before TF.

As i said before if we have to make gear upgradable, it should be something to work for, not RNG bs like unpacking trinkets or killing Jim and not finding a decent ArcanoCrystal while others were around with 970 version of it.

Screw Tf

2 Likes