To all of you guys who wanted a fresh vanilla server...rejoice, we're making it happen in our own way

So here it is (remove the (a) from the link, you know how it works on this forum…): htt(a)ps://old.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/lrj2v2/the_fresh_crusade_has_almost_hit_700_members_join/

Basically, there’s around 800 people right now (it started 2-3 days ago) from several team, getting ready to get fresh. They’re gaining 300 people a day on their discord…at this rate we’ll be several thousands before it launches. I think this could legit be interesting for all of you guys who were looking for a fresh server.

16 Likes

Yeah, the word is spreading very quickly now. Although I feel sorry for NA has they have a super small version of that going on right now.

Can I just say, use </> Preformatted text to put links on the forum. I’m not going to mess around removing that rubbish from a link.

Edit: It’s only a reroll event that’s been advertised here before. Also whoever designed that poster needs testing for dyslexia.

3 Likes

You are a breath of fresh air everywhere you go!

Anyhoo!
Looking forward to this project! Launching on March 5th and realm is revealed the day before launch!

2 Likes

Definitely on board. Will be so nice to have people to do dungeons with at all levels. The current boost meta is terrible.

2 Likes

I’m just waiting for them to announce the realm, which will probably be the realm the GM is on at the moment. We will know a week tomorrow.

Cheer up laddie! The likelihood that someone already has a character or two on the to-be-revealed realm is quite high out of the approximately thousand participaters we have in Discord at present.

Cheer up and join the fray!

A good idea in principle. Not one i see lasting though.

I’ll keep an eye on this and see how well it fares for future reference though.

1 Like

Good idea, plus now there’s tbc coming so it’s worth it, and we can transfer anyways. If enough people start fresh on a dead server, I could see tons of other people coming as well !!

1 Like

Great initiative. The community solving an issue Blizzard won’t.

1 Like

Hey Dottie, just to clarify, I’m the organizer and we will not know or decide on the realm until the day of launch! Server choice will depend on how big our community is by the end of next week :slight_smile:

We hit 1100 today, come and see what it’s all about!

what a great job guys, bring it to our little tenStorms!

Idk man, if Blizzard see this reroll project then doesn’t it make them less likely to make actual fresh servers? All it’s telling Blizzard is that people will still sub anyways, even if they don’t get what they wanted. After seeing a “fresh start” project like this, what incentive does Blizzard have to make an actual fresh realm?

Playing devil’s advocate here btw. I REALLY want fresh tbc servers.

2 Likes

Considering the chances of Fresh TBC realms is 0% until WotLK Classic comes out I would say no.

I don’t think there’s 0 chance of fresh. I think that Blizz are likely on the fence about it.
The 58 boost does kill some hope though, since that was obviously considered alongside fresh and they just chose the lazy money option.
I think Blizzard are playing it “smart”. If they announced fresh, then loads of people would have just unsubbed until TBC release, which obviously would result in a significant drop in revenue. In such case, it’s in their best interest to leave us in the dark about Fresh (assuming it’s being considered).

Idk, i’m pessimistic yet optimistic

3 Likes

Remember when they launched classic with 3 servers and gave themselves a pat on the back well done.

That was a funny day.

I do, at least until WotLK CLassic.

I think it was discussed and dismissed.

When? To my knowledge they’ve never talked about Fresh TBC. They did mention Fresh Vanilla and they talked about how they’d consider doing it much later, but Fresh TBC specifically was never mentioned. I actually think they intentionally dodged talking about it. There’s NO WAY Blizzard aren’t aware that there’s been a lot of talk about tbc fresh.

I remember they made a research: sending an e-mail to “selected” customers, asking what they would prefer. We COULD have had a fresh server, but the “selected” group of consumers has made the base for this decision. Not the wide community.

-In other words, they asked the elitists, that they knew were gonna have thunderfury or Black Quiraj Battle Tank, or tons of gold, or top % of raiders. And OFCOURSE that “selected” group of players wanted to have their character with them to TBC.